Oxfordrail - Adams Radial

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Seen this in the new Hornby Magazine:

Anyone know what this sillyness is about?

I hate teaser adverts that tell you nothing, they are more likely to put me off than invite me in. All the website has is a countdown (about 43 days left) and an invitation to sign up for unspecified spam.

Edit - tried to upload a picture of the advert but it won't let me.

Edited by Mod4
Title amended to reflect current thread content

Speculation. The news that has come out via Australian model railway media that Austrains are to develop an MR 0-6-0/0-6-0T and potentially an Adams radial tank, mentions the existance of but does not identify, the UK partner. So there's a possibility that this could be the UK side of the partnership 'surfacing'.

But like you, I stay well away from anything of this nature, simply from too much scamspam precedent.

• Like 1

Complete Speculation - actually just plain old guessing, on my part ...

Ixion recently said this on these very forums ...

"3. O Scale Locomotive

Ixion is also collaborating with another UK company on the production of a ready-to-run 7mm scale standard gauge steam locomotive suitable for both the UK and Australian markets. More information about this model will be available soon." 

Pure speculation on my part:

Oxford diecast partake in the,  now , typical marketing practice (so beloved by camera manufacturers) of counting down to a product announcement mentally enticing prospective buyers to work themselves up  into such a frenzy, via interweb forums etc., etc.etc., that they will purchase that product no matter what that product is.

Is the Blood & Custard colours of the advert a clue or camouflage???

Oh dear...  I've fallen for it... I'm adding to the "hype"!   :blush: 

Porcy

• Like 1

I had a look at the HTML text of the web page and found the following text: "Oxford Diecast is a leading supplier of diecast vehicles,porcelain,plate,medals and teddy bears for collectors and promotions. We have a worldwide club membership and run promotions throughout Europe and the USA."  There's also a link to Google Analytics, so they are counting 'hits' on the site to gauge potential demand. All normal advertising practice, nowadays.

To defuse the rumours, I don't think this is anything to do with the 'Austrains' Kirtley 0-6-0/0-6-0t. The new business is apparently to be called Britrains....as quoted from Australian Model Railway Magazine by Markeg:

This announcement was published in the latest October Australia Model Railway Magazine here in Australia.  I was shown it when I went to visit a friend who models Victorian Railways and subscribes to the magazine.  I don't know if any one has put it here, which is surprising it has not been listed as the magazine has been out for over a week.

This is what it says;

"Austrains principal John Eassie, has entered into a partnership with un-named British interests to produce OO scale models for the British market.  The new venture, to be known as Britrains, expects to have their first locomotive, a Midland Railways/LMS prototype steam locomotive not previously offered r-t-r, to be released onto the British market sometime in 2015/2016"

That is all its says, so can not give any more details.  So another manufacturer for the British market coming soon. 

If I hear any more I will let you all know, unless someone else knows more than I do.

Mark

Edited by 69843

• RMweb Premium

Complete Speculation - actually just plain old guessing, on my part ...

Ixion recently said this on these very forums ...

"3. O Scale Locomotive

Ixion is also collaborating with another UK company on the production of a ready-to-run 7mm scale standard gauge steam locomotive suitable for both the UK and Australian markets. More information about this model will be available soon." 

Chris has confirmed that Ixion are not involved with either OxfordRail or Austrains - so that narrows it down a bit

See here (post #13)   http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/91104-new-ixion-ho-loco-revealed-nswgr-low-frame-32-class/

The latest image on the page shows projects at various stages on Gantt Charts. Project 1 (with what I assume is a picture of steam behind the Gantt chart) and 2 are at tooling. Project 3 at design. Project 4-6 have been agreed.

Edited by Paul.Uni

The latest image on the page shows projects at various stages on Gantt Charts. Project 1 (with what I assume is a picture of steam behind the Gantt chart) and 2 are at tooling. Project 3 at CAD. Project 4-6 have been agreed.

That page wsnt paosted before and looks to have 6 products or more underway eh?

• RMweb Gold

And an interesting 'giveaway' (or is it just a printing error ?) in Hornby Magazine where the age on which the oxfordrail ad appears is shown in the advertisers index as 'Oxford Diecast' and exactly the same in the BRM advertisers' index.  So there we are - the implication is that both of those adverts were placed by Oxford Diecast or there has been a serious misprint on the part of the advertising dept, or rather two advertising depts making the same mistake.

So what will it be - diecast items railway related from a company based in Swansea?  Could be Midland, or GWR or various smaller companies with an interest in the Swansea area?

Frothing commences perchance