Class 07 Diesel

rembrow

• RMweb Gold

Heljan has confirmed their intention to produce 'OO' Class 07 in as-built and modified variants with a proposed 2017 release date. Further details to follow.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good news indeed. Gradually the small shunters are being picked off. Well done Heljan, 07s are very pretty little shunters, it would be rude not to get one seeing that my local preserved line had/has one.

Neil

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone else wondered how much hassle those end are going to be for them with all the detail and wasp ends

Having painted some myself; yes! I was never happy with transfers around the angled and curved corners so it was always a paint job.

Having painted some myself; yes! I was never happy with transfers around the angled and curved corners so it was always a paint job.

Ditto here! :)

Edited to insert a photo, albeit a somewhat distant one, of my nearly finished Craftsman 07. It has been "nearly finished" for the last 10 or more years! I may just get it beyond the "nearly finished" state before the Heljan model comes out and puts my work to shame. :D

2HALRechassised2_zps856ace97.jpg

Edited by SRman

I wonder if this is a hint that it will be molded entirely in transparent plastic.

There was another sample where the centre cab section was printed in a frosted clear material but I took that to be a 3D print. The detail on that cab section is nowhere near the level of the other parts so I think it will be of traditional construction with the usual glazing inserts.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Are there any more details of the models being produced? Cat numbers 2900 and 2901 are both green with wasp stripes and different running numbers. Hattons are asking me which one I want my pre-order to be for and I'm not sure if there is any material difference between the two other than the fleet numbers. The same duplication is repeated in the blue ones ( 2902 and 2903 as built, 2904 and 2905 with air brakes)

Edited by colin penfold

Are there any more details of the models being produced? Cat numbers 2900 and 2901 are both green with wasp stripes and different running numbers. Hattons are asking me which one I want my pre-order to be for and I'm not sure if there is any material difference between the two other than the fleet numbers. The same duplication is repeated in the blue ones ( 2902 and 2903 as built, 2904 and 2905 with air brakes)

Colin

The initial 07 releases are as follows:-

Version 1 non-air braked

2900  D2985 BR Green

2901  D2990 BR Green

2902  D2992 BR Blue

2903  07010  BR Blue

Version 2 air-braked (extra cabinet, air receiver compartment and air pipes (high level)

2910  2993  BR Blue

2911  07005 BR Blue

2912 (07001) Peakstone yellow

2913 (07003) British Industrial Sand white

There will also be a Hattons special liveried version in Harry Needle Railway Co. livery (07001)

Effectively 2900 & 2901 are the same liveries but with different numbers as is 2902 & 2903 ( although 2903 is TOPS style). The same applies to 2910 & 2911 although they have a slightly different body moulding (as seen on the sample picture)

Hope this helps.

Grahame

Edited by BrushVeteran

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to it. I have a Silver Fox 07 completed, but the (new) Bachmann chassis I used was such a bad runner it has been consigned to the out of use line. I've started on a second Silver Fox body to try an improve on my first attempt, would be nice to finish it.

I hope the Heljan cab steps will be more robust than those on the class 14, mine broke off within a few days. Still not found them.

It looks like they have a mice problem at Heljan.

going by the look of them steps. :nyam:

This is the very first EP from the vendor and the first ones are not normally publicly shown until the initial corrections have taken place............................................and a 2nd one produced.

This is the very first EP from the vendor and the first ones are not normally publicly shown until the initial corrections have taken place............................................and a 2nd one produced.

I'd say this was a fairly successful first showing, since no one has picked any major faults with the shape or details on it ... apart from me noticing the lack of see-through windows, which everyone else seems to have missed!!  :jester:    :jester:    :jester:

Colin

The initial 07 releases are as follows:-

Version 1 non-air braked

2900  D2985 BR Green

2901  D2990 BR Green

2902  D2992 BR Blue

2903  07010  BR Blue

Version 2 air-braked (extra cabinet, air receiver compartment and air pipes (high level)

2910  2993  BR Blue

2911  07005 BR Blue

2912 (07001) Peakstone yellow

2913 (07003) British Industrial Sand white

There will also be a Hattons special liveried version in Harry Needle Railway Co. livery (07001)

Effectively 2900 & 2901 are the same liveries but with different numbers as is 2902 & 2903 ( although 2903 is TOPS style). The same applies to 2910 & 2911 although they have a slightly different body moulding (as seen on the sample picture)

Hope this helps.

Grahame

Hi Grahame,

I was thinking about buying one of these, but thanks to your post, I am now thinking about buying TWO.

Hmmm.... do I get the non air braked one in BR green or blue?

Will need to review the fleet...

John

I'll definitely be in the market for a green one, seeing as how I wanted my Craftsman one to be green but couldn't figure out a way to get the red and white lining done.

If I can stretch the budget far enough, I'll also buy a blue one with high level pipes, preferably with pre-TOPS numbering.