Frampton - 1980's P4 18:83 Challenge Layout

Bristol_Rich

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to explain how you created your track, I shall have to give it a try.

Meanwhile I have found this

a photo of my fave Frampton loco, sadly missed.

Fortunately that is one of the few Heljan 47's that has escaped the dreaded rot...or it least it had when I checked about 6months ago... Red Star is still with us I think?!  :)

If it has a growth issue I have managed to source an appropriate spare body and have plans to reconstruct a replacement chassis using what bits I can salvage...but hope never to need it.

Edited by rich_eason

• 3 years later...

It was a nice surprise to see this today at Lydney, I had no idea it was attending as it wasn't listed. Has there haven't been any updates for a while I was wondering if the layout had been sold/retired.

I'll share a couple of photo's tomorrow if you don't mind?

Cheers

Wayne

Edited by Wayne 37901

Wayne

Thanks for the kind comment.

Its unfortunate that the enemy of modelling is time, and it does seem to be an ever decreasing commodity at the moment what with work and hence the minimal updates on the thread here.  

That said however it was a good exhibition at Lydney as always with a great mix of modelling...and surprising that the first time the layout was exhibited was back in 2004 at Lydney...where does time go!  

Thankfully the layout ran faultlessly with no dramas, although my 08 has picked up a bit of a squeak...in one direction only :scratchhead:.  

Look forward to seeing the pics!...meanwhile one very quick one off the camera...

post-6957-0-75592800-1538326394_thumb.jpg

Edited by rich_eason
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...

Much impressed by the images. I spent a minute or two.... Mk1, or MK2 Ford Capri? Having done that, I realised it's an old black & white image.Very convincing...Ian.

Much impressed by the images. I spent a minute or two.... Mk1, or MK2 Ford Capri? Having done that, I realised it's an old black & white image.Very convincing...Ian.

I believe it’s a Mk1 Capri and if I understand your post correctly, the image hasn’t been edited in anyway apart from B&W conversion, levels and contrast...the Capri is from the Cararama range...:)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Nice to see Frampton today at Lydney.

I popped along for a bit of lineside action with some sarnies and flask of tea hoping a mainline loco might appear, instead only the local pilot 08623 was working the trip today.

A couple of snaps were taken for the album before heading home.

Cheers.

IMG_20190928_123306.jpg

IMG_20190928_122406.jpg

IMG_20190928_123251.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing the pics....I’ll update the thread with some more that I managed to grab during a quiet spell this afternoon...and will grab some more tomorrow.

At the moment no confirmed plans for exhibiting yet. I’ve just been invited to attend the Monmouth exhibition early in 2020 and more than likely be taking it along.

Edited by Bristol_Rich
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks for the photo, I haven't seen any updates for a while, very inspirational layout, wonder if there are any more shows planned for it? I like the fiddle yard entrance and the lack of a bridge, something I struggle with when layout planning! 

• 6 months later...