Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

So the next 00 gauge club model is class 08601 'Spectre' in LMS Black livery as announced in the Warley News thread.

Were there any others that could be added to this list in future? Were there LNER apple and GWR green 08s used as station pilots?

08604 in GWR green was also seen around New Street about the same time as 08601

Thanks. Sheffield Midland also had 08691 in a version of blue then green.

Correct 08691 'Escafeld', 604 was named 'phantom' I believe. Norwich also had a shunter named 'the canary' which carried a variant of green.

I have no idea how Bachmann decide these models or if they're constrained by certain price points; they could create a wow factor with a different run of the SE&CR C Class, for instance, which would probably go like hotcakes and wouldn't be hanging around for ages.

Mal

edited for spelling 7/10

Edited by Purley Oaks

As well as the original, Bachy has done the C Class in SE&C grey, SE&C simplified, SR black with green lining and SR plain black. Another SR plain black is due in February or March. That's not to mention the BR versions. They do, however, appear to sell like hot cakes.

The latest Trainmail has this titbit by way of a clue: "The writing's on the wall for our next OO scale model which is certain to be popular".

Something covered in graffiti perhaps?

OO gauge collectors club model?

the cancelled olivia's DRS 37?

And hardly a fleck of froth to attend the Warley announcements of the Class 08 in LMS livery or the Caledonian liveried 4MT.

Have we entered an era of 'froth fatigue'?

I have no idea how Bachmann decide these models or if they're constrained by certain price points; they could create a wow factor with a different run of the SE&CR C Class, for instance, which would probably go like hotcakes and wouldn't be hanging around for ages.

One presumes that it would be an existing, previously manufactured product, offered in a livery not previously offered, preferably as in preservation.

But I don't think this announcement will be greeted with thunderous applause. Bachmann don't seem super excited about it. It's not yet posted on their website. (I don't know if they ever hired that website developer they were looking to hire.)

Edited by Ozexpatriate

Dissapointing yet again, IMHO...

At least we have three LE 66's to look forward too..

And possibly something from Rail Exclusive

I agree Martin, Like you, I am mainly in this hobby for the dissapointment.

Really looking forward to getting a copy of the 2016 Bachmann catalogue, so i can be dissspointed at that as well

on present form, it looks like it will deliver in spades

• RMweb Gold

What's the n gauge

(tumbleweed)

So much for the emoticons! Even they- it seems can't get emotional about the N gauge special. (rofi) oh I give up

Edited by farren

Loving the amount of excitement and froth the N gauge collectors club model has raised.   I think that was a tumbleweed that just went by.....

The similar release in OO was one of the Collectors' Club's fastest sellers so it may be the fastest selling N gauge model for the club and take five times as long or more to sell as the OO one did.

Just because no-one's whooping about it it doesn't mean it won't be of interest to many. 

The similar release in OO was one of the Collectors' Club's fastest sellers so it may be the fastest selling N gauge model for the club and take five times as long or more to sell as the OO one did.

Just because no-one's whooping about it it doesn't mean it won't be of interest to many. 

At least one sold to you then Andy   :O

I really like it and bought one at Warley. I think it's great that Bachmann are at last offering something unusual in N for Collectors Club members as they have in OO and hope it sells well. We might see some of the other OO specials like the Silverlink 150 or LNER 47 made available in N.

C. :)

Price for the 00 08 has been announced on the Collector's Club website. At £94.95 (doesn't say if this includes postage) this could be hard to shift. Due in stock in two weeks.

Postage is on the website, free over £100, £4 under £100 for UK. Might be worth looking at other items available to bulk up to £100+, perhaps 6 ties at £1 each 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spet0114

Spectre is now available to order on the BCC website. If you believe my phone's autocorrect, it's also available on the BBC website.