The missing Link or Just Mucking About

Mike

Work continues on the Water tank and the platform shelter, still lots to do. Shelter just plonked on platform, interior will only be seen by operators its back is towards viewing side.wink.gif

post-185-0-23888000-1430661483.jpg

post-185-0-92588900-1430661597.jpg

post-185-0-07944900-1430661506_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-28737000-1430661528.jpg

Buildings in place, now its on with the scenics, ground cover and static grass, weeds and shrubs. Please excuse the scene blockers just an attempt to hide the workshop mess in the background. :whistle:

post-185-0-94917300-1430903279.jpg

post-185-0-19059600-1430903293.jpg

post-185-0-50954500-1430903308.jpg

As the new linking board will be at Warley Club 0 gauge open day this Sunday as work in progress along with Primrose Hill, I thought I had better do a bit more work on the ground cover. The ghostly figures are not fixed nor are they in other than primer, they will get a thin black wash applied before painting really starts.

post-185-0-97022300-1431446784.jpg

post-185-0-00736500-1431446800.jpg

post-185-0-09023000-1431446815.jpg

A great day at Warley marred only by my accident. I cracked my head hard on the roller shutter door suffering a lump the size of a boiled egg on my head then falling onto a metal post which has left me with severe bruising to the left side of my body.Never rely on someone shorter than yourself to open a doorway sufficient for you to pass through it.  Model Railways are such fun.

Ouch!!! :scratchhead:   take care sir.

Thanks for reminding me of head bumps as I have a wall shelf behind my layout which the corner end keeps clonking me on the side of my head.  I keep forgetting to take out one of the spare rubber furniture corner protectors for when the grandchildren were younger, but just going downstairs now to get one and fit it, thank you.  :sungum:

Decisions, decisions, once I have exhibitied the joined up micros at Warley in November I'm thinking of selling them and moving on to another project, but............?.

Decisions, decisions, once I have exhibitied the joined up micros at Warley in November I'm thinking of selling them and moving on to another project, but............?.

Sorry Mike, had to mark that as 'funny', as I'm sure you were planning to stop doing Exhibitions soon, too!! But build something new... you know you'll want to show it off !!! :sungum: ;)

Whatever you do, mind yer head.... :scratchhead:

• 2 weeks later...

OK. decision made, Reely Grate, Primrose Hill and the Muck Works are going to be sold either as a complete unit or as individual units. They will be offered for sale after the Warley Show in November. I will not be attending any exhibitions as an exhibitor other than Warley 2016 so I have plenty of time for the new build (Wellington Street), baseboards are already to hand. I will start a new thread as soon as I have my new workshop/playroom up and ready during July. :)

Friday 5th

Oh the magic post box has failed again. Things that should have been delivered today have failed to arrive. Perhaps they may arrive tomorrow, who knows? After all it only means something to those that await a delivery as it can't mean a lot to those who aren't bothered to send things on time. YET AGAIN !!!!

If a parcel was left in my Green Bin on a Friday it'd be a lost cause.... Friday is bin collection day round my way!! :O

Thank goodness our collection day is Wednesday :D

As our green wheelie bin is for garden waste and had been emptied two days before it was not the best place to leave a parcel. Fortunately no harm was done to the contents even though I did not retreive it until Saturday morning. :fool:

How is it that junk seems to multiply no matter how much you remove, perhaps its a bit like wire coat hangers or traffic cones find one and the following day there are hundreds. I am striving to empty my old shed/work/play room so that I can have my new larger shed built, but no matter how much junk I take to the tip there seems to be just as much if not more still to get rid of. :ireful:

Archived