Ruston and Hornsby 48DS

Guest oldlugger

Hello Bob,

Sadly I don't think Judith Edge do a kit for the Ruston 48DS. The erstwhile kit manufacturers Oakville and Impetus both produced 7mm kits of this tiny shunter. Impetus is now owned by Karlgarin Models:

http://www.karlgarin.com/r&d.htm

The Karlgarin kit is in the pipeline. If you are impatient my suggestion would be to keep an eye on Ebay under O gauge locomotives, or somewhere like Modelfair or Wagon and Carriage Works for second hand built examples. Alternatively, scratch building the loco wouldn't be too hard as it is a fairly simple design; finding a motor bogie with the correct wheelbase and wheel diameter might be more of a challenge, however.

All the best

Simon

Hello Bob,

Sadly I don't think Judith Edge do a kit for the Ruston 48DS. The erstwhile kit manufacturers Oakville and Impetus both produced 7mm kits of this tiny shunter. Impetus is now owned (I believe) by Karlgarin Models:

http://www.karlgarin.com/r&d.htm

but I'm not sure if the kit is currently in production or not. I have a feeling it isn't. My suggestion would be to keep an eye on Ebay under O gauge locomotives, or somewhere like Modelfair or Wagon and Carriage Works for second hand built examples. Alternatively, scratch building the loco wouldn't be too hard as it is a fairly simple design; finding a motor bogie with the correct wheelbase and wheel diameter might be more of a challenge, however.

All the best

Simon

Try Imptus as has been reported on this forum that they are available but not listed as such. :icon_confused:

As stated above, Impetus are now owned by Karlgarin. I would not believe anything you hear about, "models are in the pipeleine" from them, or about them, until you actually SEE one.

When they were first taken over by Karlgarin, I exchanged e-mails with them, some of which contained very detailed excuses as to why they were not available, and when they would be.

That was more than 7 years ago, and Karlgarin now states on his website that he will not enter into correspondance about the availability of kits. I fear the kits are in the same black hole as the ex-David Parkins 07 and 03, bought by ABS:(

Judith Edge Kits is as likely a source as any, the sole prop. Michael Edge graces this site with his presence.

I seem to recall that Mike has one under development, at least in 4mm (and showed a picture of the same on the old forum). I'm not sure exactly what the current state of play is, but I'm sure Mike can/will clarify, either here or by email.

The latest state of play with Karlgarin/Impetus (dated almost 11 months ago now), however, seems to be as detailed here and here. Contacting Karlgarin would seem to be a sensible thing to try, since I can only presume things will have moved on in the intervening period.

Adam

Archived