Paul

Like the way you gave picked out the window surrounds I have tried this on my transit minibus conversion but it looked so heavy have removed it.

Is that a tax disk I see on the winscreen.?

Must say It's a very well finished model

Gary,

The tax disc is a white painted spot with blue felt pen to look something like the real thing. The black window surrounds are black, then touched up with yellow repeated until happy. I think I need to paint the glazing edges black before fitting for the rear windows in future.

Thanks.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Bit of a quick update in the transit minibus , needs a bit more work and crew adding but pleased with progress especially the interior rear view mirror which is from an etched brass fret.

Benn adding door mirrors to other trucks and will have to take more pictures.

post-19340-0-37807200-1454601753_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-17806200-1454601758_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-79340600-1454601761_thumb.jpg

Have started a new project as well

conversion of an Oxford mk 1 transit vehicle transporter to a mk 2 pickup truck still early days but coming along, have shortened the chassis twice as I was doing it by eye and left it to long

post-19340-0-00232900-1454601745_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-99037600-1454601747_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Bit of a quick update in the transit minibus , needs a bit more work and crew adding but pleased with progress especially the interior rear view mirror which is from an etched brass fret.

Benn adding door mirrors to other trucks and will have to take more pictures.

attachicon.gifmini bus 1.jpg

attachicon.gifMini Bus 2.jpg

attachicon.gifMini Bus 3.jpg

Have started a new project as well

conversion of an Oxford mk 1 transit vehicle transporter to a mk 2 pickup truck still early days but coming along, have shortened the chassis twice as I was doing it by eye and left it to long

attachicon.gifpickup 1.jpg

attachicon.gifpickup 2.jpg

There's a front-on view of one of these, fitted with a tilt, in the thread on parcels traffic in the Valleys that started today.

Just found photos of what I believe to be a pair of ex BR crewbuses in fairground use in the early 90s but unfortunately they're on a private forum so I can't share them. They are Leyland Boxers registered ABT 351R and HDN 466S so are these genuine BR vehicles? The same bodies appear to have later been transplanted onto Ford Cargo chassis.

Those crew buses Adam, were probably Leyland Terriers rather than Boxers, the Boxer being a HGV with larger wheels. ABT---R and HDN---S were both registration series used by the Eastern Region.

Apparently the original plan for the VSB7 crew bus body was to transplant the bodies to new chassis at 7 years but it never happened. I think the P Way managed to wear out the body and chassis together and it never happened.  So when the Ford Cargo came along, they all had newly built bodies.

Any chance of a PM with the link to the other forum, so that I can add the details to my database, please.

Merf.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Shame about the Sherpa kits. Thanks for the input. Maybe sombody else will do it !

Just arrived a couple of new Base Toys variations which may be of interest to some.

The Karier Bantam mechanical Horse with a new variation of the flatbed trailer this time with a gantry, very popular on the Southern Region. OLU794 (3272S) is the correct numbering for a mid 1950s vehicle with trailer 6669S even having the next inspection date of 1955 on the front. The Bantam should have a two piece windscreen, which is easily corrected, a matt black strip on the screen will probably do the trick. Their accuracy is improving all the time.

attachicon.gif100_0812.jpg

The FG open wagon this time branded as a Leyland carries a late 74 or early 75 Nottingham registration, making it a London Midland Region vehicle. A number of these were used both by Civil Engineers and the Mechanical Engineers, so equaly at home in the P Way yard or MPD.

I carries the red double arrow on the cab doors which would have been a recent addition in place of black.

attachicon.gif100_0813.jpg

Merfyn.

Hi Merf,

Not sure if anyone has updated this, but Kingfisher Miniatures (9 Plaza Court, Eriswell Road, Worthing, W.Sussex BN11 3GZ (www.kingfisherminiatures.co.uk)) make lovely resin model of the Sherpa. There are 4 variants, '74-82 and '82 on, both are available in van or minibus versions.

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this.

They were at OnTrack last weekend, which is where mine came from.

Steve

Hi Merf,

Not sure if anyone has updated this, but Kingfisher Miniatures (9 Plaza Court, Eriswell Road, Worthing, W.Sussex BN11 3GZ (www.kingfisherminiatures.co.uk)) make lovely resin model of the Sherpa. There are 4 variants, '74-82 and '82 on, both are available in van or minibus versions.

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this.

They were at OnTrack last weekend, which is where mine came from.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

The Sherpa kit was unavailable for some time, but then got reintroduced. Last time I bought some they were cast to order and took a while to come. Glad they are back in circulation, however I have not seen the minibus version yet. Anybody got a photo of one ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Steve.

The Sherpa kit was unavailable for some time, but then got reintroduced. Last time I bought some they were cast to order and took a while to come. Glad they are back in circulation, however I have not seen the minibus version yet. Anybody got a photo of one ?

I wouldn't wish one of the real ones on anybody Merf - we had one for a while on my little fleet of BR personnel carriers and it spent more time off the road than the rest put together; the only really reliable ones were the Transits which could, and did, take an awful lot of punishment.

• Like 1

I wouldn't wish one of the real ones on anybody Merf - we had one for a while on my little fleet of BR personnel carriers and it spent more time off the road than the rest put together; the only really reliable ones were the Transits which could, and did, take an awful lot of punishment.

We had an A reg. 12 seater Sherpa and not a bad motor, followed later by J reg. 6 seater crew vans. Not a bad motor for their day, we must have been lucky, very little bother.

Of course when the Transits came with Jarvis and Network Rail we were really spoilt.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

They've got to start somewhere, and Post Office were one of the largest users of the Sherpa van.  Given that Oxford Diecast are based in Wales perhaps it is no surprise that it's a Welsh Sherpa first.

I'm sure British Rail (and other versions) will follow in due course.

Moxy

They've got to start somewhere, and Post Office were one of the largest users of the Sherpa van.  Given that Oxford Diecast are based in Wales perhaps it is no surprise that it's a Welsh Sherpa first.

I'm sure British Rail (and other versions) will follow in due course.

Moxy

British Rail is certainly on the to do list.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of a cheeky request if I may.

Does anyone know of any photos online of the Mercedes Sprinters used by DB Schenker, well, Cargo, as mobile loco fitters vans? They're white, with a yellow reflective stripe down the side and the rear doors have reflective red and yellow wasp stripes. At least one has DB Schenker branding on the side.

I've seen them when I've been working but not able to photograph them. Flickr doesn't seem to come up with anything, at least not searching for things like "Schenker sprinter"

I'd like to add one to the layout, so any help would be appreciated! I'll post pics on the thread once it's done

Thanks

Jo

A bit of a cheeky request if I may.

Does anyone know of any photos online of the Mercedes Sprinters used by DB Schenker, well, Cargo, as mobile loco fitters vans? They're white, with a yellow reflective stripe down the side and the rear doors have reflective red and yellow wasp stripes. At least one has DB Schenker branding on the side.

I've seen them when I've been working but not able to photograph them. Flickr doesn't seem to come up with anything, at least not searching for things like "Schenker sprinter"

I'd like to add one to the layout, so any help would be appreciated! I'll post pics on the thread once it's done

Thanks

Jo

Sorry nothing in my collection, just an old Convoy in EWS branding.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif image.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

New announcement from B-T Models

Kev

The four different livery styles on the BT generic fork lift truck. All based on liveries carried by real vehicles over the years.

post-1625-0-21859300-1467208343_thumb.jpg

post-1625-0-53027300-1467208350_thumb.jpg

post-1625-0-33110500-1467208446_thumb.jpg

post-1625-0-59423500-1467208361_thumb.jpg

Another new model from BT is this Ford D series dropside. Based on a vehicle used by the CM&EE dept. at Reddish loco shed where they had a number of these for carrying parts for their fleet of Class 76 locos.

post-1625-0-00715500-1467208332_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

A few recent additions to the staff transport fleet. All 3 from resin kits.

post-1625-0-98456600-1467209021_thumb.jpg

LFM237 a Beadle chassisless bus with Leyland power. Bought from Crosville and used in the Shrewsbury area.  From a kit by Little Bus Company.

post-1625-0-70738700-1467209034_thumb.jpg

Bedford SB with Duple body, 484CLN was bought new by the Western Region and used at Worcester.  From a kit by Marsden Models

post-1625-0-47750100-1467209079_thumb.jpg

HKL837 a AEC Regal with Beadle body bought by the London Midland from Maidstone and District. Used in the Birmingham area.  From a kit by Paragon Models.

• Like 3