Class 07 Diesel

rembrow

Let's cut to the chase here. DJM has already hinted, not so subtly, that Heljan are doing this but is playing games about what Kernow are announcing. Quite happy to pee on another manufacture's bonfire while not biting the hand that feeds him.

Cheers

Shane

Edited by Wolf27

There surely couldn't be enough of a market for Class 07s to support two manufacturers making a profit on them???

Well one of them could do the vac brake only one while the other manufacturer do the dual brake one (different body sides and buffer beam detail

The class 05 chassis will be a pretty good basis for an 07 if they were going to do one.

It could but clearance could be a issue due to the 05 having quite large wheels, would the chassis still run with smaller wheels plus the 05 is gearbox jackshaft driven while the 07 isn't

It could but clearance could be a issue due to the 05 having quite large wheels, would the chassis still run with smaller wheels plus the 05 is gearbox jackshaft driven while the 07 isn't

I think the Silver Fox 07 used an 03 chassis with the rods cut down and the jackshaft cranks removed. Not sure though.

I've been waiting for an 07 to finally appear. Given their longevity I was quite surprised when the 05 was announced before the 07. 

The HNRC liveried one that was in Manchester for a while would be an interesting release. Personally I'd be happy with BR blue TOPS numbered. How much difference is there from the versions that were built for industry?

I was hoping Bachmann would make it. That way I might see an N version. Why do the manufacturers all seam to think there's no demand in N. Looking at kernow the thumper, Beatle and 02 would fly out in N. And I know people will say its too small to shrink. Thats rubbish. Look at the N gauge DCC FITTED Koff.

I've been waiting for an 07 to finally appear. Given their longevity I was quite surprised when the 05 was announced before the 07. 

The HNRC liveried one that was in Manchester for a while would be an interesting release. Personally I'd be happy with BR blue TOPS numbered. How much difference is there from the versions that were built for industry?

That 07 would be 07001, that's the second time it's spent in Manchester. As for a release in that livery that would be up to Harry to let them do that livery as it is a company livery and therefore copyright

• RMweb Premium

I think the Silver Fox 07 used an 03 chassis with the rods cut down and the jackshaft cranks removed. Not sure though.

Yes, that's right - I have a SF 07 and Bachy chassis somewhere near the bottom of my "to do" plié of kits.

• RMweb Gold

Why not one of the manufacturers producing an 'O' scale version, I'm sure it would be well received.

Cheers, Mick.

Much as I'd love one I think if they can't make a RTR Class 14 work an 07 is equally unlikely

• RMweb Premium

Yes, that's right - I have a SF 07 and Bachy chassis somewhere near the bottom of my "to do" plié of kits.

I recently completed the SF 07 body, I bought a 03 planning to use its chassis under the 07. But the 03 was so nice I kept it complete, now waiting for another 03 chassis!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I recently completed the SF 07 body, I bought a 03 planning to use its chassis under the 07. But the 03 was so nice I kept it complete, now waiting for another 03 chassis!

I feel your pain, had the same happen with an 8F - that's the problem when they put a lovely body on a good chassis!

That 07 would be 07001, that's the second time it's spent in Manchester. As for a release in that livery that would be up to Harry to let them do that livery as it is a company livery and therefore copyright

It's covered by trademark law, not copyright, as far as I understand it. Although HNRC might only really have control over the licensing of it's logo, rather than the livery. It's a legal minefield ...