York Show 2015

john new

Ahha back to you Martin, I did know of your elevation to the peerage but can you do two jobs at once? The serious money is on NO!  My advice to you is not to trust your layout to those pair of ner-do-wells. Look what happened the last time you did! Suddenly I feel a cold blast blowing down my neck!

You'll be sorry.

P.S. Have a good weekend!

Don't worry John, I am on Kinmundy duty all weekend. If he shows up near the layout he will be prodded back in the direction of the Stewards office.

Mike

Don't worry John, I am on Kinmundy duty all weekend. If he shows up near the layout he will be prodded back in the direction of the Stewards office.

Mike

Thanks for that bit of news Mike. So you drew the short straw did you? Still, it's akin to "Care in the Community". :no:

Just a note to all those intending to visit the Show this year. York Racecourse is undergoing some major refurbishment.  This WILL NOT directly affect the Show as the work is being done in the vicinity of the entrance end of Racecourse Road. Depending how far the contractors have actually got with the work the width of the road may be reduced, although there will be plenty of room for two cars to pass.

Those attending on the Saturday will be aware that a car boot sale also takes place that morning so the traffic might be a bit slow moving.  Give yourself a bit of extra time to get there to be on the safe side.

As usual it will be easier on the Sunday and Monday as no car boot sale!!!!!!

Peter

Martin busy as Chief Steward.....check

Green diesels removed.....check

1977 Blue diesel era implemented.....check

Mike

It would seem you have lead something of a "chequered" life. Keep the "Chief Steward" on a short lead and have a good weekend. :jester:

Have a good time with Kimundy. We wanted to visit the show but hotel prices in York were extortionate.

See you in just over a weeks time.

Probably because there is a big model railway show on this weekend!

You should look at house prices here!

Paul Bartlett

PS say hallo if you see me wondering around aimlessly on Sunday or Monday, one of Martins minions. Anyone want a layout operator?

• RMweb Premium

Kinmundy packed and ready Right where's that list?

Layout.....check

Stock box.....check

Controllers....check

Powerleads....check

Checked shirts....check :sungum:

One hour countdown timer......... check

• RMweb Premium

Doesn't work Mick, Martin works in local space time. Which is affected by the gravitational pull of Parkside, Gibson, members sales, bookstands etc...

Mike

But surely Martin has his own gravitational pull?   :O

Must make sure Martin isn't on the door when I get there.....................

Cheers,

Mick

Venue now marked out ready for the exhibits to arrive tomorrow (Friday).  Martin is there and has his shinny badge so you can't miss him.  Exhibitors, traders and demonstrators would you please note that entrance to the venue has changed.  Please follow the signs as some of the gates may not be open.  There will be people around to help.  The venue will be open from about 10am.  Would visitors please, please note that the Show opens on SATURDAY  again please follow the signs for parking and entrance to the Show.

Thanks

Peter

Just adding to what Peter's already said that we are using gate 9 as the entrance.

Also there are some REALLY nice layouts there....Ackthorpe, Canada Street, Rovelden, Felton Lane, Marske, Eskmuir, Johnstown Road to name just a few

Would also advise getting there early as the crowds will be three deep on some.... :sungum:  

Subcontractors set up Rumbling Bridge yesterday, and I'll be there all day on Saturday to (hopefully) keep you entertained. We welcome any interaction so come and say hello, and watch the trains trundle through this beautiful part of Scotland.

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone

Come and say hello ...we are on stand 96 on the mezzanine floor. We have BR black weathered Atlantics on sale £189... Not that many left after pre orders fulfilled. What a stunner !!

The loco isn't bad either.......oops! Nice to return after an absence of some ten years. Nice show,excellent layouts operated by communicative and friendly people. Good trade coverage and a congenial atmosphere.Better than average facilities and catering.

Even my wife was impressed ! Many thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Hi. I've really enjoyed this years York Show, and spent far too much money! Excellent selection of layouts - Canada Road was one which I particularly liked.

All the best,

Market65.

Archived