Rapido's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge

rapidotrains

Guest Centurion

Then I watched the APT launch video. I have to confess I did initially wonder why the 1st entrant in the UK market was of something that didn't actually ever enter into active service. After seeing the passion of which you spoke about it I think I get it. We are almost the same age but I don't remember it at all, but I would have been into different things at the time (1975 was the Star Wars era!). While it isn't for me (I like the body but I think the nose makes it look like robot duck) I genuinely wish you all the best, your clearly a very nice bunch of guys....and obviously completely bonkers, but my sort of bonkers if you are brave enough to openly wear a communicator badge!

• RMweb Gold

I'm impressed with the fortitude of the FP9... suspect that "I tried the ice bucket challenge on it" might invalidate the warranty though...

Won't be trying that with mine. At least not deliberately!

I genuinely wish you all the best, your clearly a very nice bunch of guys....and obviously completely bonkers, but my sort of bonkers if you are brave enough to openly wear a communicator badge!

Thanks! As for my communicator badge(s)... Look up "NERD" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of me.

-Jason

Guest Centurion

Thanks! As for my communicator badge(s)... Look up "NERD" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of me.

-Jason

Yes..I might be there too. I have gone from one nerdy thing to the next....I expect it's imagination and escapism but who cares.

I was thinking actually.....I used to have the Playmates next generation transporter toy (as a collector of course!). It worked because the front of it was slightly mirrored glass, and the figure was placed directly under a light. When activated that light went out and another came on, due to the mirrored glass it created the illusion that the figure dissapared.

Now (and the reason I bought it up) it was mentioned that the actual APT might have smoky, mirrored glazing. Now.....if you fitted it with this in theory when the internal lights were off you wouldn't see inside and you would have that kind of finish, but when lit from the inside (as in the transporter toy, and most types of one way glass) you would see the equipment with it's 3D blinking lights of the pattern buffer, Heisenburg Compensator, and angular confinement beam (as well as the other boring train stuff).

Now...that would be cool (and nerdy at the same time!)

Archived