Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Premium

Well you get 4 pretty good magazines a year, a very nice Calendar at Christmas, a PO wagon on renewal and you get to go into Collectors booth at exhibitions where you are wined and dined . All this and the option to buy club only specials, which given the price, I've fortunately managed to avoid.

Overall I'd say it's not bad

Edited by Legend

• RMweb Premium

Plus the annual catalogue.

Whether it is worthwhile or not will depend a bit on your modelling interests, but they are pretty good at spreading the offering around from pre- grouping to up to date.

I don't get the benefits of the exhibition goodies since I live abroad, and I pay more for the membership (same reason) but I still think it good value - the more so if the next offering is spmething pre-1923.

• RMweb Premium

And if you don't want the 'free' wagon then sell it on and you will recoup some of your annual membership fee right there. I have kept those of interest and sold others on very easily.

The calendar is almost worth the membership alone! I just wish there was more N gauge collectors club models which tends to be lacking compared with the clubs OO scale offerings.

And if you don't want the 'free' wagon then sell it on and you will recoup some of your annual membership fee right there. I have kept those of interest and sold others on very easily.

The calendar is almost worth the membership alone! I just wish there was more N gauge collectors club models which tends to be lacking compared with the clubs OO scale offerings.

Problem is, unless anything has changed, they estimated N to be 10 % the market of OO, so expect similar proportions .

I think the club is good value, " wined and dined " sounds good in the club booth too

I would have thought 40106 would be popular enough to be in the main range, not a limited edition?

I confess I didn't renew my club membership this year, as I didn't want the wagon and the last couple of Bachmann catalogues have been a bit disappointing IMHO.

If a new collector's club model comes out that I really want I would reconsider.

I haven't renewed membership for a while. Most of the club wagons were not really wanted (there was a Doncaster one I kept as it's my home town). The catalogues while nice I can find everything online. The magazines are great but again most of what I find of interest in them is available online, usually before I get the mag. The club models are great but I've not bought one since the Class 47 Doncaster Enterprise

• RMweb Gold

According to the trainmail email it looks like the next collectors model is yet another one for the modern image fans...

An outline of a 'duff' with radio aerials is the clue, could be any of many.

Duff = slang for class 47.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

According to the trainmail email it looks like the next collectors model is yet another one for the modern image fans...

Underframe water tanks removed too, so likely to be a 47/8. Assuming off course the outline isn't a red herring...

• RMweb Gold

oh please be a colas 47 in the new livery