APT-E Mould Progress

rapidotrains

Suggests orders are going well...

My first train set was the Hornby APT. I went to see the APT-E last week at Shildon. Can't wait to see the Rapido Model.

All the noises sound positive. You don't get production updates like this from the other suppliers...

I'm hoping we will hear about new Rapido UK projects soon!

Unless there is a mould for each vehicle you can halve that amount, two moulds for four vehicles?

Cheers

Shane

Fantastic! :no: 

I never thought I'd live to see the day when anyone made a production of model of E-Train, that's just superb. Superbly done Jason and Co, I can hardly wait for Warley.

Unless there is a mould for each vehicle you can halve that amount, two moulds for four vehicles?

Cheers

Shane

The moulds for TC1 and TC2 will be different, maybe the outer shells could be the same with a few changes for the windows though.

Seeing the work that goes into producing models to this extent is such a refreshing change. Usually all we get is a CAD, which comes with the caveat that there are still some changes to be made, followed by an engineering prototype, which usually comes with the caveat that there are still some changes to be made, but quite often there isn't, and that's it. We never see the tooling work! So well done Rapido for pushing back the boundaries!

This is going to be awesome!

Cheers

Shane

My pleasure guys!  This is the way Rapido always communicates with its customers and our UK customers are no exception.

When we face problems, you'll hear about those too!   :)

-Jason

I have great fun following Rapidos Facebook page. Poor Mike has been fired so many times for all those things which went wrong!

I have great fun following Rapidos Facebook page. Poor Mike has been fired so many times for all those things which went wrong!

Oh, no!  He's not fired for things that go wrong.  He's regularly fired for:

- liking the Toronto Maple Leafs ice hockey team

- modelling in DC rather than DCC

- not modelling in my scale

- preferring Canadian Pacific to VIA Rail Canada

- not being a Doctor Who fan

but never for things that go wrong.

-Jason

Oh, no!  He's not fired for things that go wrong.  He's regularly fired for:

- liking the Toronto Maple Leafs ice hockey team

- modelling in DC rather than DCC

- not modelling in my scale

- preferring Canadian Pacific to VIA Rail Canada

- not being a Doctor Who fan

but never for things that go wrong.

-Jason

I have to support the Canucks (family obligation) but at least I can't be fired for it. I'm Ok with DCC and VIA Rail (of course) but Dr. Who might just be the deal-breaker! Not big in Sci-fi, me! Maybe breaking into the British market should include a soccer requirement - any team except Manchester United!

CHRIS LEIGH

PLEASE don't let's bring football (soccer....) into this! I spend a fair amount of energy in avoiding football wherever possible.

I'm the guy who once said to an ITV interviewer 'Who's Brian Clough?' while walking through Derby Market Place, much to the amusement of my colleagues back in the RTC at the time.

• RMweb Premium

PLEASE don't let's bring football (soccer....) into this! I spend a fair amount of energy in avoiding football wherever possible.

Most certainly keeping football out of this.

Back on topic - for Jason at least - this is from last week's local derby match.

Our second line centre Jake nurse decided to take on Frankie Bakrlik (a much bigger guy) and unfortunately came out of it quite badly. Jake slipped on a loose stick and fell to the ice. Frankie took advantage of this and had a cheap shot while Jake was down and now he's out for at least 6 weeks with a fractured eye socket.

I'm glad I partake of a genteel hobby in model railways...................

Cheers,

Mick

My mate of mine used to play for the British Medway Bears ice hockey team, until he broke his leg in 7 places.

I,m dreadful on skates, that is my wife's thing but very good on skis (not at all my wife's thing).

My wife and I impose tough rules in our house regarding football - you are not allowed to watch read, hear or speak of it!

Here is hoping nothing goes wrong with the APT-E model at least..... (And heaven forbid me meeting a weeping Angel, I could not bare being sent back in time and having to wait 40 plus years for the model to come out!)

• RMweb Gold

I'm the guy who once said to an ITV interviewer 'Who's Brian Clough?' while walking through Derby Market Place, much to the amusement of my colleagues back in the RTC at the time.

So who is this Mr Clough guy then??   Did you find out?  :jester:

So who is this Mr Clough guy then??   Did you find out?  :jester:

Hehehe. :no:

I'd been living in Derby for about 3 months, and I know NOTHING about football (soccer...) and there was some crisis over Cloghie's management of the club (what else is new...?) and the TV crew were doing a 'vox populi' in the Market place and pounced on me. I really did say 'Who's Brian Clough?' as I'd not heard of him, and the camera crew fell about laughing as a result. The interviewer asked if they'd got the shot and they said no and he asked me if I'd do it again, so I said OK and did it all again.

They got the shot that time and he asked me, off camera, what I really thought about the situation and I had to tell him I hadn't a clue. He said I'd DEFINITELY be on ITV that night and I was, they ended the 'vox populi' bit with my shot and then cut to Cloughie in the studio. He said 'Well I think that last young man had the right idea, it's nothing for the public to concern itself with....' etc etc

Years later I met him at a big event at the Polish White Eagle Club in Derby and reminded him of the TV business. He clapped me on the shoulder with a big grin and bought me a beer! :no:

I only know of Brian Clough from the Monty Python sketch in which the contestant on "Spot the Braincell" thinks that John Cleese, when doing a fish impression, was actually pretending to be Brian Clough.

I just remembered that Python Clough also comments on a tribute to the Yangtze Kiang river by Britain's top football goalies.

HOW DO THEY THINK OF THIS STUFF?

-Jason

At one time Cloughie was probably the most famous football manager in the UK, with the possible exception of the guy who ran Manchester United. For the last two years of my time at BR I had the misfortune to live within earshot of the Baseball Ground, Derby County's ground, which made most Saturday afternoons unbearable. I always found good reasons NOT to be there!

[Thread Drift Rules OK......... :no: ]

[Thread Drift Rules OK......... :no: ]

Just as well too.  Every time I see this thread title, (APT-E Mould Progress) all I can think of is a the preserved ATP-E getting more mouldy.

Perhaps it's that cheese sandwich?

Other than context, I had no idea who Brian Clough is was or could be.

Nevertheless it's great to see material progress on the tooling and the first pressings.

Archived