AGR Model Railway Store - Leighton Buzzard / Buckinghamshire / Bedfordshire

AGR Model Store

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

Thanks to AGR I'm now the happy owner of  a Hornby Q6.  It's a smashing model.

Once again superb friendly service from Anthony, I can't recommend this shop too highly.

Ralph

Lambton58

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I paid a visit to the shop earlier this week having found myself in Leighton Buzzard (lunchtime ;) ) while waiting for an NT property to open.  Nice little shop and lovely friendly folk running it so it was impossible to leave without buying something - so I did (even if it was only a wagon and an Oxford Freightlifter).  The secondhand/detailed items could well interest those who are into diesels but there was some steam outline as well.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been to the shop a few time to pick up some things and always come out with happy. It is packed full of great products and Anthony is always very very helpful.

Thank you keep up the good work see you in a few weeks (I should have picked up that wire...)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well I must say.... I'm REALLY impressed.  Yesterday afternoon around 4:30pm I ordered some of those nice new PECO Bullhead points from AGR.  At a competitive price too.  

They arrived in Cornwall just this morning! 

I've never used AGR before but Anthony seems a really nice chap and he clearly made an effort to catch the post for me yesterday.      :danced:    Many thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

As of today AGR Model Railway Store is a official Zimo Stockist.

post-12266-0-27837300-1520323152_thumb.jpg

This will help us with our DCC Sound fitting turn around speed, having the decoders now on site. ( Ready & Waiting )

We will of course still be offering DCC Fitting with either Zimo Deocders , DCC Concepts or Gaugemaster Decoders ( Customers choice )

Our range of DCC Concepts accessories and Gaugemaster / Roco DCC Controllers will hopefully help anyone starting in DCC or Just wanting to upgrade / change in the DCC Hobby.

Thank you

Anthony.

• Like 4

As of today AGR Model Railway Store is a official Zimo Stockist.

attachicon.gif28576678_2124115697819826_2510286317656795957_n.jpg

This will help us with our DCC Sound fitting turn around speed, having the decoders now on site. ( Ready & Waiting )

We will of course still be offering DCC Fitting with either Zimo Deocders , DCC Concepts or Gaugemaster Decoders ( Customers choice )

Our range of DCC Concepts accessories and Gaugemaster / Roco DCC Controllers will hopefully help anyone starting in DCC or Just wanting to upgrade / change in the DCC Hobby.

Thank you

Anthony.

What/who's sound files are you using on the Zimo. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hopefully saved by AGR....

Mrs 2750 is away at the moment so I thought I'd catch up with a couple of model building projects,  working on the dining room table.  I was too lazy to find sprue cutters to open a new bottle of Roket cyano so tried to open it with knife on cutting mat.  Disaster!  Cyano everywhere.  Fortunately, the table itself has a thick protector on it but the tablecloth received several large blobs, despite the quick use of a  damp J cloth.

A quick web search revealed Glue Buster and I placed an order with AGR yesterday afternoon, which arrived this morning.  It has certainly softened and removed much of the dried cyano and the tablecloth is now on the stain removal programme in the washing machine.

So hopefully my bacon has been saved by the (usual) quick postal delivery from AGR......

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 5 months later...

This really is an excellent shop, i moved to the area last year and have been using AGR since,  i always recieve brilliant service. Its great to see a modern model shop with genuinely enthusiastic staff. 

Amazes me how much you can pack in a small space also. If only i was that good at tetris as a kid.

deffo reccomend a trip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2019 at 10:59, 2750Papyrus said:

Hopefully saved by AGR....

Mrs 2750 is away at the moment so I thought I'd catch up with a couple of model building projects,  working on the dining room table.  I was too lazy to find sprue cutters to open a new bottle of Roket cyano so tried to open it with knife on cutting mat.  Disaster!  Cyano everywhere.  Fortunately, the table itself has a thick protector on it but the tablecloth received several large blobs, despite the quick use of a  damp J cloth.

A quick web search revealed Glue Buster and I placed an order with AGR yesterday afternoon, which arrived this morning.  It has certainly softened and removed much of the dried cyano and the tablecloth is now on the stain removal programme in the washing machine.

So hopefully my bacon has been saved by the (usual) quick postal delivery from AGR......

You could of used nail varnish remover too. Does the same thing.