Marleigh 0 gauge (changing again) whoops

spenc

Now the summer has gone and coming back to 0 gauge this time i'am not going to want everything all in one go so the first kit I got is a Easybuild 121 DMU when that is done buy the next kit.As I am building I will decide a track plan I have 10ft x18in space to play with.The name I saw it in a village I go through in Dorset and it stuck in my mind.Time period 80s/90s.Here his what I have done today as I had all ready built one and sold it when I went back to 00 this time round it easier.
Steve
post-11944-0-80526200-1413145256_thumb.jpg
post-11944-0-58887400-1413145279_thumb.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 10

Hi

Managed to do some more on the DMU today had the motor running little noisey just needs adjusting broke two white metal parts so will give Shawn ring for replacements.another day off tomorrow so will put primer on and under floor detail on still not sorted a track plan yet here's some pictures.

Steve

post-11944-0-57914500-1413752223_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-47681400-1413752257_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Darren

Thanks glad to be back into 0 gauge put the primer on the body & started the under body details on still a lot to do.How are you getting on with yours not had any updates latterly.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Done some more on the 121 the last few days I have painted the body started putting the under floor details on.the next stage is to start putting the seat on and windows in and other bits to Finnish it.

post-11944-0-80231300-1414957961_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-19938200-1414957983_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-85755200-1414958008_thumb.jpg

Steve

• Like 10

The bubble car is coming on nicely, how did you find the kit to build? I would like one for my Ranelagh Bridge project.

Good to see another 90's era layout starting.

I'm also starting one in the near future.

Edited by steve fay

Tis nice to see someone else building a Easybuild kit. My experience with these kits is limited to my BG which I have under construction for Ramchester. So far I have had no serious problems with my kit which is coming along nicely. Still a long way to go but if you are interested in watching its progress please follow me on RMweb/7mm+modelling/The Chronicles of Ramchester. Ever since I started in O gauge I have never looked back and now 00 looks small and N... impossible.

Railwayrod

• Like 1

Hi Steve Fay

Thanks for your comment this is a second one I have built the first one I sold they are great kits to build not done much this week been too busy at work off this weekend so get some more done after I have been to Thorncombe show.

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Railwayrod

Thank you for your comment this time I will be staying with 0 gauge it's better for my eyes I have had a quick look at your site this week on my phone now I have got my iPad back from the Phone shop I can have a better look that's why I have not replied fingers to big for phone.The kits go together really great only thing with mine I broke two air pipes.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve, good to see you back, the 121 looks good I like it, I bought a a Bachmann 150/2 off you sometime ago last year, but alas I am cutting down a lot of my 4mm stock, and I have started dipping my toes into the 7mm scale, I to have purchased 2 x Easy Build DMU kits which I hope to make a start on in the New Year, just waiting to get this Chrimbo thing out of the way, so when a lot of people are feeling down because all the Festivities are over, I will have something to sink my modelling teeth into.

I fancy doing a 121 or 122 I have not decided yet, 

Happy modelling

Craig

edited for poor English Grammar.

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 1

Hi Craig

You will enjoy 0 gauge the Easy build kits are great to build if you have built a DC kit the EB kit is easy plus better for your eyes got 5 days off now so I can crack on with the model & layout got some track & points so I can see what plan I can come up with I still have a class 33 kit which I started building when I first had a dabble in 7mm I keep looking at it but the lack of instructions I don't know if I will ever get it built I should have got a JLTRT one.Saving me money now ready for Bristol in January hoping to have a good spending spree.I am going to get another 121 from Shawn that will be painted in NSE colours.Hope to see some fellow RM members.

All the best with your build

Steve

Well day 4 of 5days off after the first 3 days Christmas shopping wished we done it before we went on holiday I now know what a mule feels like glad the wife was at work today.so I decided to glue the seats straight to the floor of the DMU waits till set then tried the body on i though i allowed enough room wrong so got to take them of again and move them in a bit more then some of the under floor stuff fell off so glued them back on so seats will be redone tomorrow so I started doing the track tried doing a track plan on any rail but I could not get it to work so here's a pen & paper one.The layout is 10ft 6in x18in 7ft 6in scenic 3ft fiddle/cassettes.

Steve

post-11944-0-99119400-1419285100_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Craig

The platform will be about 4ft long 9cm wide there will only be a waiting room on there.i was going to have the platform at the back but the factory will only be half relief and that line will go into the fiddle yard as part of the run round loop so viewing will from platform to factory.have you got plans for yours yet.

Steve

Hi

Redone the seats today body fits on now test fitted the exhausts up the front knocked a roof vent off now fixed put the cab details in leaving it now to let the glue to set finished putting the track down so first job after Christmas is to wire it up and test it that's about it now work tomorrow.just became a GOG member so hope to put names to faces at Bristol in January.

Merry Christmas to every one for looking at my thread they will continue & to All RMwebbers hope you all have a good one.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hi Craig

Sorry none at the moment car fixed which left me with £80 out of the £900,me mother got rushed into hospital so with work then going there after work not getting home till late now I have just got over from being ill my doctor straight to the point has told me if I don't slow down I will be in a box before i'am 60 heart not resting so according to that got to get my layout done within 3 years. Hopefully within the next few weeks I will start doing some more.The 121 is a good kit to build any problems building it let me know and I will try and sort it out.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

A lot of things have happened this year not for the good still got next Thursday not looking forward to that .a bit of good news for me had a treadmill test & ECG yesterday so I can carry on driving buses.now to modelling I did a bit today mind still not back into it yet put the glazing in the 121 knocked a lamp iron off spent about half hour on the floor still there somewhere had a parcel the other day some platform edges from M&M models Bournemouth they do them in concrete, brick & stone the edge is about 11ins long & ramp is 8ins long

Here's some photos.

Steve

post-11944-0-16975000-1428601062_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-03243800-1428601093_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-49064300-1428601118_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-35984600-1428601155_thumb.jpg

• Like 6