Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

Boiler isolated Hymek D7016 in the last few months of her life works a short Permanent Way train down the Withercombe branch in the October sunshine.....

attachicon.gif1-20171009_115356-001.jpg

attachicon.gif1-20171009_120039-001.jpg

Hi Phill,

Elements of PtWay trains, headed up by Hymeks on the S&D.....lovely atmos, cracking modelling!

ATVB,

M.

• Like 1

A practical question Phill, is the hedging miniature privet?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kindest,

M.

It's http://www.greatplantpicks.org/plantlists/view/928   &    https://www.hedgesdirect.co.uk/acatalog/box_buxus_hedge.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwgvfOBRD7_IDSuP3znTwSJAB4_t6Gte_kEzB1cMxBRa-xYV3113cZ1_5EkMXsP_B1LoGg5RoC_fTw_wcB   :)

post-6992-0-96675300-1507754005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)
  • Like 9

Hi Phill,

Thanks-the same as my hedging....although it looked larger leafed in the photo-hence my question.

My Box hedging is a little problematic, I may start replacing it with miniature privet, I tried Japanese holly but that didnt do well in clay soil. Baggins' gold grows anywhere so it seems! Mine is going mad at times, even in my neighbours 'nature garden', no clue how it got there!

Thanks again.

Kindest,

CME

• 2 weeks later...

I admire your hedging around your line Phil.

I guess a hedge trimmer and blower are essential scenery tools for your layout.

I have put off doing similar as I am bit worried about creating a snake haven, haven't come up with a better solution yet that doesn't involve laying lots of bricks

:>)

cheers

Bob

I admire your hedging around your line Phil.

I guess a hedge trimmer and blower are essential scenery tools for your layout.

I have put off doing similar as I am bit worried about creating a snake haven, haven't come up with a better solution yet that doesn't involve laying lots of bricks

:>)

cheers

Bob

Snake haven?! WTH?!

I hate snakes, even those that shed no skin (LMAO!), and even though I have handled them in the past an unpleasant experience with a small viper put me off of 'em when younger!

ATVB

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to see these four get transferred away from the Western Region where they have done sterling service & been regulars on the Withercombe branch. They are now on their way to the Scottish Region & I hope their new owner enjoys them as much as i have 1f642.png  post-6992-0-64826500-1510938368_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)
  • Like 2