York Show 2015

john new

• RMweb Gold

The first announcements for the 2015 York Model Railway Show:-

1) Website redesign

The first of the new look pages has gone live today; rest of site will follow as time permits.  The only pages unlikely to be re-edited and converted are the archived layout lists from previous years.  Page names and links will be unchanged.  if you do find a bug I've missed please let me know.

2) Advance Ticket Office

The necessary forms etc., for ordering advance tickets will be available on the website from 1st October through to one week before the Show. (26 March 2015)

3) Show dates

4th, 5th and 6th April 2015.

• 2 months later...

The advance ticket sales office is up and running.  A chance to get tickets at a discount and to get in 15 minutes before normal opening time.  Also if arriving after the 10am opening you can get in without joining the queue, especially useful on the Saturday morning!

• 3 weeks later...

The advance ticket office will remain open over the Christmas period.  Although the despatch of tickets may depend not only on when the Royal Mail decide to deliver and collect mail from North Lincolnshire but also the amount of Spirits/alcohol received from Santa!

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Plenty of sprits from Santa but the advance ticket office is working OK. Details of the layouts etc. are now on the website.  Have tried to put on the link but the forum just freezes!!!!! Don't have this problem on ngrm-online!

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

The usual bus service from the railway station is now confirmed.

The service number is 197 and goes from Bus Stand  RJ  on the opposite side of the road to the Station.

The first bus will leave the railway station at approx. 9.30 each day.

Note - This service is operated by the local bus company and is not free.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A gentle or not so gentle reminder that the advance ticket office closes tomorrow, 26th, so any request for tickets should really be in the post, 1st class, today.

Look forward to receiving your request for tickets, don't forget the signed cheque, for the full amount and a stamped self addressed envelope so that I can send the tickets to you.

Peter

Look forward to seeing you there Johnathan-I'll be the worried looking one in the check shirt! 

Bad news Martin, I was coming on Saturday to see you struggle operate but I cannot get a lift and for the next couple of weeks or so I'm not allowed to drive. However, all is not lost as Tappa and Rippers will be there instead to hinder you to help you.

I do know of another operator who may turn up...................and then again may not....................

Ahha John! What you didn't know is that I am also Chief Steward this year so able to perpetuate the 'Back in an Hour' myth

By order that is!

Ahha back to you Martin, I did know of your elevation to the peerage but can you do two jobs at once? The serious money is on NO!  My advice to you is not to trust your layout to those pair of ner-do-wells. Look what happened the last time you did! Suddenly I feel a cold blast blowing down my neck!

You'll be sorry.

P.S. Have a good weekend!

Archived