Kernow OO gauge LSWR Road Van

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

Just a heads-up for anyone with one or more of these on pre-order - if you ordered back when Kernow refunded the initial payment for pre-orders, you'll be charged the current price (£29.99), not the rate at which you preordered (which for me was £24.99, in 2016) - I've just phoned to add another to my order, and was asked if I'd pay for the first two as well (to make things easier come delivery time, which I'm quite happy with), but was then told it's at the current price, not the price at which I ordered.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Nick C said:

Just a heads-up for anyone with one or more of these on pre-order - if you ordered back when Kernow refunded the initial payment for pre-orders, you'll be charged the current price (£29.99), not the rate at which you preordered (which for me was £24.99, in 2016) - I've just phoned to add another to my order, and was asked if I'd pay for the first two as well (to make things easier come delivery time, which I'm quite happy with), but was then told it's at the current price, not the price at which I ordered.

I would call that fiver each a bonus, to have Graham Muspratt involved. Rather than whatever nightmare Dave Jones would have belatedly brought us.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, durham light infantry said:

I would call that fiver each a bonus, to have Graham Muspratt involved. Rather than whatever nightmare Dave Jones would have belatedly brought us.

Apparently I’m only worth a tenner... 

:D 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, durham light infantry said:

Agreed, I'm not complaining, just thought I'd warn people as some are struggling at the moment and might get a surprise. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

17F92E63-28C8-4A31-AFC9-3AC2F598D8F9.jpeg.31eeb8d3f56bb0eb92dfff5050944996.jpeg

Graham,

These look absolutely fantastic - I can't wait for my BR Bodmin / Wenford Bridge model.

Just one comment - there seems to be a trend nowadays of fitting oversized coupling hooks to RTR locos and rolling stock.

I am sure that this is a great help for those who use three link couplings, but it is certainly detrimental to the appearance of the model. Personally, I invariably cut off the oversized hooks, and replace them with scale etched or cast hooks.

It would be very helpful for the majority who don't use three link couplings if both scale and oversize hooks could be supplied in the detail pack, for the customer to fit as appropriate.

John Isherwood.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

The current price is in fact £34.99. We have managed to hold the 2018 price of £29.99 for all pre-orders who pay at the time of order until the shipment leaves China. 
Anyone who had pre-ordered between 2016 and 2018 will be contacted in due course. 

I assume that applies to those of us who pre-ordered in 2014 as well?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Quick question - and apologies if it has been answered elsewhere in the thread.

I've just found a Smallbrook resin kit of an LSWR 10T road van - but it doesnt say which diagram it is. Does anyone know which it is? Is it the same as the Kernow van? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I've just found a Smallbrook resin kit of an LSWR 10T road van - but it doesnt say which diagram it is. Does anyone know which it is? Is it the same as the Kernow van? 

Smallbrook's site says it is the same - Dia 1541. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, JohnR said:

11 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Smallbrook's site says it is the same - Dia 1541. 

As Ian says they do the 1541. They also do the 1545 van if you want an alternative, as below.

1545_1.jpg.7e989a51b15eb0b8af958b1e848e618a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 15/01/2021 at 22:58, Graham_Muz said:

The current price is in fact £34.99. We have managed to hold the 2018 price of £29.99 for all pre-orders who pay at the time of order until the shipment leaves China. 
Anyone who had pre-ordered between 2016 and 2018 will be contacted in due course. 
I apologise for the gestation time of this model. It was delayed by two previous suppliers.  KMRC started working directly with the factory as a result of these delays and this is the final model that was caught in the backlog from that situation.
Things have moved on much quicker since last summer when we received the first Engineering Prototype.

We approved the 2nd EP along with the livery artwork sheets in December and I have now been able to approve the decorated samples that we received just over a week ago!
I am very much looking forward to production commencing and being able to deliver the models. You will not be disappointed. 
B613995B-9184-4F06-A317-6C200834FD64.jpeg.d25afba1d90dbd60a1d583e7b915c7a5.jpeg

FB8451CD-1413-4BFF-98FD-BD57CD24CE41.jpeg.13e9747a8e3031528982e6d6e744c552.jpeg

17F92E63-28C8-4A31-AFC9-3AC2F598D8F9.jpeg.31eeb8d3f56bb0eb92dfff5050944996.jpeg

394F6D6D-63FD-4941-A3E5-F7D3715D555B.jpeg.88817aad82ffcf81c709afe939fbe0aa.jpeg82C44AAE-41FB-4175-BFF2-249086BE225A.jpeg.bd7c42a9c8d1bc9275eb995885fb5f73.jpeg

B0E57A1C-0B28-4A2D-8C4D-C3004840B683.jpeg

The brown on van No.56046 on your layout looks a bit odd.  Is it different to the models below or just a feature of the lighting?

Best regards,

Martin

• Like 1

Guest Jack Benson

The mainland BR grey version will make it way to Beaminster Road to join a very small clutch of exLSWR survivors. The outcome has been worth the gestation, thank you to all those involved who have ensured that there will be no disappointment.

Cheers and Stay Safe

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MartinTrucks said:

The brown on van No.56046 on your layout looks a bit odd.  Is it different to the models below or just a feature of the lighting?

Best regards,

Martin

It is down to it being a quick snap on the layout and not fully correcting for the different lighting.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

For me, one of little knowledge on these vehicles. Would the mainland LSWR lettered model be able to be renumbered to 5706 from the Bluebell? I realise it has parallel buffers and the prototype in question has the ribbed type as preserved.

Will buffers be available as spares for those wanting to change them to the alternative type?

Cheers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

For me, one of little knowledge on these vehicles. Would the mainland LSWR lettered model be able to be renumbered to 5706 from the Bluebell? I realise it has parallel buffers and the prototype in question has the ribbed type as preserved.

Will buffers be available as spares for those wanting to change them to the alternative type?

Cheers

Or will there be another run later on offering some more alternatives if the first lot sell well ?

Ray

• Like 2

On 16/01/2021 at 10:26, cctransuk said:

...... - there seems to be a trend nowadays of fitting oversized coupling hooks to RTR locos and rolling stock.    I am sure that this is a great help for those who use three link couplings, .........

I can't speak for anyone else who uses three-link couplings - but I do so to reduce the overscale gap between vehicles ......... and I'll be fitting scale etched hooks to my vans to achieve that. ( sprung if possible )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

I can't speak for anyone else who uses three-link couplings - but I do so to reduce the overscale gap between vehicles ......... and I'll be fitting scale etched hooks to my vans to achieve that. ( sprung if possible )

I use three link and screw link couplings between groups of vehicles that will be shunted en-bloc. I have retained the various hook and bar couplings at the outer ends for shunting purposes at the time being, but am considering replacing these with the B & B etched magnetically operated type couplings as an alternative for the future. More compact and extendable/retractable a bit, having a slotted screw mounting hole allowing for adjustment of distance.

Ray

Edited by wainwright1
More info
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/01/2021 at 13:49, Pre Grouping fan said:

Cheers

There is no plan at the moment to make any buffers available as spares, but I will see what it might be possible to arrange. 

Apart from the buffers (and as you are the first to ask, I would be able to sort four out for you from my bag if bits) the SB003B version would be suitable for renumbering to the Bluebell example.

• Informative/Useful 2

35 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

There is no plan at the moment to make any buffers available as spares, but I will see what it might be possible to arrange. 

Apart from the buffers (and as you are the first to ask, I would be able to sort four out for you from my bag if bits) the SB003B version would be suitable for renumbering to the Bluebell example.

Thank you for the reply, also very kind of you to offer to send a set of buffers. I shall go ahead and  place an order for that model later.

Cheers

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Thank you for the reply, also very kind of you to offer to send a set of buffers. I shall go ahead and  place an order for that model later.

Cheers

No problem, especially if it has encouraged a sale...

I will make a note to contact you when the models are available. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...