Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

I joined the club just to get these models. I never thought Bachmann would produce the WCRC Pullmans and they are very nice models. I got the 37 too so only really cost £4 to join the club with the combined saving on these models.

The MK1's are fairly easy to model using the maroon MK1's from Bachmann, end steps can be removed and I brush painted rail match maroon on the ends. An orange cant rail stripe was also painted along the roof line and after removing the old numbers with some humbrol thinners and cotton bud Railtec transfers were added which cover logos, names and numbers. A decent rake can be formed.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

The MK1's are fairly easy to model using the maroon MK1's from Bachmann, end steps can be removed and I brush painted rail match maroon on the ends. An orange cant rail stripe was also painted along the roof line and after removing the old numbers with some humbrol thinners and cotton bud Railtec transfers were added which cover logos, names and numbers. A decent rake can be formed.

Mark

i used the hachette "your model railway" coaches to make a rake of WCR coaches, as you say, cant rail and railtec decals, job done (oh and new metal wheels)

i keep umming and ahhing over this 37, do i join the club to get one or not? one day i think yes then i change my mind, thing is i know when i decide to get one they will have sold out 

Buy one Big Jim, you will not regret it. I have one, and as soon as I saw it in the flesh I thought it looked even better than the pics. The livery really does suit the loco and though plain, it does look classy. I don't think there are many left so don't leave it too late.

Stu

• RMweb Gold

thing is i have a wcr 33 to pull my coaches and i don't really need another 37, had they offered a wcr 47 as the collectors club model then i'd have joined and ordered the day it was announced

annoyingly i used to have the vi-trains 37/47 twin pack but i sold it on, wish i hadn't now

• RMweb Gold

Tower models Blackpool had the Vitrains models twin pack in the 2nd hand cabinet on Monday DCC fitted at I think £160.

No idea if still there

Cheers

Mark

i'll give em a ring tomorrow, as luck would have it im on a lodge turn in blackpool next week!

• RMweb Gold

Unlucky you............

Cheers,

Mick

my trainee is looking forward to it, he's never been to blackpool before and wants to go up the tower etc, i have a merlin pass so can do it for free and get him 1/2 price tickets so thats what were going to do, also the tower dungeon which is a right laugh

he also wants to do the trams so we'll give that a go

we may have to change the colas hard hat logo for a kiss me quick hat though

If they can't get the buffers correct on 37706, I doubt they'll get 950001 right!

(37706 has "squared oval" at the No2 end)

The two Pullmans are 99347 and 99352 - this is 99352's current livery.... and has been since at least 2012

99348/350 would be better choices

Cheers,

Mick

Noted on yesterdays Cumbrian Mountain Express 99348 is now in full Pullman livery carrying the name 'Topaz'.

Phil

Noted on yesterdays Cumbrian Mountain Express 99348 is now in full Pullman livery carrying the name 'Topaz'.

Phil

It worked from Liverpool to Scarborough yesterday http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/conservedpreservedcoach/e7abf3e46 and others.  Sapphire was also in the train, similarly adorned, so a bit more mixed than an all maroon train.

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spet0114

Getting close to September and a new Club model. Anyone care for the usual spot of guesswork as to what it might be? Looking back over recent(ish), my money's on a class 47.

Cheers

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

Can't see it being another Class 37 when the last OO scale club model was 37706. For the same reason it's steam's turn. V3, Ivatt 2MT 2-6-2T, LMS Crab, BR Std 2-6-4T or A1 are the steam locos either newly out or expected August to October.

There don't seem to be any all new locos from them recently, so I doubt the V3 and Ivatt 2MT will be on the list. Even the diesels seem to be a bit over filled right right now. Maybe another class 40 since they were last to be re-run.

• RMweb Premium

I'm just trying to think about what possible loco could be announced. A lot of special liveries have been produced or announced recently so it doesn't leave that many possibilities for special liveried locos.

It could possibly be a WCRC Maroon 47 or 57/3. Although with the 37 just released a 47 or 57/3 wouldn't really go I don't think. On the charters and railtours you normally see 47 and 57/3 combinations.

66779 could be an option although this might come at a later stage as a NRM Limited Edition.

Or it could be a DRS Revised 57 or 20th Anniversary liveried 57307. This would make sense seen as though 57s have been announced in March.

Possibly another 37. 37025, 37057 or a DRS operated BR Large Logo liveried 37 to go with 37401 when released. Or 37800 or 37884.

A GBRF liveried Class 66. After all lots of the latest ones have been named.

I'm just trying to think about what possible loco could be announced. A lot of special liveries have been produced or announced recently so it doesn't leave that many possibilities for special liveried locos.

It could possibly be a WCRC Maroon 47 or 57/3. Although with the 37 just released a 47 or 57/3 wouldn't really go I don't think. On the charters and railtours you normally see 47 and 57/3 combinations.

66779 could be an option although this might come at a later stage as a NRM Limited Edition.

Or it could be a DRS Revised 57 or 20th Anniversary liveried 57307. This would make sense seen as though 57s have been announced in March.

Possibly another 37. 37025, 37057 or a DRS operated BR Large Logo liveried 37 to go with 37401 when released. Or 37800 or 37884.

Ah, but you are assuming it has to be from contemporary raikway and as they have just pj led out the sludge 37 and coaches, I think they fear alienating others with intereste in different areas.

NSE is having an anniversary, so maybe a 47 in those colours...

• RMweb Premium

Ah, but you are assuming it has to be from contemporary raikway and as they have just pj led out the sludge 37 and coaches, I think they fear alienating others with intereste in different areas.

NSE is having an anniversary, so maybe a 47 in those colours...

That's very true. I'm thinking modern image but like you say if they continue with modern image locos and stock they could be alienating others who have interests in other eras.

I'm sure whatever model is announced it will be fantastic.

Thinking about it, it might not be a modern image loco because if all of the special liveried locos are produced quickly then they will soon run out of locos to produce in the future.