'Hempshaw'

georgeT

Morning Bob / Andy.

l remember the 47 very well (as it started my venture in 0) Andy bought it down one day and sat it on a piece of 0 gauge track on my workbench, and l was in love, it was amazing nearly 2' long and very heavy and powerful, who would not be impressed it was lovely, 

Never know whats next, hahahaha

George

Morning Gang.

Well it will come as no surprise to all of you that l have scrapped 'Hempshaw' as l had made so many mistakes in not really thinking before the construction. also l did not listen to GOOD advise given by many, the ballasting turned out to be a nightmare, just cant get the tape up, and the ballast did not hold even after three coats of sprayed varnish, clogging up everything,  and the design was all wrong, so a different direction is called for, and thats why 'BISHOP STREET GOODS' is waiting to be built.

l would like to thank everyone for their support all along the way, even though l didn't listen to tons of advice, still live and learn....

George

Morning George.

Good luck with BISHOP STREET GOODS, I look forward to following your progress, I know that it will be top modelling whatever you produce - You failed to mention if its 4mm or 7mm :jester: hahaha.

Cheers, Bob.

Morning Gang.

Well it will come as no surprise to all of you that l have scrapped 'Hempshaw' as l had made so many mistakes in not really thinking before the construction. also l did not listen to GOOD advise given by many, the ballasting turned out to be a nightmare, just cant get the tape up, and the ballast did not hold even after three coats of sprayed varnish, clogging up everything,  and the design was all wrong, so a different direction is called for, and thats why 'BISHOP STREET GOODS' is waiting to be built.

l would like to thank everyone for their support all along the way, even though l didn't listen to tons of advice, still live and learn....

George

At least you did something different.  You learnt something and we learnt by your trials, so some good came out of your experiments with Hempshaw :declare:

• RMweb Gold

George,

I come across scrap dealers in my work but none who have scrapped so much railway so quickly since Beeching!  

Look forward to seeing Bishop Street Goods develop to completion.

Cheers, Peter

Archived