Kings cross HSTs

witherbrow

afternoon all 

I'm currently making a scenario on TS2015 and I just wanted to find out where the HST sets are stored in that area. To my knowledge I think its Bounds Green but I've also heard that its only the class 91 sets that stay there. Any info would be great.

regards - Ash 

Excluding disruptions etc over the recent past the timetable has all EC HSTs on the ECML serviced/examined overnight at Cretininity, Heaton and Neville Hill with stabling and fueling also at Inverness and Aberdeen. I am not certain if any HST are serviced in London, although I am not fully up to speed with Grand Central HSTs and 180s.

The 125 group listed HST diagrams; however, they seem to be rebuilding the site. 

I would be surprised if none were stabled overnight around the London end, as it would be very difficult to provide stock for early-morning Down workings. A look at Quail shows fuelling points on the Down Carriage Washer Line between Hornsey and Alexandra Palace; is it possible that some HSTs are stabled overnight at Ferme Park Down Sidings, which are served by this line?

I would be surprised if none were stabled overnight around the London end, as it would be very difficult to provide stock for early-morning Down workings. A look at Quail shows fuelling points on the Down Carriage Washer Line between Hornsey and Alexandra Palace; is it possible that some HSTs are stabled overnight at Ferme Park Down Sidings, which are served by this line?

Looking at Google-earth still shows fuelling points for HST's at Ferm Park. There was never anything on the washer line between Hornsey at Alexandra Palace except the washer plants and flushing apron for carriage cleaning. Google-earth still shows these to be in place. Whether any HST refueling takes place at Ferm Park is another question. They could easily stable at Ferm Park and use the Ferm Park flyover to get to KX, although one stabled overnight in London would be expected to go through the washer and therefore end up at Bounds Green at somepoint during the night.

Paul J.

Is not the first HST from Kings Cross the 10:00 to Aberdeen, all earlier departures being electric.

If this is as I believe then the stock for this comes in as the 0600 from Newcastle arriving 0900 ish. This stock is serviced overnight at Heaton.

Excluding disruptions etc over the recent past the timetable has all EC HSTs on the ECML serviced/examined overnight at Cretininity, Heaton and Neville Hill with stabling and fueling also at Inverness and Aberdeen. I am not certain if any HST are serviced in London, although I am not fully up to speed with Grand Central HSTs and 180s.

The 125 group listed HST diagrams; however, they seem to be rebuilding the site.

I love the idea of Cretininity. All the residents of the eastern suburbs of Edinburgh must be thrilled.

I love the idea of Cretininity. All the residents of the eastern suburbs of Edinburgh must be thrilled.

I knew a MEE graduate trainee (based at Neville Hill?) who spent time in the late 80's being a flying technician fixing ECML HSTs called it that.  It may have been an insult, but may not.

I was told the depot is closer to Portobello than Craigentinny

On a weekday there are 13 EC HST diagrams.

6 end up at Neville Hill

2 end up at Aberdeen

2 end up at Heaton

2 end up at Craigentinny

1 ends up at Inverness.

The 2 weekday GC diagrams end up at Heaton and Ferme Park.

Archived