2014 RHTT season

Well, it is getting to that time of year again, when the RHTT is to start running, so I though I would start a thread where people can put information and photos of this seasons trains. Having just looked on the realtime trains, I see the Yorkshire trains are the same as last year, and probably the same class 20s as well.

The only question I have is when are they scheduled to actually start? Having checked Monday's realtime trains, there is one shown that isn't even in a Q path.

Guest B Exam

I would expect most of the RHTTs will start w/c Sun 12/10.

Some have already started; Carlisle and Inverness to name a couple.

Look out for a couple of the Tonbridge based RHTTs. This year, it looks like Class 20s will be providing the horsepower. GBRf don't have enough 66s or 73s available.

• RMweb Gold

Leaf fall officially starting 6th October down here. RHTT trains are limited in the first couple of weeks to mostly day circuits only. The Western long distance one is also shortened due to engineering works.

Shakedown runs last week and around the Woking, Guildford and Feltham areas keep an eye out for the Pink Panther ;)

post-6968-0-17535400-1412424805.jpg

post-6968-0-52927200-1412424823.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I would expect most of the RHTTs will start w/c Sun 12/10.

Some have already started; Carlisle and Inverness to name a couple.

Look out for a couple of the Tonbridge based RHTTs. This year, it looks like Class 20s will be providing the horsepower. GBRf don't have enough 66s or 73s available.

From Realtime Trains it looks as though a start is being made in North and West Yorkshire this evening.

• RMweb Gold

From Realtime Trains it looks as though a start is being made in North and West Yorkshire this evening.

Now that tonights paths have been activated these might help anyone local who wants to see it in action.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O36208/2014/10/05/advanced

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O36164/2014/10/05/advanced

• RMweb Premium

They started early oop North.......

The Carlisle based 3J11 north-west circuit has been 66434/66426 powered since 30 Sep. 66434's nice new coat of DRS blue is looking decidedly grubby.

3J11 may be the longest circuit of them all, as it's out on the road for up to 21 hours and carries 8 water tanks for the duration.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Saw two 20's on an RHTT working at Gascoigne Wood Junction at about 16.30 today. They were stood at a signal on the down line from Leeds to Selby. Could not make out the running numbers from the train I was on though.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Saw two 20's on an RHTT working at Gascoigne Wood Junction at about 16.30 today. They were stood at a signal on the down line from Leeds to Selby. Could not make out the running numbers from the train I was on though.

All the best,

Market65.

20304 and 20305 - hth

A couple of numpty questions if I may. Do RHTT's run over all lines or only busy / commuter / important ones? Secondly how would you indentify what are RHTT's on Realtimetrains? 

I live very close to the (frieght only) Sutton Park line from Water Orton to Walsall and was wondering if RHTT's would work this line and how I could find out when?

Many thanks

• RMweb Gold

A couple of numpty questions if I may. Do RHTT's run over all lines or only busy / commuter / important ones? Secondly how would you indentify what are RHTT's on Realtimetrains? 

I live very close to the (frieght only) Sutton Park line from Water Orton to Walsall and was wondering if RHTT's would work this line and how I could find out when?

Many thanks

Ones affected by leaf fall - basically the risk of sliding is increased so different driving techniques are used, which in general terms means slower running.

Don't think your line is covered by RHTT, the Lickey is and has Colas 37s on the workings.

I don't want to sound an amateur here, but... I am ever so interested to know why some diagrams don't have "sandite modules" and others do?

Ive seen on flickr this year an increasing use of formations like this:

FEA 1: 3x Water Tank. FEA 2: 2x Water Tank and 1x Water Jetting Module (in the middle). I also note this on KFA wagons in Kent.

Why is the Sandite Module missing? Have they pre-mixed the water with Sandite and done away with the dedicated module, or is Sandite only useful in certain areas? I am especially interested to know why the MPVs have been replaced in Tonbridge and Kings Norton with FEA 1: 3x Water Tank. FEA 2: 2x Water Tank and 1x Water Jetting Module, rather than a FEA 1: 1x Sandite Module and 2x Water Tanks. FEA 2: 1x Water Tank. 1x Water Jetting Module and 1x Sandite Module as the MPV offers Sandite?

Archived