L&NWR Colours

Can anybody offer suggestions on suitable paints for LNWR coaching stock? Due to the Royal Mail ban on the posting of enamel paints I can no longer buy from the UK and have been unable to locate the colours I need to complete a batch of the Ratio coach kits in pre-grouping paint scheme.

I welcome any ideas about mixing using Humbrol enamels, some of the major Japanese brands, or any suggestions for automotive paint finishes that may be suitable.   

I've just joined RM Web after lurking for some time and I've noticed a lot of helpful suggestions from members on a variety of subjects that cover my various interests. My problem may have already been covered elsewhere but I have not been able to locate the information I need.

Can anybody offer suggestions on suitable paints for LNWR coaching stock? Due to the Royal Mail ban on the posting of enamel paints I can no longer buy from the UK and have been unable to locate the colours I need to complete a batch of the Ratio coach kits in pre-grouping paint scheme.

I welcome any ideas about mixing using Humbrol enamels, some of the major Japanese brands, or any suggestions for automotive paint finishes that may be suitable.   

I've just joined RM Web after lurking for some time and I've noticed a lot of helpful suggestions from members on a variety of subjects that cover my various interests. My problem may have already been covered elsewhere but I have not been able to locate the information I need.

LNWR coach plum lower panels Daewood dark red LNWR coach bluey-white upper panels Daewood Casablanca white

Source:

Auto paint colours and data (courtesy of Dave Tomlinson, RAF Kinloss MRC  and others)

Archived