Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Mine eventually arrived this afternoon.  well done Bachmann Collectors Club on a great loco and matching coaches.

27405254576_b35ce85e30_z.jpgDSCF5544 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26830242674_52582b114d_z.jpgDSCF5545 by robfrowen, on Flickr

27439304455_e45709935d_z.jpgDSCF5546 by robfrowen, on Flickr

27405249436_4f47b3c285_z.jpgDSCF5549 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26831999983_3faa5c39f2_z.jpgDSCF5552 by robfrowen, on Flickr

27405245896_8f57afa223_z.jpgDSCF5553 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26831997003_01e583b3aa_z.jpgDSCF5556 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26830229464_729458e8b9_z.jpgDSCF5559 by robfrowen, on Flickr

27340348552_161f8e0080_z.jpgDSCF5560 by robfrowen, on Flickr

27340345972_69b93879e4_z.jpgDSCF5561 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26831987683_3341ec2e2b_z.jpgDSCF5562 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26830214154_63197bf1ba_z.jpgDSCF5563 by robfrowen, on Flickr

27340336052_2661cdd1cd_z.jpgDSCF5564 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26831981263_5e49b4595b_z.jpgDSCF5566 by robfrowen, on Flickr

27367470071_6fbb9eeeca_z.jpgDSCF5567 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26831976093_cba1516838_z.jpgDSCF5570 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26830201844_2798bf960d_z.jpgDSCF5572 by robfrowen, on Flickr

26831970853_a5a6fc5333_z.jpgDSCF5576 by robfrowen, on Flickr

• Like 8

Mine eventually arrived this afternoon.  well done Bachmann Collectors Club on a great loco and matching coaches.

DSCF5544 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5545 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5546 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5549 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5552 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5553 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5556 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5559 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5560 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5561 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5562 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5563 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5564 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5566 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5567 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5570 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5572 by robfrowen, on Flickr

DSCF5576 by robfrowen, on Flickr

I’d made my mind up that I didn’t want these but, if the picture on the front of Bachmann Times hadn’t suckered me into ordering them, those photographs would have. Very nice models and excellent photographs. Thank you.

• Like 1

While I'm not particularly a fan of the class on the whole, I do have a soft spot for a few 37's - 37706 being one of them. The loco's been rostered for numerous DCE workings as well as other tours through the South, as return traction for the Weymouth/Swanage to Southampton leg. Caught her flying up Parkstone Bank numerous times, and what a wonderful sight and sound it is.

What is worthy of noting, is that the headlights are different at each end.

One end has - what appears to me as - standard bulbs (10th July 2014):
post-20657-0-12452400-1464975830_thumb.jpg

While the other end of the loco appears to have LED's (23rd July 2014):
post-20657-0-70198100-1464975795_thumb.jpg

Photographed again on the 6th of August 2014, showing the LED's:
post-20657-0-54421700-1464976432_thumb.jpg

And again, on the 5th of August 2015, showing the Bulbs:
post-20657-0-30281500-1464977187_thumb.jpg

While I'm not a member of the Club, a friend of mine who is has offered to order one for me if I pay him for it. After seeing the pics of the model, I must say it is tempting...

Regards,

Matt 

Edited by TheSoutherner

Wow, Bachmann have taken their time. I've had this beauty in my fleet since 2009, repainted from a Blue/Grey Pullman! I think this is the first time one of my DIY projects (very few) have been reproduced in RTR, so I'm not doing too badly!

blogentry-4226-0-18480900-1341404840.jpg

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41337

The collectors club models do look good, but I'll be sticking with my own versions (I've still got 99350 do paint yet - now which position for the numbering should I use - as per originally painted centred under the window, or as per repainted and modelled by Bachmann at the ends of the bodysides?)

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just,visited DEMU at Froth City.The package was on view on the Bachmann stand.This is one class act. Any travellers on WCRC specials ( 46233?) take due note.A stunner !

One thing that the "current scene" does offer is a myriad of liveries to be produced as limited editions. Not much else as far as passenger trains go though....

• RMweb Gold

I’d made my mind up that I didn’t want these but, if the picture on the front of Bachmann Times hadn’t suckered me into ordering them, those photographs would have. Very nice models and excellent photographs. Thank you.

I too am weakening....having seen the 37 and WCRC Pullmans in the company of a quietly persuasive Dennis Lovett yesterday afternoon in a Burton Town Hall.Oh well,I do have the Hornby Duchess of Sutherland pack and a couple of recent outings over Shap and the S&C (another year before the line reopens sadly) under my belt to justify the expense !

• Like 1

Hi, I must add my thanks to Dennis and the Bachmann Collectors club. He took my completed form off me at Showcase and ensured that when I called up today I could order the WCRC 37 and coach pack. The man on the phone had my details and has set me up and processed my order already. The models really do look superb having had a good look in the display case over the weekend.

Thanks

Mark

I have booked my place on the Bachmann Collectors club annual day out on the East Lancashire Railway next September. A first for me as not living in the UK it isn't that easy. I have never been on the ELR so I thought it would be a good opportunity to take a tour. I shall also try to get in a trip around the Cumbria Coast Line to make a weekend of it.

Does anyone know the best way to get to the ELR Heywood station by public transport from central Manchester as I won't have a car?!

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

I know you can go by tram to Bury, which is middle of the line. First bus probably do a bus but I'm not aware of the number. I do know they run up Broadway from Manchester through Chadderton to Oldham so I'd image you could get to Heywood. Try looking up First Manchester buses. But if I was going I'd travel tram to Bury. Is the event at Heywood. It's the end of the line but didn't think much in way of facilities there. The heart of ELR is Bury

I have booked my place on the Bachmann Collectors club annual day out on the East Lancashire Railway next September. A first for me as not living in the UK it isn't that easy. I have never been on the ELR so I thought it would be a good opportunity to take a tour. I shall also try to get in a trip around the Cumbria Coast Line to make a weekend of it.

Does anyone know the best way to get to the ELR Heywood station by public transport from central Manchester as I won't have a car?!

Thanks

Here you go, but not too sure on distance from Heywood town centre to ELR station.

Ian

http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/163.pdf

• RMweb Gold

Thanks

Might be more interesting to take the Metrolink tram to Bury,... Then take a train from Bury on the ELR itself to Heywood ? Edited by adb968008

BEWARE!! Mr Bachmann is watching you. Following my post asking for directions by public transport he contacted me by email to advise me to take the metro to Bury from whence my ticket would be valid on the early trains to Heywood.

You have been advised

(Thank you Mr Bachmann)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I decided against buying the 37 in the end as my car was due it's MOT this week and I knew it was going to need at a minimum new brakes all round and possibly tyres so I had budgeted a few hindered quid for that

Anyway, had it done today and all it needs is a £20 set of rear brake pads, I think I may well be getting the 37 after all

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I decided against buying the 37 in the end as my car was due it's MOT this week and I knew it was going to need at a minimum new brakes all round and possibly tyres so I had budgeted a few hindered quid for that

Anyway, had it done today and all it needs is a £20 set of rear brake pads, I think I may well be getting the 37 after all

And you will not be disappointed.The set is superb.I have also to commend the Collector's Club response to a telephone query I made this morning over delivery .Bright,clear and cheerful,the young lady addressed my initial concern with a return telephone call within ten minutes.Fedex duly delivered before midday.Makes a big difference when your "front of house" presents in such a bright,articulate and reassuring manner.This comes in sharp contrast to a poor experience with my local authority when I phoned their so - called 'helpline' with a query over an EU Referendum postal vote which produced rambling incoherence and was anything but 'helpful'.

• Like 1

And you will not be disappointed.The set is superb.I have also to commend the Collector's Club response to a telephone query I made this morning over delivery .Bright,clear and cheerful,the young lady addressed my initial concern with a return telephone call within ten minutes.Fedex duly delivered before midday.Makes a big difference when your "front of house" presents in such a bright,articulate and reassuring manner.This comes in sharp contrast to a poor experience with my local authority when I phoned their so - called 'helpline' with a query over an EU Referendum postal vote which produced rambling incoherence and was anything but 'helpful'.

So you did give in in the end! A very pretty little threesome. It’s only a pity that the train is so short. I was convinced to go for the Sealink pair by the prospect of a main range coach to supplement them. I wonder, though, who is expected to buy the one-off other than Club members. It suits me perfectly but it seems an odd thing to offer in the main range.