Mansfield 2015

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

dates have been set for the 7th and 8th of March 2015, we have had to move from our traditional first weekend in March to avoid a clash with the Lincoln show which has moved from their usual June dates

post-6717-0-68985500-1411653862_thumb.jpg

I am currently in the throes of booking layouts and have a few slots free if any RMwebbers would like to display their wares. As this is a charity event we cannot run to overnight accommodation but reasonable travel expenses will be paid and of course the Scouts will keep you fed and watered all weekend :)

dates have been set for the 7th and 8th of March 2015, we have had to move from our traditional first weekend in March to avoid a clash with the Lincoln show which has moved from their usual June dates

attachicon.gifflyer2015.JPG

I am currently in the throes of booking layouts and have a few slots free if any RMwebbers would like to display their wares. As this is a charity event we cannot run to overnight accommodation but reasonable travel expenses will be paid and of course the Scouts will keep you fed and watered all weekend :)

Please forgive my novice mind, but to just what livery does this beautiful saddle tank belong?

thanks

Christopher

• RMweb Gold

A quick update for now, I'll confirm layout details as soon as I have all the information in, but safe to say I am almost full sssssssso if any RMweb be wishes to put themselves forward now is the time!

The current plan is for Fourgig East not to appear, so a nice O gauge layout would be appreciated ;)

A quick update for now, I'll confirm layout details as soon as I have all the information in, but safe to say I am almost full sssssssso if any RMweb be wishes to put themselves forward now is the time!

The current plan is for Fourgig East not to appear, so a nice O gauge layout would be appreciated ;)

Why No Four Gig Ian??

Really looking forward to bringing Barton and the Little layouts crew

We would like to make a donation on the day to the Charity as well to show our support as you have supported us since the beginning of the Mansfield show and to be honest its were it all started for Little layouts as you gave me my first exhibition outing and im still a local lad at heart :)

• RMweb Gold

The current plan is for another member of the Group Keith Morris to exhibit his blue era layout that he has been putting together for a few years. I am currently trying to see if we can somehow cover his traditional role in some other way so that I will be free to bring 4gig.

If someone else should offer an O gauge layout then that will sort it :lol:

• 3 months later...

HI

Electrics nearly complete, then some scenery to finish, time is getting short but I will be there with the layout, it will seem strange not sitting on the door all weekend.... :)

oh yeh and members of 2nd Mansfield scouts will be doing refreshments all weekend....

Quick question guys..... is there an ideal height for an exhibition layout???   I know from previous Mansfield shows that most layouts are different....

I can only give my preferance, but i usually build all my layouts onto 3ft high trestles, i find this gives a good viewing height for all ages and ease of access for the operator to reach over etc.

• RMweb Gold

Quick question guys..... is there an ideal height for an exhibition layout???   I know from previous Mansfield shows that most layouts are different....

Bit of a thorny topic Keith, and before the Mods jump in the only real answer is whatever is most comfortable for you as an operator.....

To all other forum members - please lets not open up this debate again on our little show topic :)

• RMweb Gold

Here's the list of layouts attending:

Thomas and Friends - N Gauge - traction of this parish

St Peter's Way - OO gauge - nesst2 of this parish (actually Keith Morris my partner in crime for the whole event ;) )

Duncan's Mine II - HO - steve1 

David's Dublo - OO - The Rev Fudger

Eddington Yard - OO - mason

Triang TT - TT - Malcolm Hughes

Meadow Lane TMD - OO - Lochnagar  Cane River – N gauge - Daniel Beresford

Lagganmoor - N gauge - David Harrison

Armathwaite - N Gauge - Howard Staniforth

Myton - OO - Garth Clarkson

Pont Gelert - OO9 - Darren Hedges

Fourgig East - O gauge - my humble offering

Hopefully Something for all :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Now that Doncaster is over and done with thoughts turn again to our show. Here's the final list of layouts:

• Thomas & Friends – N Gauge
  • St Peter’s Way – OO Gauge
  • Fourgig East – O Gauge
  • Duncan’s Mine – HO Gauge
  • David’s Dublo – OO Gauge
  • Eddington Road – OO Gauge
  • Malcolm Hughes – TT Gauge
  • Lagganmoor – N Gauge
  • Armathwaite – N Gauge
  • Myton – OO Gauge
  • Pont Gelert – OO9 Gauge
  • Cane River – N gauge

Traders are unchanged for 2015 from previous years and are as follows:

Edit: Roger of Brickyard Models has had to withdraw, but welcome on board Sam Moss of this parish with SJM Models :) together with Sweets of Yesteryear to add another dimension to the show

• Keith’s Models
  • Wyvern Models
  • Sherwood Models
  • Benhams
  • Brickyard Models
  • Martin Wright
  • SJM Models
  • Sweets of Yesteryear

We also have three demonstrators

• Cav Millward (RBE) - All aspects of N gauge scenic modelling - including track building
  • David Wright - Realistic buildings and landscaping
  • Paul Chetter - Zimo DCC sound roadshow

Both David and Paul will be with us for both days this year which should allow folks the flexibility to attend on either day :)

Hope to see loads of RMwebbers again, I'll either be behind Fourgig, St Peter's way or roaming round with a walkie talkie looking lost :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

10 Days to go and we have another trader - for the first time we will be having Sweets of Yesteryear in the main "lounge" next to the kitchen, cake and sweets in the same location? - will no-one think of the children!

I might have to find another operator for Eddington Yard then, if nothing is moving you know were i can be found :)

Archived