Oxfordrail - Adams Radial

John M Upton

• RMweb Gold

The website now has a 12V on it suggest powered rather than static? and theres the top of a Chimney i the background if anyone is good at identifying locos from minute detail...

http://www.oxfordrail.com/

Steve

Looks like a Urie stovepipe to me?

Mike.

Complete Speculation - actually just plain old guessing, on my part ...

Ixion recently said this on these very forums ...

"3. O Scale Locomotive

Ixion is also collaborating with another UK company on the production of a ready-to-run 7mm scale standard gauge steam locomotive suitable for both the UK and Australian markets. More information about this model will be available soon." 

I'm away from my reference books but off the top of my head standard gauge must mean New South Wales - especially as they have announced the C32 class 4-6-0s (very much the NSWGR's mainstay throughout 20th century steam - along with a Standard Goods tender)  , and the list of NSWGR classes that also ran in Britain is short. The 18 class 0-6-0Ts, the small class of 2-4-0Ts which were based on an IOW design and the 2-6-0s which were also sold to the MSWJR are about it (Z25 class in NSWGR terms I think - but with 3 very similar 2-6-0 classes from different builders I am never sure of the class number without checking) . I think the M&GNJR had some Beyer Peacock 4-4-0s with strong similarities to some of NSW's Beyer Peacock 4-4-0s

On the private side , someone in NSW bought a very familiar looking British 0-6-0T industrial (Manning Wardle? I'd need to check) and there are the big imports on the private coal lines in the Hunter valley - ex Mersey Railways 0-6-4Ts and much more iconic the ROD 2-8-0s bought by J&A Brown , though I would have thought they might be a bit big for Ixion

• RMweb Gold

I don't know enough about LSWR locomotives to know and having looked at the first few pictures I could find on the web I can't tell the difference in the front ends when related to the deliberately vague Oxford Rail picture.  The radial tank does have a good following but your T3 idea might be a locomotive with a wider range.  Since there are preserved examples of each with stovepipe chimneys that doesn't help either.

It will be a bit of fun over the next few days to see what appears from the mist.

Edited by teaky

• RMweb Gold

The website now has a 12V on it suggest powered rather than static? and theres the top of a Chimney i the background if anyone is good at identifying locos from minute detail...

http://www.oxfordrail.com/

Steve

Strangest looking 'King' I've ever seen - or does this mean someone is actually going to announce something different?

• RMweb Premium

Taken from the Oxford Diecast Collectors Facebook page which anyone can join, posted about 4hrs ago. 

"So what is Oxford Rail about. Well we have been producing rail related products at the factory for the last few years, as a pre-cursor to introducing our own range of OO scale rail products. We have a list as long as your arm , but we will release products in a controlled way. We already have several in tooling - simple to locos. There a lot of competition out there, but we will try and create our following...."

This sounds very interesting to me

Owen

• Like 2

With the amount of smaller companies coming out, and the broader range of products being made that may never have been considered viable before as RTR (both from the big boys and smaller companies), it's certainly a good time to be a modeller

• RMweb Gold

There seems to be a different page there today with an image showing the front 10% or so, looks like this to me http://www.vectis.co.uk/AuctionImages/95/1495_l.jpg

An interesting development all the same.

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Your link looks like the T3 that 69843 referred to.  From what little we can see in the current picture, I'm blowed if I can tell the difference.