Nicholas

Upstairs Downstairs - Sandown

Been here twice on holiday, fantastic range on offer and made to feel very welcome, well worth a visit if you are here on holiday. Hope it is still here as and when we move to the Island.

• Like 1

Have previously bought kits from this shop off e bay in the past at very good prices so, as we were on holiday this week I called in and I was very surprised at the quantity of good model railway stuff for sale, the owner quickly found me another kit I was after and also a number of other items I found whilst rummaging around, came out £25 poorer but very happy with my purchases, worthwhile a visit if you are on the Isle of Wight.

I was looking for a Noch horse drawn hearse (I want to recreate one of the scenes from the Albert Finney movie Scrooge).  Try as I might, I could not find one here in the U.S. at a reasonable price.  I did finally find one on ebay from a seller in the UK.  The price (even with international shipping) was much lower than anything I've found to date - so I ordered.  It arrived today in great shape and I noticed the return address was Upstairs - Downstairs.  Totally happy on this end and I'm sure I will buy from again.  

• Agree 1

Wonderful shop and certainly worth popping in if in the area.  Called in whilst on holiday for a browse (nothing on my wanted list) and came out with a lighter wallet! 

Not that they're expensive but so well stocked!  Fancied a few N scale buses (a sideline from my 3mm scale exploits) so asked if they had any N scale vehicles and was shown a big set of drawers stacked with them. Plenty of Evergreen styrene too.  All in all, a cracking shop.

Edited by 4109
Typo