Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

Not decided on the missing vallances yet Craig, but it will definitely be BFYE :)

I have the books from the 22 project society, great books with plenty of pics & information on withdrawals etc

Best regards

Craig

The problem with missing vallances would be finding clear enough pics or diagrams of what is vissible when they are missing ?

There are also some great pic`s on the Flickr class 22 group also.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2174423@N23/pool/page1

Some of which are duplicated in the two book`s that Craig has mentioned.

But even saying that it`s still nice to have the books to flick through,plus it support`s the 22 build.......

(no conection,other than a perverse liking of ugly...?, loco`s! :D )

Brian.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In the 2nd book of photos by the Project Class 22 Society, there's a photo on page 8 of D6343 at Barnstaple c.1970, with rather more than just one valance missing!!! :D

Any help?

attachicon.gifD6343 at Exeter St Davids.jpg

No date, sorry.

Dave

In Vol 1 from the above, there's a photo of D6343 in June 68, with all valances intact, & looking quite clean & ex-works. So the above photo could be circa 1969 at a guess.

• Like 1

In the 2nd book of photos by the Project Class 22 Society, there's a photo on page 8 of D6343 at Barnstaple c.1970, with rather more than just one valance missing!!! :D

Yes I have now got both Project 22 books :) , but I think she did run for a while with just the one panel missing  :scratchhead:

Any help?

attachicon.gifD6343 at Exeter St Davids.jpg

No date, sorry.

Dave

Yes most helpful Dave & thank you :)

Of course it might also depend on which side of the loco you look at. I wonder if one side was more prone to 'missing panels' than the other, depending on what was underneath that needed access? :dontknow: :scratchhead:

PS that last photo from Dave above is the June '68 one in Vol 1. ;)

Hi Phil

If you have it take a look at British Rail Fleet Survey  No 2 Western Region Diesel Hydraulics page 50 picture of 6338 with missing middle valance  should do the job . If you haven't got a copy PM me.

Hi Phil

I'm no expert but looking at a picture of 6352 on the scrap line at Swindon page 93 of Looking back at Western Region Hydraulics which shows the other side would indicate  that its a straight reverse of the other side .

You always drop  Steve Harrod  a line I am sure he would be able to clarify .

All the best

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Phil

I'm no expert but looking at a picture of 6352 on the scrap line at Swindon page 93 of Looking back at Western Region Hydraulics which shows the other side would indicate  that its a straight reverse of the other side .

You always drop  Steve Harrod  a line I am sure he would be able to clarify .

All the best

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I noticed the box shape appears to be  more rectangular than square on my side? ..........could you PM me Steve's contact details? :)

Thanks Dave, I remember that one, but not sure how often he visits WT? ........I will give it a go though  :)

It doesn't matter because the WT server will relay your PM to his email address. He can only reply to you via WT - no hardship!

Dave

Hi Phil

Having had another look at the photos (also see Rail on line Class 22 pictures 6352) definitely appears to be a rectangle box rather than square as on the other side  .

As an outside Fred Phipps 1/32 models my also know fphippz@yahoo.com

All the best

Andrew

Hi Phil

I attach some photos of my build which I really need to finish .I obtained some parts from JLTRT when they strted to produce their model .Notably new buffers ,fuel tank and bogie side frames and pipe work .

post-2565-0-41672300-1533134899.jpg

post-2565-0-40359600-1533134908.jpg

post-2565-0-53067900-1533134920.jpg

post-2565-0-74626700-1533134930.jpg

post-2565-0-85010000-1533134941.jpg

In addition I had some new indicator panels etched which I had to do quite a bit of fettling as there was a mix up with the size .

post-2565-0-68955600-1533135767.jpg

post-2565-0-27776100-1533135757.jpg

post-2565-0-27452300-1533135776.jpg

Regards

Andrew