Hornby 9f smoke deflectors

I was given a Hornby 9f. It's missing some parts, most notably the left side smoke deflector. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one or if necessary both deflectors?

I'm also am going to need the front buffers but they are not high on my list right now as I can probably find them more easily or scratch build them.

Thanks for any suggestions. By the way I'm in the U.S. but ordering from the UK doesn't bother me as long as the shipping isn't too expensive.

Dave

Buy It Now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-PAIR-Hornby-9F-SMOKE-DEFLECTORS-NEW-/321536361183?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4add0f82df

£4.90 postage is quoted for the States however.

There are other sellers and one has a single one - needless to say a RH one!

It might be better to make a pair as the Hornby parts are intended to survive youthful hands and are rather thick.

Thanks guys. I had seen the listing Il Griffone noted. I may go with the scratch building route. Does anybody have a clue how to remove the deflector? I wiggled and tugged and it wouldn't come free. I'm looking for the "magic release tab" so I don't break it.

This loco came from the shop I was working for. I was putting out of production but new in the box European, British & Japanese models on the shop's website. Unfortunately the shop suffered a major and totally devastating fire at the end of May. This is one of the very few items not burned or crushed that were recovered from the rubble. A lot of very nice models & supplies were lost and I'm still kicking myself for not buying more while I worked on the project.

I was just tinkering with it and after straightening a bent drive rod the loco rolls nicely. The tender pushes it along smoothly. I'm pretty surprised at how smooth the ringfield (?) mechanism works. I'll probably leave it DC rather than DCC.

Again thanks for the suggestions.

Dave

Archived