Marleigh 0 gauge (changing again) whoops

spenc

Not done much slight change of plan sold clayhoods now waiting for polybulks bit more fitting for ball clay,finally got a motor and gearbox for the 33 also ordered sound chip they sent it out Monday I got it Tuesday morning so a big thanks to Digitrains for a fast service great friendly staff and helpful  so now to find time to put it all together that's about it for now.

2 hours ago, Father Dougal said:

Are you buying the Polybulk kits via Invertrains? They are nice kits, but the resin has a habit of distorting a bit. I found bracing helped mine.

Dougal

No they are the ones what Simon br blue is doing they are the shorter body version like the 00 Bachmann ones. 

Steve

18 hours ago, Father Dougal said:

How can I order some?

Dougal

Hi

Go to Skills & Knowledge centre then, 3D printing,laser cutting,CAD & CNC then scholl down until you see class 25 in 7mm go to last page he's done one in 4mm but he's doing 7mm aswell send him a message Simon br blue 

Steve

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone 

Not been on here for a long time no updates not been too good these last few months,had a hospital appointment today a ultra scan had some good news it's not what we feared the big C, now got to see my doctor then wait for the hospital to send a date to go in.Think it time to cut my hour's down at work 23yrs driving buses/coaches its starting to tell on me getting home feeling knackered I will see what I'm like in a few weeks will update soon.

Steve

• Friendly/supportive 6

• 2 months later...

Small update finally got a date to go in hospital 18th Dec cannot wait, but not for wot they are going to do, down side could be off work over Christmas period what a shame. Be good to get back into doing the layout there will be changes? all will be revealed at a later date.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Good luck with the appointment although you may not looking forward to it but at least you will be off for the Christmas period so it's not all bad. :)

Looking forward to some more updates on the layout 

Jim

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jcarta said:

Good luck with the appointment although you may not looking forward to it but at least you will be off for the Christmas period so it's not all bad. :)

Looking forward to some more updates on the layout 

Jim

Its what the surgeon's going to be doing is the problem he's going to fix it or remove it so I could be minus a part at the end of the day.at the moment the latter is the best thing in so much pain.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...

Just a update on what's happened the 18th yesterday I went in hospital for a operation it all went well still here now minus a part now drugged up on pain killers back home recovering off work till the new year (no heavy lifting for a month) yes,that's it for now.

Happy  Christmas to you all

From a sore Steve

• Friendly/supportive 8

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, NSE DAZ said:

Just seen this mate hope you have a speedy recovery! All the best Daz

Hi Daz

It was going alright but the last few days I have been in a lot of pain so Saturday Elaine rang 111 for advice they sent me up the hospital to have lots of tests and wait for my bloods to come back to be told I have a infection in the area where they took the part from they gave me antibiotics in the arm a box of antibiotics and sent me home and go back Tuesday to see the consultant on what next to do.

Steve

Edited by spenc
  • Friendly/supportive 3

23 hours ago, spenc said:

Hi Daz

It was going alright but the last few days I have been in a lot of pain so Saturday Elaine rang 111 for advice they sent me up the hospital to have lots of tests and wait for my bloods to come back to be told I have a infection in the area where they took the part from they gave me antibiotics in the arm a box of antibiotics and sent me home and go back Tuesday to see the consultant on what next to do.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear this mate sounds like you are having a rough time! Fingers cross your health improves soon hope it all goes well next Tuesday....

Cheers,

Daz

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Still no modelling done iam on day 2 of 14 day isolate having picked up this virus throat,cough,temperature so at moment hoping it doesn't get worse I am one of the at risk and I feel crap, family is in meltdown over it all panicking they have told my wife if i get worse to ring 999 wifes had to stay at home as well, so much for using hand sanitizers bus driving has it's down falls so much for thinking this year is going to get better.

• Friendly/supportive 15

Well day 7, day 5 temperature started coming down to a safe level still feeling crap, day 6 temperature back up wife got in touch again with NHS they rang back all symptoms there she was told this could be in my body for another 2 weeks just got to keep a eye on it, hopefully when I get better still might not have a job to go back as they have reduced the services worse than Saturday service

• Friendly/supportive 6

Lets hope it doesn't come to that. 

The problem is that reducing services just means he buses are crowded much like the tube. You cant socially distance on a packed bus or train. Government has got this wrong

Paul R

Update day 11 the last 2 days I have managed to keep my temperature at 37 throat as eased  cough not much so hopefully it's passed so today rang work to say be back Monday for them to ring back to say they are temporary shutting down passenger count and money for the week is not worth running plus all the costs so now I am one of the 80%ers and I still can't go out so lots of modeling to do.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 37114 said:

Very nice layout,  interested to see this develope.

Thank you, lots of soldering to do then the all the wires to do then when the 304 kit comes build it plus some alterations to the layout must be mad keep me busy for the next 3 weeks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Good luck with the alterations...... Obviously I will watch with interest :good:

If you are looking  South  in the next few weeks and you see the sky  dark blue it's not rain coming it's me done something wrong there going to be a lot of burnt fingers.

• Funny 1