Beckenham & West Wickham Show

C.A.T.Ford

This weekend on Saturday only at St. Johns church Eden Park ave. BR3 3JN.

This is usually a good show with a particularly good bring and buy

Layouts include:

Empingham 

Staindrop

Tarworks

Belmont Rd.

Premier line

Denton West

Nearest station is the delightful Eden Park 10 minutes walk

I turned up after ExpoNG and was told, very politely it should be said, that the in-site car parking was for the disabled only but I could try parking on-road. All the roads were chocker with residents parking so I went home.

Regards

We managed to park off-site, just a short walk, and there are no parking restrictions in the area.

Enjoyed the layouts, and I can't believe how much they manage to collect for their club sales stand every year!

Regards, Ash.

Thanks to everyone involved for a very enjoyable show. I thought there was a particularly good selection of layouts this year.

In particular, thanks must go to the gentleman operating the small folding 009 layout, the name of which I couldn't see on the website. You were very kind to take so much time to explain the magnetic couplings to me.

I was there 3.45-5pm. Numbers were not high, but the programmes were sold out by the time I arrived, so I hope that is a good sign?

I was fortunate to park immediately outside, but I do know parking can be tight on a Saturday when the local football team is playing at home 100 yards down the road...

Thanks again to all involved,

Rob.

Thanks for all the good and bad feedback, numbers was only down by 24 from last year and we try to do our best in bring all different types of layouts to the show. We hope to see you all again next year. 

Having exhibited St Mellion at this show I must say that all us Southwark members found this a most enjoyable event and look forward to hopefully exhibiting another layout next year. 

Parking at this venue can be tight, but not as bad as that for the ExpoNG show at Swanley. I last visited that two years ago and think that you need to get there by about 08.30 to find a car parking space in the car park due to the other sports activities going on at the same time in the centre. I did not get there too late, but had to try to find an on-street parking space and ended up so far away it took more than 15 minutes to walk back to the centre. Not good for anyone with any impediments and did not have a disabled parking permit. Perhaps they should look for a new venue with less competition for facilities and maybe liase with Beckenham and West Wickham for a date that does not clash .

Archived