Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

It would look fine I think with a more Southern canopy, but then again it looks like Toller which I love..........choices, choices lol

Sounds like a plan

..........maybe the Withercombe branch survived by being slewed onto a nearby GWR line.........a bit like the SDJR at Radstock ? ;) :)

Indeed - Im liking it. Rule 1 applies as its your railway!

• Like 1

They are separate scenes, separated by plain line running through technically out of scale scenery.

Does it matter if your through station looks like Toller, especially as you obviously want to model it so much?

Life's too short to pass up such a chance to do something you want so much.

I think you summed up my thoughts on the matter pretty well too there Simon. I did buy the building originally with Toller in mind, but will I ever have the time/space for the intended indoor Toller based layout.....probably not & life is too short  :scratchhead:

post-6992-0-18049200-1438893081.jpg

Photo by Gerry Andrews

• Like 8

Just a couple of pics of the now completed platform......

attachicon.gif20150806_163411.jpg

attachicon.gif20150806_163428.jpg

The platform surface was done using Bitumen & the rest was mixed up from 'The Works' acrylics.

Hi Phill,

Looking very nice!

If ever you have problems with paint sticking to such plastics, use Black Magic by Flag Paints (Toolstation do similar - also by Flag but under a different brand name) it rust proofs, sticks to most plastics, even PET water bottles and can be used as a basecoat primer!

ATVB

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

A bit more done today, first of all yet more Kadee's fitted, about 20 coaches I think :O .....first prize for easy fitting goes to my MTH ex-LMS full brake which is also now fitted with fine scale wheels, which means it will be running now! 

post-6992-0-98306500-1438977282.jpg

I think I have about 10 bogie parcel vehicles to Kadee now & they are all done :scratchhead:

I have also dug out the station building, so a bit of a play around to see how I like it........

post-6992-0-49466800-1438977512.jpg

post-6992-0-15712000-1438977622.jpg

So as I'm happy with the way things will look, It's in to the paint shop with the building next I think 

• Like 14

The platform looks great, at first hand Phill.

Thanks again for the swap, The brake van looks brilliant. Looking forward to see what you do to the Hymek shell.

Steve.

A bit more done today, first of all yet more Kadee's fitted, about 20 coaches I think :O .....first prize for easy fitting goes to my MTH ex-LMS full brake which is also now fitted with fine scale wheels, which means it will be running now! 

attachicon.gif20150807_161526.jpg

I think I have about 10 bogie parcel vehicles to Kadee now & they are all done :scratchhead:

I have also dug out the station building, so a bit of a play around to see how I like it........

attachicon.gif20150807_165715.jpg

attachicon.gif20150807_165653.jpg

So as I'm happy with the way things will look, It's in to the paint shop with the building next I think 

All looking sweeeet Phill!

It will be outside all the time Martin ;)

Ah then, a word of wisdom to the wise, dont use any of the peeling paint methods (ie peel off masks) for weathering, just weather it - it will also get some over scale 1:1 weathering too, which can be a happy accident or look plain weird :)

Also I must say I love the way that you have an eye for a bargain and then turn it into something great!

Kindest,

CME :mosking:

You could go for a cellulose primer (for good paint adhesion) followed by enamels, and then a light overspray of a cellulose varnish. The latter will react with the enamel and create a wrinkled, peeling, finish.

Tis true Simon and I would recommend Acid # 8 primer whatever method is used, topped off standard primer - the downside with the 'reaction' type wrinkle finish is that when the weather (via mother nature's actions) gets into the paint - just depends on how often one wants to repaint it.

• 4 weeks later...