Seaton Junction Yard Lamps. 4mm ready to fit.

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon. I am commissioning RMLectronices to produce another 4mm SR Yard Lamp. Their existing concrete lamp (very nice indeed) is not quite the same design as the examples in Seaton Junction Yard. These have a metal 'L' shaped tubular lamp bracket attached about two feet from the top and a horizontal telegraph 'hanger' bracket (?) at the top (see pic attached - lamp to right of loco.).

I'm needing 5 6 to start with and they will not be expensive. Robert at RML would be delighted if other orders appeared.

post-2326-0-18125000-1411488177.jpg

Phil

• RMweb Premium

I didn't know you get lamps commissioned. Excellent idea Phil and we look forward to seeing the results.

Robert at RMLectronics is a super bloke. I've had his goodies before and then met him at Shipley on Saturday. It's not really a full commission as he has the parts and just has to do an 'amalgum' to build mine. They really are nicely made products and so easy to install.

Paul I'm sure he would consider doing something in 7mm; if you don't ask and all that!!

What with some lovely and very suitable telegraph poles being available fromhttp://www.expressmodels.co.uk/acatalog/4mm_Scale_Hand_Made_Telegraph_Poles.html............I'm really pleased.

P

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

My 'sample' arrived today. It is truly superb and I am delighted. As the item is so good I shall post a couple of photographs. 

Once I have received the full order I shall post some more, as the lamps are slightly different configurations at the top end!

These are 4mm and represent about a 30' post.

http://www.rmlectronics.co.uk

These lamps are not yet on the web site but could be later I suppose?

Robert will be at the Hull Show; well worth looking at the wares.

Very satisfied customer.

Phil R

• 1 year later...

Have recently had an enquiry in relation to these Lamps Phil, and have made some up bespoke for another customer.

As we move away from "production runs" and concentrate more on commission work, it has come at a good time.

I intend to semi-retire next year so the website will be removed in 12 months time.

We always finish our Exhibition year with the Hull Show but I hope to continue to be invited to our local shows; Bridlington, Pickering & Hull

Enquiries are always welcome, by email and if there's something specific, such as your lamps, then I'm only too please to help where possible.

Other featured work this year has included Midland (differing areas), North Eastern, Strathclyde (Aviemore) and IOW prototypes which have been very well received.

Best wishes to all.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

That enquiry was probably mine. I contacted Robert and the "sample" has arrived. It really is a beautiful piece of work - five more on the way. I had been looking at yard lamps for a little while and Mallard60022's posting with picture confirmed that this was just what I was looking for. Many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Great news about the further batch of lamps* Robert but sad, however understandable, that you have decided to hang up the web site. 

I am trying to stay fit for the Hull Show this year; I might get to catch up.

I'm so pleased that Bulleidboy has found *these to be 'just right'. Yes they are lovely models and something I just could not have made myself.

With luck mine might just be getting 'sited' within a year as the Station Yards will be laid within the next six months or so.

Nice comments as well....thank you both.,

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

The five remaining yard lamps arrived - they really are a work of art. They will not be positioned for a while, as I'm concentrating on other things at the moment. I now have three of my Ratio Concrete Platform lamps in place and working - I hope to have the fourth completed tomorrow. They look good, running on a 9v supply with a 1K resistor on each post. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow. Not bad for £1.50each.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Emergency alert. Please remember that this year is the retirement year of Robert Denton of RMLectronics, the manufacturer of the wonderful layout lamps. I was reminded of this today when he sent me some lovely little 'extra' parts (telegraph pots and beams) for my SOSJ yard lamps.

There is no longer a website, however there are references on RMW.

Just for info. Order now or be too late. The lamp-posts are the doggy's doodahs. 

Phil

Archived