7mm battery/radio project

Ken Anderson

Looks like no response!. I googled Xbee and it seems a comprehensive range of components. There does not seem to be any model rail implementation though? Are you determined to use Xbee or are you just interested in converting a loco? There are rail specific solutions available which are as easy to install as early DCC systems.

No there are currently no model rail implementations as far as I know.

Yes, I intend to pursue the potential use of Xbee rather than other products and systems as I think I can develop something worthwhile and cost effective.

Robin,

One can't compare the two.

Xbee is a radio modem communication system where one designs a custom application. It is not an off the shelf solution for controlling model trains but it allows the designer to produce custom solutions in many different control environments. Using it's interface to the 'Internet of Things' opens up the possibility of controlling model railways through Internet connected devices as well as through custom controllers.

One can't compare the two.

Xbee is a radio modem communication system where one designs a custom application.

I guess I was thinking more of a functional comparison. Would a system built with Xbee have significantly greater capabilities than a system using Deltang devices? And if so what would they be?

My Deltang system is very much a custom application. I wrote the software (using the Arduino system) for both my master and my slaves.

...R

Archived