Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Guest spet0114

If I have my dates correct, I think we're due the next issue of the Collectors Club magazine this month.  As these are usually accompanied by a new exclusive model, would anyone care to speculate (in a light-hearted manner) what it might be?  

My guess is a 1F 0-6-0 in a new livery - Crimson Lake maybe?

Cheers
Adrian

It's about time a modern image loco was released.

We've not had one for a long time....

The most recent offering from the BCC was the Royal mail liveried motor luggage van, which along with the "Railfreight" class 85 is still available to buy from the club.

The last two Club steam locos were the SECR grey C Class and the S&DJR blue 4F; Neither sat around for long.

I'm not saying what they should do next; Just observing the situation.

RP

The most recent offering from the BCC was the Royal mail liveried motor luggage van, which along with the "Railfreight" class 85 is still available to buy from the club.

The last two Club steam locos were the SECR grey C Class and the S&DJR blue 4F; Neither sat around for long.

I'm not saying what they should do next; Just observing the situation.

RP

Your absolutely right Roy.

I think that maybe the issue in the fact that the 85 & Luggage van are still in stock and were released sometime ago.

Personally I thought they were poor choices, but that's my opinion (before anyone jumps).

They maybe reluctant to release another loco, or maybe waiting for a Class 43 or 158...

Edited by martin_l_jones

Guest spet0114

How about something not done before that would (hopefully) be useful to a lot of folk, my own preference being a 20 or 37 in green with full yellow ends ?

I'd have thought that something that a "lot of folk" would buy would be a candidate for the main range, rather than a limited edition for the collectors club! :)

They normally have the models available pretty soon after announcement, if not a sample visible in time for Warley, so it may be something where the normal, catalogue run has only just hit the shops. I'm not sure which new models would stand out other than the LMS observation saloon perhaps - Could they have extended the production run with a 'special' livery and kept it quiet?? Loadhaul perhaps? Intercity? Scotrail? drool!!!

Or maybe the Class 37418 run from the Highlander set to include another Class 37/4 in Large Logo perhaps? although in that case I'd be surprised if the other announced 37s were waiting until the middle of next year from their due dates

• RMweb Premium

I think you have to look and see what's due. The only thing I can see is a D11 which is shown in LNER black in this months Hornby magazine and a green one is due for Model Rail. Hope it's something better than a set of oil tankers. The last limited edition didn't exactly take my breath away!