Upstairs Downstairs - Sandown

Nicholas

• 4 years later...

Have previously bought kits from this shop off e bay in the past at very good prices so, as we were on holiday this week I called in and I was very surprised at the quantity of good model railway stuff for sale, the owner quickly found me another kit I was after and also a number of other items I found whilst rummaging around, came out £25 poorer but very happy with my purchases, worthwhile a visit if you are on the Isle of Wight.

• 7 months later...

I was looking for a Noch horse drawn hearse (I want to recreate one of the scenes from the Albert Finney movie Scrooge).  Try as I might, I could not find one here in the U.S. at a reasonable price.  I did finally find one on ebay from a seller in the UK.  The price (even with international shipping) was much lower than anything I've found to date - so I ordered.  It arrived today in great shape and I noticed the return address was Upstairs - Downstairs.  Totally happy on this end and I'm sure I will buy from again.  

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wonderful shop and certainly worth popping in if in the area.  Called in whilst on holiday for a browse (nothing on my wanted list) and came out with a lighter wallet! 

Not that they're expensive but so well stocked!  Fancied a few N scale buses (a sideline from my 3mm scale exploits) so asked if they had any N scale vehicles and was shown a big set of drawers stacked with them. Plenty of Evergreen styrene too.  All in all, a cracking shop.

Edited by 4109
Typo

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I loved this flyer that came in my parcel from Upstairs Downstairs today. Great piece of marketing and made me smile. 

ACF160FB-6180-4B49-855C-B34359742B3D.jpeg.7cdcc25964e08be9a09b245cdaadf991.jpeg

I visited the shop a couple of years ago when we were on holiday and they had a really good selection or items. 

I’ve ordered previously from them via their Amazon listings but this was my first order via trainshop.co.uk. 

I ordered late Wednesday and the parcel arrived today. But the best bit was free delivery if you spend over £30. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 19/09/2020 at 12:12, MrTea said:

I loved this flyer that came in my parcel from Upstairs Downstairs today. Great piece of marketing and made me smile. 

ACF160FB-6180-4B49-855C-B34359742B3D.jpeg.7cdcc25964e08be9a09b245cdaadf991.jpeg

I visited the shop a couple of years ago when we were on holiday and they had a really good selection or items. 

I’ve ordered previously from them via their Amazon listings but this was my first order via trainshop.co.uk. 

I ordered late Wednesday and the parcel arrived today. But the best bit was free delivery if you spend over £30. 

Proud owner of one of these flyers, and embarrassed at the first sentence !! I have a substantial kit stash. Anyway,I always try to call in to an LHS on my holidays so paid a couple of visits to Upstairs, Downstairs and had excellent service. One of the items I bought was the TIMODELS paint shaker which I thought was a very handy time saver tool, powered by mains or batteries. The most pleasing fact about this was it is manufactured at Ryde on the island and retailed at Sandown, also on the island. My mate was a teeny bit disappointed there wasn't really any O gauge stuff, but he bought tools and transfers.

Recommended 

Definitely going to pop in on next and subsequent holidays

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Had the opportunity to visit this shop whilst on holiday, a little Jem of a shop and certainly worth a visit if your down that way. Although predominantly selling British outline there was a good amount of European items like noch, priser, ect

• Like 3