LCUT creative

LCUT_creative

Hi Barnaby,

We are happy to tweak the designs to make them more suited for particular region. Do you have any specific details that you would like us to look at?

We are not making any yard crane supports at the moment but I can look into it for you.

Generally rescaling from OO to O involves the scaling itself and then tweaking to make it work better with the scale. We also are adding some details to the parts like the window frames that will be coming with the individual windows. We believe small touches like this are going to improve the parts/kits.

We are aiming at having the warehouse ready within 2 weeks. We will be then introducing more small or reference kits in O. We will also introduce low relief versions of some of the bigger buildings.

Please do continue to use email if you prefer it! Apologies I did not realise it was you I missed the part where you said you posted on RM forum!

Oh yes please LCUT those items shown in your post # 23 are the very things I was asking for in my email to you today.  I did ask for the Lineside Warehouse kit as in 00 gauge to be made available in 0 gauge but if you can make the main elements available like you show above it would suit my low relief needs much better.  My preferred location is LMS/GWR crossover so any tweaks to items that would show that character would be great too.

I would like some small platform come stone bases to mount yard cranes on.  I've not checked all you do in 00 gauge so you may already make one.

On the matter of re-scaling say from 00 to 0 gauge does it just require you to adjust the scale on the laser cutter or is it a bit more complicated than that.  I ask this as you have quite a few items in 00 that I would like enlarging up to 0 gauge.

Do you have a time line for when the various 0 gauge items will get released so that I can plan  my time accordingly.

Great work LCUT keep it up.

Best regards

PS.  I'll drop contacting you via email and continue on here.

Thanks for the update LCUT.  I'll be ordering one warehouse as soon as it is available.

I was going to have it as low relief requiring only the front half and using the rear half else where but I've decided to build with 4 walls but modify it in 3 ways.

1] move the side office to align with the front wall to allow for 2] an opening in the same side so a wagon can enter the warehouse.  This will require me to 3] alter the flooring and move the platform inside to align with the track so the wagons can unload.   I may include a crane inside too.

That should be a reasonably easy modification to achieve but I wont know until I get my hands on the real thing but looking at the 00 version it looks ok to do.

Best

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1

I have just about completed building the small signal box. I have  two suggestions for improvement to what is a first class model:

1. At flue pipe on the roof. There would always have been a stove and so a metal flue pipe. It was not hard to add one, but included it would have been great.

2. There is no opening into the base of the box for the point rodding and signal cables. This would have been at the front.

I have detailed the inside of the box with a Springside small signal box white metal kit and glazed all the windows. I am just waiting to get a small LED to light it up and add it to the layout. Must get around to the goods shed that I also bought at Warley.

David

post-21895-0-47960500-1425143971_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Can't wait to see how you did it! I will notify you as soon as we have the parts ready.

Thanks for the update LCUT.  I'll be ordering one warehouse as soon as it is available.

I was going to have it as low relief requiring only the front half and using the rear half else where but I've decided to build with 4 walls but modify it in 3 ways.

1] move the side office to align with the front wall to allow for 2] an opening in the same side so a wagon can enter the warehouse.  This will require me to 3] alter the flooring and move the platform inside to align with the track so the wagons can unload.   I may include a crane inside too.

That should be a reasonably easy modification to achieve but I wont know until I get my hands on the real thing but looking at the 00 version it looks ok to do.

Best

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback! Glad you liked the kit.

1. We certainly could include the usual part we use for chimney pots/pipes and add a note in the instructions that it can be used to add a simple metal flute pipe.

2. I will see what I can do. I have an idea for a simple "overbridge" you sometimes see going over the linkages. It could be an interesting detail to add to the signal boxes.

Thank you again for the feedback I really appreciate it! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

I have just about completed building the small signal box. I have  two suggestions for improvement to what is a first class model:

1. At flue pipe on the roof. There would always have been a stove and so a metal flue pipe. It was not hard to add one, but included it would have been great.

2. There is no opening into the base of the box for the point rodding and signal cables. This would have been at the front.

I have detailed the inside of the box with a Springside small signal box white metal kit and glazed all the windows. I am just waiting to get a small LED to light it up and add it to the layout. Must get around to the goods shed that I also bought at Warley.

David

Dear Lcut.

Would it be possible to produce windows to match the Scalescenes buildings range.

I'm about to build their new low relief warehouse and laser cut windows would add an additional feature.

I know that Brassmasters produce a range but I fell laser cut wood would look better.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

Sorry but we are not planning on making matching windows for products from other producers. We are focusing on our own lines of products at the moment.

Dear Lcut.

Would it be possible to produce windows to match the Scalescenes buildings range.

I'm about to build their new low relief warehouse and laser cut windows would add an additional feature.

I know that Brassmasters produce a range but I fell laser cut wood would look better.

Cheers

Dave

Hi everybody,

We have been working on getting the parts ready in O gauge. I have a preview of the engine shed that we will be releasing in O gauge. We have done it first to work out all the kinks in the parts before we move on to something bigger and more exciting. Warehouse to follow!

What do you think?

B%2070-08.jpg

• Like 6

Introducing OO gauge fences

We would like to introduce a simple but extensible fencing solution in OO gauge. Composed of two main parts LCC 00-90 - extension fence and LCC 00-91 - end unit. LCC 00-91 can be used as a standalone unit or it can be extended indefinitely with LCC 00-90.

small_LCC%2000-90.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=LCC%2000-90&title=LCC%2000-90

small_LCC%2000-91.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=LCC%2000-91&title=LCC%2000-91

We also introduced two types of gates; LCC 00-92 - small gate and LCC 00-93 - level crossing gate.

small_LCC%2000-92.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=LCC%2000-92&title=LCC%2000-92

small_LCC%2000-93.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=LCC%2000-93&title=LCC%2000-93

• Like 1

Introducing O gauge small single track engine shed

A popular bundle in OO gauge is now available in O gauge! Following the theme of adding little improvements wherever possible the gates now have additional metalwork elements and the access door can be opened.

B%2070-01.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-01&title=B%2070-01

In addition to the engine shed we also added an extension bundle for B 70-01. Extending your engine shed has never been so easy!

B%2070-01E.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-01E&title=B%2070-01E

We are now also putting finishing touches to the warehouse. We have test parts cut out and we will be introducing it in the middle of the week!

• Like 5

Hi everybody!

We have almost finished the warehouse now! Sorry for the slight delay from promised mid week release.

Here are few pictures as a sneak peak. We will be releasing all the parts on Sunday and the warehouse in low relief version bundle will follow shortly.

warehouse.jpg

warehouse%201.jpg

warehouse%202.jpg

warehouse%203.jpg

office%201.jpg

office%202.jpg

• Like 6

I post my recent emails up in case it is of interests to anybody else. .

Hello LCut People

Are you able to laser other materials?
I’m liking your 0 gauge warehouse low relief but the testers that I have made of your arches I find some of the bricks do chip off quite easily. I wonder if you could use 6mm thick mdf or ply and with the laser cutting just that little bit deeper/wider to give a better definition to the brick courses. I think your laser work is very scale but when I paint up I find the mortar line is very indistinct. I think if you over scale the mortar courses it will fool my eye better and make it easier to paint up.

I’m not sure if this would add or subtract on the cost but I’m interested to know and maybe see a little test if it’s do-able.

Best regards  --  Barnaby

Hi Barnaby,

Thank you for your email! We have recently increased the depth of engravment for brickwork as suggested by a lot of people which is what could be causing the bricks to chip off. We use this specific material thicknesses because they are an approximation of the brick depth and they work well with interlocking bricks on corners. We have tried using other materials but we found them to be nearly impossible to model with or not suitable for laser cutting.

Best regards
Jakub Stachula
LCUT creative

Thanks Jakub.

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1

Hi Barnaby,

Thank you for posting this, it indeed may be of intrest to a lot of people. Now that I saw this I am considering creating a little frequently asked question section on our website.

I post my recent emails up in case it is of interests to anybody else. .

Hello LCut People

Are you able to laser other materials?
I’m liking your 0 gauge warehouse low relief but the testers that I have made of your arches I find some of the bricks do chip off quite easily. I wonder if you could use 6mm thick mdf or ply and with the laser cutting just that little bit deeper/wider to give a better definition to the brick courses. I think your laser work is very scale but when I paint up I find the mortar line is very indistinct. I think if you over scale the mortar courses it will fool my eye better and make it easier to paint up.

I’m not sure if this would add or subtract on the cost but I’m interested to know and maybe see a little test if it’s do-able.

Best regards  --  Barnaby

Hi Barnaby,

Thank you for your email! We have recently increased the depth of engravment for brickwork as suggested by a lot of people which is what could be causing the bricks to chip off. We use this specific material thicknesses because they are an approximation of the brick depth and they work well with interlocking bricks on corners. We have tried using other materials but we found them to be nearly impossible to model with or not suitable for laser cutting.

Best regards
Jakub Stachula
LCUT creative

Thanks Jakub.

Introducing O gauge lineside warehouse and office

Highly anticipated warehouse in low relief version is here!

B%2070-02.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-02&title=B%2070-02

In addition to the warehouse we are introducing the warehouse office with basement in two version with left and right side stairs.

B%2070-03.jpg

http://http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-03L&title=B%2070-03L

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-03R&title=B%2070-03R

Jakub / LCUT,

I notice what is described as a brick overbridge on your website (LCC B 00-22).  Can you confirm whether this is a road over rail or rail over road bridge?

Also, do you produce the parts suitable to create a culvert headwall and wingwalls?  I am thinking of a large pipe culvert under a rail line.  I am assuming that the wingwalls could be fabricated from the brick overbridge wingwalls highlighted above, but am less sure about the headwall. 

With regards the comment earlier that some of the bricks chip off quite easily, is this something that is solved by varnishing the assembled building / structure?

Finally, any chance you could add your website address to your signature strip as a hyperlink?

• Like 1

Hi,

The overbridge is for road over rail bridge. It can also be used an entrance to a tunnel with embankments.

I will look into the culvert headwall and wingwalls for you. I will reply to this thread when I have something to show you.

Bricks chipping off is sadly the disadvantage of the material we use. If have a few of them coming off on a cut line I usually glue them back. Or if I have them starting to come of on the surface I just run some glue over them and it fixes it. I never had bricks coming of in the middle of brickwork but I paint or varnish that penetrates the material will help them stay on.

Will add the hyperlink in a second.

Jakub / LCUT,

I notice what is described as a brick overbridge on your website (LCC B 00-22).  Can you confirm whether this is a road over rail or rail over road bridge?

Also, do you produce the parts suitable to create a culvert headwall and wingwalls?  I am thinking of a large pipe culvert under a rail line.  I am assuming that the wingwalls could be fabricated from the brick overbridge wingwalls highlighted above, but am less sure about the headwall. 

With regards the comment earlier that some of the bricks chip off quite easily, is this something that is solved by varnishing the assembled building / structure?

Finally, any chance you could add your website address to your signature strip as a hyperlink?

Hello LCut Jakub, I ordered the new 0 Gauge low relief warehouse & some other bits on Sunday night and received it this morning Tuesday fantastic service thank you.

First thing was to unpack the substantial box and open the sturdy inner kit box.  All parts ticked off for the warehouse but I thought I should read the Manual first.

A couple of things:- you say in the Manual best to use the corner & wall kit braces, LCC 00-00 & LCC 00-01 respectively.  Do you intend to offer these for 0 gauge building as I found with my test build of an arch set it did require some stiffening.  I used some 4.5mm x  6mm bass wood on that with success but nice laser cut right angle pieces from you would improve the right angles required.

I'm off to make a start on the warehouse office and to get into the build mood.

see my signature link for any build progress comments.

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1

Very impressed with the service. I ordered a 00 Small Signal Box yesterday morning. At lunchtime I remembered that I'd need a few extra bits for what I had in mind for it. So I went on the web site to find what I needed, and see if I could get them added to the order. Fortunately, I noticed that there are enough extra bits in the kit already, as I then got an e-mail to say my order had been despatched! It arrived this morning.

• Like 1

Hi Barnaby,

I was worried that they may need some supports. We have ananged to assemble it without them but I have prepared corner supports for O gauge. I am going to put them in the post for you today if you want.

Hello LCut Jakub, I ordered the new 0 Gauge low relief warehouse & some other bits on Sunday night and received it this morning Tuesday fantastic service thank you.

First thing was to unpack the substantial box and open the sturdy inner kit box.  All parts ticked off for the warehouse but I thought I should read the Manual first.

A couple of things:- you say in the Manual best to use the corner & wall kit braces, LCC 00-00 & LCC 00-01 respectively.  Do you intend to offer these for 0 gauge building as I found with my test build of an arch set it did require some stiffening.  I used some 4.5mm x  6mm bass wood on that with success but nice laser cut right angle pieces from you would improve the right angles required.

I'm off to make a start on the warehouse office and to get into the build mood.

see my signature link for any build progress comments.

• Like 1

Hi,

Great to hear everything arrived safe and sound! We always do our best to dispatch everything as soon as it is possible.

Very impressed with the service. I ordered a 00 Small Signal Box yesterday morning. At lunchtime I remembered that I'd need a few extra bits for what I had in mind for it. So I went on the web site to find what I needed, and see if I could get them added to the order. Fortunately, I noticed that there are enough extra bits in the kit already, as I then got an e-mail to say my order had been despatched! It arrived this morning.

• Like 2

I am going to put them in the post for you today if you want

That would be great - thanks Jakub/LCut.

A minor correction is needed to the 2-page help sheets supplied with the Warehouse office.  The ID labels for parts 74-41a & 74-41b are not positioned correctly. The longer and shorter pieces ares drawn in the correct position but they have their labels swapped over.  The longer should be named as 74-41a not b as in your sketch.   Easy to correct I think.

Regards

post-1159-0-93683000-1427296126_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barnaby

Thanks for spotting it! I will correct it.

That would be great - thanks Jakub/LCut.

A minor correction is needed to the 2-page help sheets supplied with the Warehouse office.  The ID labels for parts 74-41a & 74-41b are not positioned correctly. The longer and shorter pieces ares drawn in the correct position but they have their labels swapped over.  The longer should be named as 74-41a not b as in your sketch.   Easy to correct I think.

Regards