Kernow OO gauge LSWR Road Van

DJM Dave

58 minutes ago, MartinTrucks said:

No sign of mine yet (ordered June 2018).

Martin

I ordered mine as soon as they were announced in 2014, however some time later the original price was increased and Kernow offered a reduced price increase for those who had pre ordered. I think I paid for mine about 18 months ago. So not sure if the despatch order is by date of original order or date of payment/prepayment. Mine was despatched on 21 July, if that helps

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhilJ W said:

My order was dispatched on the 21st. No sign of the postman yet this morning and he's usually been and gone by now.

I phoned Kernow this morning as the e-mail I received on  the 21st July didn't state what had been dispatched, and my on-line account had no update for anything being despatched. It was only then I found out it was the 3 road vans I'd ordered. A very helpful guy at Kernow has just phoned me back to say the order didn't get collected by RM until yesterday, 23rd, so should get to us early next week.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Your despatch email should contain something like this:

Your order has been shipped via Royal Mail, Standard Delivery service.

Consignment ref Batch xxxxxxxx 13:54.

For delivery to:

your address

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think it is worth remembering that the roadvan is not the only part of Kernows business and they have the rest of it to run. 

This was the update offered on Friday in the newsletter....

"Mail Room Update: At the time of sending this newletter the mail room team have 260 LSWR Road Vans left to dispatch, and about 200 left to pack! The team have been working so hard to get your pre-orders out to you (in strict date order) - they are on target to get them all sent out by the end of July! If you have yet to receive yours, please wait to contact us until the end of July as it may be out with the postie as we speak! Thank you for your patience - there were rather a lot of pre-orders! "

So, just stand by to stand by. They will get to us. Best leave them to it. 

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I think it is worth remembering that the roadvan is not the only part of Kernows business and they have the rest of it to run. 

This was the update offered on Friday in the newsletter....

"Mail Room Update: At the time of sending this newletter the mail room team have 260 LSWR Road Vans left to dispatch, and about 200 left to pack! The team have been working so hard to get your pre-orders out to you (in strict date order) - they are on target to get them all sent out by the end of July! If you have yet to receive yours, please wait to contact us until the end of July as it may be out with the postie as we speak! Thank you for your patience - there were rather a lot of pre-orders! "

So, just stand by to stand by. They will get to us. Best leave them to it. 

Rob. 

Yes I'm sure they will, however their system seems to be creaking, not with pressure of items, but a system that doesn't provide information. I only phoned them as:

1) I received an e-mail telling me that there was something being despatched to me. It gave  no detail of the item(s) or value, and with a reference that didn't match any order, as I have several items on pre order with them, it would help to know, for budget purposes, what is coming.

Anyway, I thought, no problem, I'll check my on-line account:

2)  however the on line account didn't show anything that I had on pre order as having been despatched. So was concerned about the accuracy of the e-mail advice.

I've had the last three pre order items sent from Kernow, not show up in my on line account as despatched. I mentioned this to the person I spoke to a couple of days ago, and he said it was an issue with their fulfillment system. When I phoned, it took the person at the other end some time to establish what had been sent, and he had to check a few systems. As far as the e-mail having no detail of the items or their value, he advised this was probably because I had pre paid. It was only then I found out it was the road vans.

I wasn't concerned about the delivery, but whether the e-mail was correct and what it related to. I know now that it's unlikely my on line order history will update when future pre orders are despatched. As it was the guy I spoke to, phoned me back, very helpfully and without being asked, to tell me the order had been delayed by RM not picking up.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It happens every time, and Kernow also act as fulfilment agents for others. The moment someone gleefully posts that their product has arrived, cue the 'WTF has happened to mine?' syndrome among scores of others, clogging the phone lines. 

As far as I am aware, no-one died in a ditch because their new brakevan took a couple of extra days to arrive. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

While I’m patiently waiting for mine I do have to say their account page can be misleading. I ordered back in 2015 and rang up in Jan to change one livery. 
I was told my order was cancelled when I cancelled the gate stock. I pointed out they were still on the list and the gate stock weren’t as below. 

I had to re-order at the higher then current pre order price, I wasn’t getting anywhere with my argument that they’d made the mistake and I’d not noticed it because it was sat there on my account and still is! so I had to suck it up and pay £5 more each. 

B2DE183D-664A-4D0A-92A2-794E7ADC7EA2.jpeg.31633f730f8f4bcf7979987b1a9702e5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

56 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

While I’m patiently waiting for mine I do have to say their account page can be misleading. I ordered back in 2015 and rang up in Jan to change one livery. 
I was told my order was cancelled when I cancelled the gate stock. I pointed out they were still on the list and the gate stock weren’t as below. 

I had to re-order at the higher then current pre order price, I wasn’t getting anywhere with my argument that they’d made the mistake and I’d not noticed it because it was sat there on my account and still is! so I had to suck it up and pay £5 more each. 

B2DE183D-664A-4D0A-92A2-794E7ADC7EA2.jpeg.31633f730f8f4bcf7979987b1a9702e5.jpeg

I don't think you lost out. My order remained extant from Oct 2014, however I found on the project update site a few years ago, that the price had increased, however there was a discount if you prepaid before the stock shipped. It also said that all pre order customers would be e-mailed. I didn't get a notification but I prepaid about 18 months ago, and paid £5 more than the original price, but £5 less than the new price. I hope these values are correct.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, rembrow said:

I don't think you lost out. My order remained extant from Oct 2014, however I found on the project update site a few years ago, that the price had increased, however there was a discount if you prepaid before the stock shipped. It also said that all pre order customers would be e-mailed. I didn't get a notification but I prepaid about 18 months ago, and paid £5 more than the original price, but £5 less than the new price. I hope these values are correct.

Might explain why then as the order wasn’t on the system I didn’t get notified of the change. To be be honest it was still a decent price and they were apologetic but didn’t mention that it had increased for all. I certainly wasn’t getting such a nice model elsewhere and as it’s a rather useful prototype for my SR collection ;) 

Like I said I accepted it but there is a bug in their system that meant the gate stock was cleared off the list when it was cancelled but the vans were left on but not on their actual order system. 

• Like 2

Come on guys, cut Kernow a bit of slack! They have produced another great product and are not doing badly in dealing with a very sizeable stack of preorders. Yes I am sure some things might be improved in their systems but the helpful and friendly nature of their team is top notch. After 7 years wait, a day or two is neither here nor there. 

• Agree 5
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, barrymx5 said:

but the helpful and friendly nature of their team is top notch

Yes which is why they still kept my order unlike the poor service from another bigger retailer which lead to me cancelling all my orders there. ;) 
I guess the price increase was mentioned on here but I didn’t see it so was only going by that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mine was apparently dispatched Friday about the same time as another order coming from Cincinnati in the USA. Guess which one arrived this afternoon via DHL… Royal Mail is really struggling in many areas so delivery times are certainly extended so my Road Van will arrive when it arrives.

• Like 2