Chris T's photo archives

That Brush Type 4 with double-arrows on both ends of the body centre is a new one on me; I only remember them with a central one.

There was Only a small number of these ( one of them being a real namer) ?

And then there was the ones with the arrows under the cabside windows,

with there numbers on the bodyside, behind the cab door.

There was Only a small number of these ( one of them being a real namer) ?

And then there was the ones with the arrows under the cabside windows,

with there numbers on the bodyside, behind the cab door.

See Class47.co.uk for all the numbers.

There were 19 of that type (early BR style) and only 9 of the version with arrows under the cab windows (Brush style).

I hope that you dont mind Chris, but I have had a quick tweak of your Brush 4 photo, in order to remove the redness. It is not perfect I know, and I may have over done the blue, but it illustrates what can be done with a little experimentation in the scanner software settings. Those photos are wonderful ER nostalgia for me, and I cannot avoid tinkering with something so priceless.

post-4474-0-63011300-1414224223.jpg

• Like 5

I hope that you dont mind Chris, but I have had a quick tweak of your Brush 4 photo, in order to remove the redness. It is not perfect I know, and I may have over done the blue, but it illustrates what can be done with a little experimentation in the scanner software settings. Those photos are wonderful ER nostalgia for me, and I cannot avoid tinkering with something so priceless.

More than happy for you to give me any help you can.  Many thanks.

Chris Turnbull

• RMweb Gold

A similar view on 19 October 2014

post-6662-0-30058900-1414225347_thumb.jpg

Excellent stuff Chris - thanks for sharing.

• Like 7

More than happy for you to give me any help you can.  Many thanks.

Chris Turnbull

Thanks Chris. I did the Brush 2 photo at the same time -

post-4474-0-48825500-1414227081.jpg

It is difficult trying to keep the yellow panel looking realistic while fiddling with the other colours - but it keeps me happy for a while.

Edited by jonny777
  • Like 9

I did 3 more, because I can't help myself. They are excellent. Please tell me you have boxes of unscanned slides all taken around the same time in the same areas?

post-4474-0-73064200-1414240469.jpg

post-4474-0-65219400-1414240482.jpg

post-4474-0-76419400-1414240772.jpg

Edited by jonny777
  • Like 6

I did 3 more, because I can't help myself. They are excellent. Please tell me you have boxes of unscanned slides all taken around the same time in the same areas?

You'll be pleased to know that I do indeed.

And thank you for your help.  I have always been partially colour blind and this has become worse as I have aged such that I am now nearly totally colour blind.  Because of this I can't actually see any difference between your pictures and mine although I'm sure it is there.  If you are happy to help me out, I'm more than willing to accept your help.

Chris Turnbull

Edited by Chris Turnbull
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2014 at 09:24, beast66606 said:

A similar view on 19 October 2014

attachicon.gifDAS598235.jpg

Excellent stuff Chris - thanks for sharing.

Glad you are enjoying the show.  Thanks for posting a "now" shot; you've saved me the bother of scanning one of mine!

This shot of D5569 is probably an even better match to your photo:

940603810_680416D5569Norwich2.3.jpg.58c6ad36a02d81872ce03f2d747ba277.jpg

Chris Turnbull

Edited by Chris Turnbull
  • Like 13

Yes Chris, that is fine by me -

You'll be pleased to know that I do indeed.

And thank you for your help.  I have always been partially colour blind and this has become worse as I have aged such that I am now nearly totally colour blind.  Because of this I can't actually see any difference between your pictures and mine although I'm sure it is there.  If you are happy to help me out, I'm more than willing to accept your help.

Chris Turnbull

Yes Chris, that is fine by me - I have sent you a PM.

....and made some adjustments to D5569

post-4474-0-75492200-1414251566.jpg

Edited by jonny777
  • Like 7

Utopia! My trainspotting base whilst at school. In the 1st shot, note the fence; rail for uprights, and tube for horizontals. Where the bike is leaning against it, at the far end, there was inscribed a few loco numbers, including 2 Jubilees that made it to Cambridge.

To the right of the goods shed, is the former GNR locoshed. Later in life (before your pics were taken) it became the maintenance base for the BR lorries.

My mate has one of the signal arms from that 1st shot too.

I think that Brush 2 might have a 1B66 headcode? If so, it has just been released from platform 2, to wait for its coaches to be pushed back into 2 by the 03 pilot, before hooking up and scuttling back to KGX. The 03 and its (probably still 7 at this time) coaches will be waiting under Hills Road bridge for the Brush to draw up alongside. All controlled by those miniature shunt signals. Interestingly, these also controlled movements of mainline trains into the station (along with the "big" signals).

The pair of lines to the left of the goods shed are the through goods lines. On our frequent "diversion" days, the ECML passenger trains also used these, stopping usually to exchange pilots (crew) for the route via Shepreth and Hitchin (south), or Ely and Peterborough (north).

Any more here?

Stewart