Richcooke- BR/modern image

Axel.Richardson

Hi Axel, fantastic work there! The scrap yard is very inspiring, love the effects you've achieved in it (makes me want to add one to my modelling list!)

Ref the engine shed with modified roof, I really like that idea but if you haven't already stuck it down/together how about trying the Hornby roof at 1 end rather than in the middle? That way the Hornby roofed part could appear to be 'original shed' and the pitched roof part is 'shed extension'.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Alex, the layout is looking great and I particularly like the scrap yard. It's something I've been thinking about for a while now and your modelling has provided the inspiration I needed! Do you have a track plan for the yard as it comes off the main line? If not, would it be possible to post an 'aerial' photo to show how you've managed to get such a realistic scene into a fairly tight space. Many thanks. Des

Hi Alex, the layout is looking great and I particularly like the scrap yard. It's something I've been thinking about for a while now and your modelling has provided the inspiration I needed! Do you have a track plan for the yard as it comes off the main line? If not, would it be possible to post an 'aerial' photo to show how you've managed to get such a realistic scene into a fairly tight space. Many thanks. Des

Thanks,

Sorry I'm confused, Is it a photo of mine or the real location?

The scrapyard it crossly evens in Shipley and it runs alongside the mainline, best look on google earth or maps and you should make out the track plan.

I've not copied it anyway near the real life track plan, I've just taken the layout and structures and made them fit my track plan.

On the model the mainline is behind the yard and runs round to the left of the yard and then a siding comes back

Into the yard, I'll take some good far way photos to show my track plan and post up, it a bit messy ATM.

Hi Axel, fantastic work there! The scrap yard is very inspiring, love the effects you've achieved in it (makes me want to add one to my modelling list!)

Ref the engine shed with modified roof, I really like that idea but if you haven't already stuck it down/together how about trying the Hornby roof at 1 end rather than in the middle? That way the Hornby roofed part could appear to be 'original shed' and the pitched roof part is 'shed extension'.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you, glad everyone like the yard so far.

As for the engine shed I have since finished it and it is all glued and half way through paint.

Thanks for the idea, never thought of it like that.

I still feel undecided on it, so will be first thing changed when I finish the layout and start fettling

Archived