Modern loco shed....

modelman14

Hi all.

I`m in the process of constructing a modern loco facility and I`m trying to source a modern loco shed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction,using the internet hasn't brought anything up yet.....

Thanks all......................

BrushType4

If you google `modern 7mm O gauge loco shed` the first image is a modern 2 road shed,something similar but only 1 road and 1 loco length.

Or something similar to the Bachmann Scenecraft one.

Other than this I would have to do some digging around,i`ll have some piccys somewhere......

Cheers.......

BrushType4

If you google `modern 7mm O gauge loco shed` the first image is a modern 2 road shed,something similar but only 1 road and 1 loco length.

Or something similar to the Bachmann Scenecraft one.

Other than this I would have to do some digging around,i`ll have some piccys somewhere......

Cheers.......

The Bachmann Scenecraft is based on Peterborough and a favourite of mine. If this is what you are after it's on my to do list, I'll bring forward if you place a firm order.

PM for details.

I'm the process of building a skytrex signal box and honestly wouldn't recommend them to any one.

I would look more in to the laser cutting route, if you have an idea of the style of shed you want with plenty of pictures then all this info can be passed on to who ever designs and cuts them for you.

Most will offer multiple materials as well so if has corrogated sides then these can be laser cut as well.

Have you looked at Scalescenes?The downloaded files can be enlarged to print at 7mm scale.There are several topics in RMweb you can use for reference.Regards.

I reckon that even if you wanted to replace all of the corrugated cladding with plastic then it would still be worth buying and printing out this kit for all the little details that scalescenes include in their kits.

I reckon that even if you wanted to replace all of the corrugated cladding with plastic then it would still be worth buying and printing out this kit for all the little details that scalescenes include in their kits.

If cost is a factor, then instead of plastic corrugated cladding at well over £2 per sheet, look in an art/craft shop for corrugated card at about 25% of the cost of plastic. Once painted you will not be able to tell the difference. If you are near a Hobbycraft store, they usually have two different types - cheap and colourful for the youngsters and brown with a finer corrugation for the serious crafters.

Regards.

• 1 month later...

I have used FBS413 Profiled Steel Cladding from South Eastern Finecast for my 7mm depot - I based it on the Peco Manyways Shed, which I believe was modelled on the HST Shed at Bounds Green - My shed is only 2 roads for 2 Loco's .... not full HST size :nono:

Cheers, Bob.

Edit - Tried to add a photo, but not appearing on the post :dontknow:

About the only available buildings I can think of are from Skytrex. I personally don't find them very inspiring and to make a decent size building would need a small mortgage.

Jeff

Indeed, with some fettling many of the Skytrex products can be made into nice models.

Yes, custom laser cut buildings are a way to get what you want from your own design.

My goods shed was a back of a fag packet design that Mike at Greenwood Model Railway Products turned into a masterpiece.

Greenwood make some very nice kits from what I can see.

I also noticed, in the GOG Gazette, a while back, that one fellow used some Britains farm-buildings and parts thereof to make an interesting 'modern image' Engine Shed (IIRC on the old Happisburgh layout).

Here is a Link (there maybe better priced versions out there - but this looked okay for some cut and shut modelling);-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Britains-42808-Scale-Machinery-Building/dp/B006Z7D504/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1418426559&sr=8-6&keywords=britains+farm+toy+build

Whilst it's 1:32 scale, it could scale out quite well as a 1:43 Engine Shed - eg. perhaps cut in half and reassembled one section behind the other - and then perhaps re-clad it in appropriate materials/sheets.

Hope that helps.

ATVB

CME

Very nice Pete - You made a great job of that shed -  I have always admired that depot, which I believe is or was ? on the superb Willaston Road Layout - What happened to that ?, I enjoyed watching the video's as new Loco's appeared.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi CME

Yes that is the old Dinky model, not been altered in any way yet, just placed on the Layout, will do a bit of work on it when time allows - Slow progress at the moment due to Twins arriving, 2 more to add to the other 5 grandchildren that we have :help:

Cheers, Bob.

Very nice Pete - You made a great job of that shed -  I have always admired that depot, which I believe is or was ? on the superb Willaston Road Layout - What happened to that ?, I enjoyed watching the video's as new Loco's appeared.

Cheers, Bob.

Rob

You are correct in the layout I think that was 2009 when I did all that, the only thing I  know about the layout is that it was sold either at the end of 2013 or the start of 2014 I don't know where it is or if it is in an operational state, hopefully the old owner who uses RMWeb will be able to post an update on the layouts situation.

Pete

Another pic of the Depot which shows the type of Cladding that you can get from South Eastern Finecast (No connection with SEF, just a satisfied customer of over 30yrs) - This is 4mm Cladding, but looks just right for 7mm.

I used 9mm Ply, then covered with the Cladding Sheets by way of Spray Glue - The Roof was made from Plastic material (Foamalux) used for Signs.

Cheers, Bob. 

post-10578-0-22104300-1418746623_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi, I've drawn up the attached test build that is a single road shed based on Westbury. The full kit will be fully glazed and include scribed brickwork and additional details to complete.

Let me know what you think?post-1485-0-90622000-1426450265_thumb.jpgpost-1485-0-11015100-1426450280_thumb.jpgpost-1485-0-87296800-1426450297_thumb.jpgpost-1485-0-95113400-1426450317_thumb.jpg

Archived