Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

Phwoah!!  1015 sounds good, was that recorded at Blaunau Ffestiniog or on the SVR Phil??

What's to tidy on Western Prince... looks excellent to me  :good:

Thanks for posting the vid.

Cheers

Lee

it is indeed Blaunau Ffestiniog Lee.......well spotted  :good:

I like the weathering, but the roof panels need fixing down better & the yellow ends require further attention too  :scratchhead:  :)

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Phill,

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Kindest regards,

CME

Merry Christmas Phill,

Hopefully we will get a chance to catch up in 2017.  I had hoped it might have been on 1015's railtour in Feb.... but as 1015 went bang last Saturday, I guess not :(

Cheers

Lee

& a Merry Christmas to you both !  :friends:   :good:

Think D1041 is more or less complete now. I think it's now about as good as I can get with a PRMRP Western kit   ;) ...... I did intend to replace the cab side windows but no replacements are available anywhere unfortunately...

post-6992-0-80093100-1482771209_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Merry Christmas Phil, the Western looks great.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, I hope you & your family & friends are having a lovely Christmas in the sun :)

Although O gauge is gaining in popularity in recent years, we are still very much the poor relation to OO when it comes to detailing parts unfortunately ;) 

Thanks Peter, I hope you & your family & friends are having a lovely Christmas in the sun :)

Although O gauge is gaining in popularity in recent years, we are still very much the poor relation to OO when it comes to detailing parts unfortunately ;)

Hi Phill,

We did thanks, went for a swim down the beach Christmas eve and Christmas day as it was really hot. Raining today though.

I think 7mm will start to take of more now since Dapol released their 08 as its created a lot of interest. Some mates over here are getting into 7mm having bought themselves Dapol 08s. 

Cheers Peter.

Agreed Phill and even parts from the likes of MMP look thin on the ground these days too...

I was talking to Shawplan about this very subject at Warley ........Heljan's limited runs don't help & god knows their stuff needs improving in many cases  :jester:

Hi Phill,

Did Shawplan seem interested in doing anything in 7mm. If not you could ask Pete Harvey he has done some bits for Heljan's class 37.

Cheers Peter.

I was talking to Shawplan about this very subject at Warley ........Heljan's limited runs don't help & god knows their stuff needs improving in many cases :jester:

Hi Phill,

I have some Shawplan parts (scav fan etc) for the HJ 37, theyre very good, yet Shawplan have been mulling over parts for the HJ Cl47 (since its introduction)-when Id mentioned that MMP were already doing those. Shawplan also couldnt make up their minds whether or not to supply new windows (or other parts) for the HJ 37s (original twin HC version). TBF Shawplan didnt know whether or not to do a full hatchet job - ala OO Bachmann parts - or mild mods to CL37, I made my comments re such (which I thought were practical and cost effective). That was years back, Im guessing Shawplan were/are focused on 4mm/OO. But still leaves us as poor relations. Its the same with etched name-plates for namers in 7mm, never supplied with RTR and as good as they are from cottage industry, in 4mm they come prepainted etc etc, in 7mm? DIY job and one pays more for the privilage.

BTW seems like PHDesigns have done some easy fit etches for the HJ37 windows now, which may not correct the main anomalies but will improve the FS look of the windows.

MMP were to upgrade their 7mm products, and the did a good mainline diesel super-detail set, but MMP seem quite inactive at the mo. I understand David Parkin does better business selling his military model ranges abroad so. As you know parts within the MMP were to super-detail PRMRP (ex RJH) locos...

Hi

Phill,

Did Shawplan seem interested in doing anything in 7mm. If not you could ask Pete Harvey he has done some bits for Heljan's class 37.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Yes PHDesigns as done some comprehensive sets for the HJ37 and I understand that he takes commisions too.

ATVB

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

Hi Phill,

Cheers Peter.

Yes they are interested but with Heljan's limited runs I think they feel understandably reluctant to commit time & effort for such a short term return. Pete Harvey is another option, but he doesn't do Hydraulic bits either. But with other manufacturers making RTR available this will probably improve.....maybe Hornby might wake up to the demand for 7mm rtr at some point ? 

Nice work Phill.

I like TT and HO too, Ive seen some nice British outline layouts built to such standards.

I like what you have done to the Dog Kennel et al - worth it if the Dapol versions can be had cheaply enough - are you planning to add the reinforcement plates to the buffer beams and sole-bars (that were fitted to latter BR era versions)?

ATVB

CME

• Like 1

- are you planning to add the reinforcement plates to the buffer beams and sole-bars (that were fitted to latter BR era versions)?

ATVB

CME

Can you show me some pics of this? :) ......mine looks like same buffer beam as this?

https://locoyard.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/002-2013-swanage-railway-norden-360329-25t-brake-van.jpg

Can you show me some pics of this? :) ......mine looks like same buffer beam as this?

https://locoyard.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/002-2013-swanage-railway-norden-360329-25t-brake-van.jpg

Hi Phill,

Try this (hopefully ok-Im using a phone to view, makes things a bit tricky LOL!), if not PB has lots of photos of SR vans in all states of repair-albeit latter day versions (circa 1980s);-

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/srbrakevan/h1c3d2068

I can, when next on a PC, show you what I did on my PSD Dog Kennel-perhaps ping me a PM to remind me.

The photo you have Posted could have been of - a restored thus- back dated, van-several have been in preservation/restored condition, ala the Bluebell Rly et al., in having been rebuilt back to SR spec as opposed to BR spec.

In BR era, esp. BG era, the reinforcement plates were added to the headstocks and solebars-which required reinforcement.

As this area of the SR 25T vans is quite 'delicate' a couple of bits of plastikard-with bolt/rivet detail-added and painted to suit adds a bit more weight and presence to the model-to my mind/eyes anyway. True the buffer housings may have to come off, temporarily, but its an easish job otherwise.

Hope that helps.

ATVB

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher