Marleigh 0 gauge (changing again) whoops

spenc

Done two masts today the one on the right was the second improvement on first one not so much solder more to do tomorrow. Question what's the best way to put wires across baseboard join is it one mast by each board or loose fit wires to the masts.20200417_165327.jpg.3c25ec73b04965498ef5a8a5f40128fc.jpg

• Like 5

Done some work on the alterations extending platform,test fitting the masts next build new bridge take one shed out the other bits come today to finish the masts just waiting for solder to arrive 

20200424_162142.jpg

20200424_162220.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 16/04/2020 at 19:02, spenc said:

Thank you, lots of soldering to do then the all the wires to do then when the 304 kit comes build it plus some alterations to the layout must be mad keep me busy for the next 3 weeks.

Hello Steve, good to see you are felling a bit better :good_mini:, just out of interest where are you getting the class 304 EMU kit from ?

Best regards

Craig.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

Hello Steve, good to see you are felling a bit better :good_mini:, just out of interest where are you getting the class 304 EMU kit from ?

Best regards

Craig.

Thanks, the 304 kit is coming from jandmhughesogauge.com they do 3 other emus (overheads) plus loads of other kits.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First time build after finger burning time and solder one piece the other comes off finally done 4 of each not too bad for guess work the one on the left i need to make some pulleys then tidy them up and paint not looking forward to doing the wires.

20200508_133425.jpg

20200508_133333.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Alterations going slowly running out of stuff platform nearly done warehouse with canopy gone replaced with a skytrex building that i still had, front edge redone the bridge needs replacing to the fiddleyard had problems with one of my points can't be bothered to get new one soldered it up grassed over out of use next job cantery wires then wait till the 304 kit comes.  

20200530_122529.jpg

20200530_122749.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

More finger burning today making the cantenary didn't do it all ran out of wire done first 5ft in two parts just got to do from join to fiddleyard wire is just resting on the mast nothing will be fixed in place until the 304 comes so I can get the correct height thats it for now.

20200611_144835.jpg

20200611_144955.jpg

20200611_145450.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

All the wires have been made now, I ordered more late Thursday night arrived this morning from strings direct well recommended,  but now I keep looking and thinking would one of the sidings look alright with cantenary and would it get in the way for uncoupling as I like using 3 link if do I will need to do it now before I fix everything down nothing will get done next week as back to work Monday and on 09.30-19.00 all week.

Edited by spenc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update at the moment layout as been put on hold,  health wise I have been more downs than up last lot of bloods taken not good so had phone call from doctors to say urgent appointment at hospital within 4 days was up there Thursday nearly all day there to see doctors,more blood taken 13 tubes, see nurses, see doctor again plus full body CT scan so now waiting game to know if or isn't

will keep you all updated soon.

• Friendly/supportive 10

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Today I start long term sick from work I did want them to finish me but they said no don't know if I will be back, tomorrow back to hospital more blood they also rang to say last minute slot for another CT scan but it was for same time as bloods so wait bit longer once they are back and results back they will start  me on my treatment tablets with cov19 about i have got to be in my own bubble so no going out.so next few weeks I will see if I can do some work on the layout.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, spenc said:

Update

Today I start long term sick from work I did want them to finish me but they said no don't know if I will be back, tomorrow back to hospital more blood they also rang to say last minute slot for another CT scan but it was for same time as bloods so wait bit longer once they are back and results back they will start  me on my treatment tablets with cov19 about i have got to be in my own bubble so no going out.so next few weeks I will see if I can do some work on the layout.

11 hours ago, 34006 said:

That's a bit of a bu**er ,mate, to put it mildly.I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Phil.

I second that..... Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery buddy.

Jim

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well as I can't see things improving with me and on sick pay which is a very big drop in wages me and my wife have been looking at our finances to help out a bit we have cancelled the 304emu kit plus other kits and over the next few days I will be making a list of all the 0 gauge I will be selling when I done it  I will let you all know most of the stock are on here.

Thank you all 

Steve

Edited by spenc
Miss word
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• 5 months later...

Hi

Just a small update still here managed to avoid cov19 had first jab end of January health wise responding well with the treatment started back to work beginning February went for monthly bloods last Friday now back on sick a bit of flare-up they are worried about it might affect me heart so rest for me. I have sold all 0 gauge but hopefully soon will be back with something.

• Friendly/supportive 5