'Hempshaw'

georgeT

Morning Gang,   Well a start has been made on the base board for 'Hempshaw' and l have ordered a box of 00 SMP track from Markway, l am keeping the baseboard as one as its a lot better not worrying about joints etc, it will fit in the car if l ever decide to exhibit,

There will be much more shunting to be had and l will make a detachable fiddle yard to take stock on or off the layout, don't know how l will do this just yet ? also there will be no run-round loop in the station area this should give a bit of room, l was very impressed with CULM on sunday a will build something around the track plan...

post-7716-0-76225300-1414493588_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-40563000-1414493662_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-51908600-1414494873_thumb.jpg

Sorry mate, I know I BANG ON ABOUT IT, but I still say you NEED a run round loop for good interesting operation and for shunting the Brake Van out of the way and collecting it again, otherwise its the wrong side of the Loco.

Sorry mate, I know I BANG ON ABOUT IT, but I still say you NEED a run round loop for good interesting operation and for shunting the Brake Van out of the way and collecting it again, otherwise its the wrong side of the Loco.

Yes, but it doesn't have to be in the station platform

Another view of Clum to emphasis the point.

post-11105-0-99543900-1414508395_thumb.jpg

Clum is also one of our favourites.

Ray.

Hello Ray / Andy,  OK OK OK l will put in a run-round loop in the station, that means now l will have to add another 3'6" board ? will look better l guess, that means that 'Hempshaw' will now be 10' long, but much more space, need to build a river / brook called Tin ?

George

Morning George, Glen Roy was only 5ft 10 inches and that had a run round loop, bay platform, goods shed, loading dock, coal siding, and a spare siding behind the goods shed, and the loco stayed in view whilst running round the stock at there was a foot between the end of the board and the first point.

Just a though, you DONT NEED longer, just well planned mate.

Hello Mate,  You are so right it would defeat the object l had started out with, just need a track plan that will fit 6'6", l didn't think 'Glen Roy' was that small, you did have a lot on there, re-think needed

Hello Mate,  You are so right it would defeat the object l had started out with, just need a track plan that will fit 6'6", l didn't think 'Glen Roy' was that small, you did have a lot on there, re-think needed

And it was only 18 inches wide as well so you have more room to spread it out and have some buildings. Much Murkle is only 8ft including the fiddle yard.

• RMweb Gold

Hi George

The run round loop would be useful, but will take up more space, obviously. However, also note that your points, say B6, will be longer than the peco points, with a larger radii, consequently taking up more space.

Before you make a final decision will be worth copying a few left and right hand point templates and laying out on a roll of paper. At least this way you can see what may or not fit. Are you going to build from standard templates or use something like Templot / Any rail to draw out your track plan?

The single board does look a little cramped, unless having only a couple of sidings, which or course can lead to limited operation.

Hi George.

The P4 Society and EM Society both currently have a small layout challenge running at present, the P4 one is limited to 56.5 inches length (4' 8 1/2" standard gauge) and the EM one to 60 inches (60 year anniversary), might be worth having a look for some entries to see what they come up with in a small space.

Ray.

• RMweb Premium

Morning George, Glen Roy was only 5ft 10 inches and that had a run round loop, bay platform, goods shed, loading dock, coal siding, and a spare siding behind the goods shed, and the loco stayed in view whilst running round the stock at there was a foot between the end of the board and the first point.

Just a though, you DONT NEED longer, just well planned mate.

And the wrong coppers :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Morning Gang, Thanks for the input lads its all very helpful, l will be working on some sort of track plan today and finishing of the base board, to make it more operational l have decided to have the run round at the end of the station as Richard and Andy have said l know it will be tight ?

Also l will not be extending the layout, as petticoat parliament showed some opposition to the idea of going back to the 'Ashcombe' debate hahahaha so will stick with 6'6" (for now) ?

Looking through my stock boxes its amazing how quick it build up ???

post-7716-0-11132200-1414653073_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-42423200-1414653077_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-67948500-1414653080_thumb.jpg

Morning mate, the Stock Boxes look good but no signs of the Green 08 or your latest acquisitions, the Blue 24 and Railfreight 37, all with Sound.

Yes stick to the board you have, its plenty big enough, think about Cheddar we saw at Bakewell last year.

Archived