Freight question

jamessolomon

I currently own a BR blue class 04, 31, 33 and a 35 but was wondering in that era I was interested in the railfreight livery as it looks nice but is it the right era for one and what locos would have worn it to fit in. Been tempted for a while to get another loco and was tempted for either an intercity liveried one to pull my mk3s around as Iv busted the ring motors in the 3 125s I own or the railfreight or a freight livery to go with the various goods wagons I own

Didn't know about the class 04 being withdrawn so early in my time period. One ring motor sorta works the other 2 catch fire a little inside the intercity set is complete but the other is only the driving end. I think they used locos to move Mk3 stock around the depots and such using freight locos or normal ones or stuff

What is a barrier coach is it more of a converted baggage coach

'Barrier' coaches seem to cover a number of types; in the case of HST barrier vehicles, the HST coaches do not have side-buffers or conventional couplings to allow them to be hauled by locomotives, so vehicles have to be used with conventional draw-gear at one end, and HST-type at the other.

• 4 years later...
On 13/11/2014 at 15:54, Fat Controller said:

'Barrier' coaches seem to cover a number of types; in the case of HST barrier vehicles, the HST coaches do not have side-buffers or conventional couplings to allow them to be hauled by locomotives, so vehicles have to be used with conventional draw-gear at one end, and HST-type at the other.

No, the HST barrier vehicles all have conventional drawgear, the buckeye will cope to an Alliance coupler. The Alliance is basically a buckeye on a solid shank. The mk4 barriers have conventional drawgear at one end and a tight lock at the other.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...