Mansfield 2015

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

CAKE!!!!!!!!

Sweets as well, oh dear, I may need to be carried out.

Thomas is all ready to go, I need to find another James as the two I have both motors have burnt out!

Tomix need to pull their finger out and get some more built.

Still have plenty to run though.

See you all in the morning

Cheers

Ian

Sooooooooooooooo tired!

Great show everyone, some great layouts in attendance.

Now if only Mason would turn down the volume on that bleedin' Class 20!

I've just about regained my hearing after guest operating Eddington Yard today. :P

Thank you for having us again this year, totally enjoyed it.

Thank you to Ian and his team of scouts and helpers for all there hard work in running the show.

Now i have to think what to build for next year hahaha

• RMweb Gold

Sorry, not had much chance to touch the ground after the weekend!

We had a great show and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. It was more tiring than previous years, not sure what it was but I was shattered come Sunday evening.

Best in Show was a tie for the first time ever - there were cries of "FIX" as Keith's St peter's Way shared the glory with David Harrison's Lagganmoor. The fact that the scouts did the counting did not affect the result, so Keith says ;) :lol:

So that's twice David H has won, the first time with his OO layout St Giles back in 2011.

I think 2015 is the last time the good folk of Mansfield will see Fourgig East for a while, now it is pretty much complete. Looking back at the photos it first made it's appearance in 2011 as a small track building and wiring demo

post-6717-0-37957400-1425987344_thumb.jpg

It has appeared every year since then, carrying on as a demo until last year when it made it's first appearance as a layout in it's own right'

2012 saw a track building demo - oh the double slip!

post-6717-0-83237200-1425987494_thumb.jpg

2013 saw the addition of the fiddle yard and a ballasting demo

2014 - first year as a "work in progress" layout - spent most of the weekend sorting out track niggles 

post-6717-0-56915000-1425988210_thumb.jpg

So now it is a fully fledged layout in it's own right with a BRM debut later in the year with an appearance booked at the BRM show at Peterborough :)

post-6717-0-66342100-1425988413_thumb.jpg

How they grow!

Not had a chance to post my usual show blog...yet! But thoroughly enjoyed my brief visit to Mansfield on Sunday. Always a lovely show, and always very friendly. Wish I had taken more cash as that J15 on the stall upstairs (opposite Fourgig) was definitely tempting!!!!

Congrats all.

Now - on the subject of Fourgig East...Weston show in November????

Archived