AGR Model Railway Store - Leighton Buzzard / Buckinghamshire / Bedfordshire

AGR Model Store

Hello RMWeb, For the Second time now.

Let me start off by introducing my self as Anthony, I'm only 23 years young & have history growing up with / working model railways. Some members may or may not know me but I used to work for 'The model railway store' in leighton buzzard for the past 2+ years.

I'm now not working with the original owner. But I do now own the lease on the property and hope to open with a few weeks, pending everything does to plan.

Within the store, It is at present going through a refurbishment with all selves, display cases and comfy new desk for myself.

We do have website as its only a day old at present, Things will change for the better but please see the link provided :- www.agrmodelrailwaystore.co.uk/

The store will located at 9 High Street Mews. 28 High Street , Leighton Buzzard. I shall be in most days if you would like to pop in for chat or look around, And i'am aiming to be open on the 27th Sept 2014.

As some of you may or may not know the shop went through an overall and over 3/4 of space was lost for customer browsing ( by previous owner ), I can say the full store will be open for people to look around and see every product.

I will be supplying major brands such as Peco, Gauge-master, Hornby & Bachmann, Wills, Metcalfe & Ratio . As well as some newer supply newer brands that was never brought into the old business such as Heljan, DJ Models, Trackside signs and more.

As soon as the shop re-open's, I shall make a comment on this thread so RMweb users get the full benefit of hearing first.

If theirs any questions to wish to ask please leave message on this thread or feel free to private message me.

Thank You for reading,

Anthony R.

10649500_10152401023619702_5159123776379

Edited by AGR Model Store
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

The Facebook page is now open please follow the link & like the page.

https://www.facebook.com/agrmodelstore

Also we will be opening this Saturday. ( 27th ) and I will be uploading a discount voucher for in store use, for RMweb users later today.

Enjoy your day.

Anthony.

Just wanted to wish you all the best with you're venture Anthony. Ill spread the word at MKMRS that you're opening.

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was in the shop today (again), It is worth mentioning that as well as a lot of 00 there is a growing range of N now developing too.

Well worth supporting.

Roy

Thank you Roy, I need all the support I can get.

Will have to have a pop over in the new year as I'm only in Bletchley.

And no where stocks N gauge in milton keynes

Please visit anytime, we have a good selection of N gauge at present and few items in our pre-owned section also at present.

• RMweb Premium

One happy customer here!  Finally made it over to the shop today.  Looks good!  Very friendly and welcoming.  And good service too;  I rang this morning to see if Anthony had any K1s in stock.  He had 2 left and would put one aside for me, which I collected this evening. 

So I'm now the happy owner* of a K1 and delighted that we've got a decent model railway shop nearby again, which will get better as Anthony adds more lines, N-Gauge stuff and paints etc. I for one will be making it my first port of call.

Oh and the mince pies were good too ;)

*well sort of ie from Christmas day!!!

Ralph

Lambton58

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have been told past couple days rmweb members haven't been able to find our website.

:- www.agrmodelrailwaystore.co.uk

Please follow the link and if any rmweb members wish to order, please message in the comments section with your username and we will send the order either signed post or upgrade you to 48 hour postage. ( depening on the size of the order )

Have great evening.

Anthony.

• 1 month later...

Good Friday Morning.

We got a few special offers on 00 Gauge products at present, Just wanting to pass the saving on to RMweb ...

http://www.agrmodelrailwaystore.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=r3187- Hornby GNR N2 @ £75. R3187

http://www.agrmodelrailwaystore.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=r3194- Hornby Schools Class - BR Black @ £105 R3194

http://www.agrmodelrailwaystore.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=r3222Hornby GWR 42xx @ £100 R3222

http://www.agrmodelrailwaystore.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=r3106Hornby GWR 28xx @£105 R3106

Any questions please ask or email us. 

We will update soon with N gauge Offers.

• 4 months later...

Wee Update Time :- 

We are almost a Year old and all I can say is Thank you to any / all RMweb members that have helped us over the past 11 months. The shop is still building and we are still stocking new lines each month.

Our pre-owned stock is really taken off, so much so I have boxes of stock at home. But we only have the best to offer in our outside cabinet & display racks in-store. ( If you are looking for anything in particular please message me or email the store and we shall try and help. )

We shall launching hopefully by the end of august on our website a pre-owned section & repair service. ( which we offer in store at present. ) 

Our pre-owned cabinet as of today :- 

11845126_1679737398924327_36884247905531

We also have been for a while in store a sign up sheet for our exclusive wagon which will be produced by Bachmann if we get the numbers behind us.

Which will be a 5 Plank - Arnold Sand Wagon ( Leighton Buzzard ) :-

Limited to 500

NEM couplings

High Level Detail - Compared to the Hornby one made in the 70's/80's

Suitable for most era's.

So if anyone would like to place their name down for one ( No guarantee the project will go ahead yet. ) Please feel free to leave me message or email the store.

Thank you again!

Anthony from AGR. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

10-05-16 Update.

13147685_1783055281925871_72146119400680

Long time no speak on RM-Web without an update.

We keep growing instore / online and plenty of stock to choose from.

For those who cant make it in store check out our website - www.agrmodelrailwaystore.co.uk. Price beating big boys.... 

• Like 2

10-05-16 Update.

Long time no speak on RM-Web without an update.

We keep growing instore / online and plenty of stock to choose from.

For those who cant make it in store check out our website - www.agrmodelrailwaystore.co.uk. Price beating big boys.... 

Well done Anthony, it's good to see that despite the doomsayers a new business in the world of model railways can not only survive but thrive.  We started in 1994 surrounded by prophecies of doom and disaster and here we are, 22 years on, still going and still able to match or even beat the so called big boys.

Dave