Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Too rich for me plus cost of membership.

Don't forget for the cost of membership you get a catalogue (but maybe you have one possibly), a lovely calendar, 4 magazines a year which are a nice read, an exclusive wagon and other benefits at large shows and the chance of a free day out at a railway - not too shabby!

And the loco is fab too, I know as I have one

All the best

Was the original ever seen in the North West around the Crewe or Manchester area.

Do you mean for when the loco was originally painted in that colour or the latter 2000s repaint before Virgin Cross-Country replaced all the loco-hauled services with Voyagers?

This model is of the original version with the headcode panels rather than the later repaint as the Heljan model was.

Do you mean for when the loco was originally painted in that colour or the latter 2000s repaint before Virgin Cross-Country replaced all the loco-hauled services with Voyagers?

This model is of the original version with the headcode panels rather than the later repaint as the Heljan model was.

Yes I was referring to the original 1964 livery as the Bachmann model I want to purchase, thanks.

Edited by paul 27

Heljan have done both Original BR XP64 and the Virgin XP64

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1113_1_1575737.html

Edit: proof added link to sales website for BR XP64

Edited by MrB

Don't forget for the cost of membership you get a catalogue (but maybe you have one possibly), a lovely calendar, 4 magazines a year which are a nice read, an exclusive wagon and other benefits at large shows and the chance of a free day out at a railway - not too shabby!

All the best

Is this a Limited run of 500, how much is the postage charge on top.

• RMweb Gold

Is this a Limited run of 500, how much is the postage charge on top.

They usually are around 500.

P&P is free.

There's always a risk you can take, on that it may not sell, and that 18mths down the road they may offload them to shops., or one could show up on ebay.

If you don't want to join the club, you could always tap up a member into buying one and sorting it with them.

I for one enjoy the articles in the mags, membership, the free wagon etc and there's always an option to buy and cash out a limited edition you don't want, to off set the cost of membership, though admittedly the days where a almost every limited edition is guareteed to become an instant sell out and doubles in price seem to be long gone.

I am however betting on 1054 as a lined black coal tank as it ran in the 1980's showing up, as well as an LBSC liveried 4-4-2 at some point.

To me joining up is worth it, especially if your a modern image modeller, in the last few years they've had: WCRC 37, 20172, Royal Mail MLV, D1733, 08604, Sealink coaches, Exhibition train coach, WCRC pullmans.

Edited by adb968008

To me joining up is worth it, especially if your a modern image modeller, in the last few years they've had: WCRC 37, 20172, Royal Mail MLV, D1733, 08604, Sealink coaches, Exhibition train coach, WCRC pullmans.

I agree that the club is excellent value for the reasons you mention. As to the Sealink coaches, I don’t understand the logic. Initially I decided against getting just a pair of coaches but the extra main-range coach parted me from my money. It worked well for me but why produce a limited edition of two coaches (including the only brake coach) and then one more coach as an unlimited edition?

• RMweb Gold

I agree that the club is excellent value for the reasons you mention. As to the Sealink coaches, I don’t understand the logic. Initially I decided against getting just a pair of coaches but the extra main-range coach parted me from my money. It worked well for me but why produce a limited edition of two coaches (including the only brake coach) and then one more coach as an unlimited edition?

Sealink coaches weren't always operated as a block train, they parted and ended up in mix rake sets all over the country. If someone wants an "odd" one in the rake then an SK would be it, if you want the "as initial" rake then the collector club 2 are your start point and you can add 1,2,3 sk's as required.

There was a sealink coach at Preston for the longest amount of time, presumably a spare, parked up in the sidings south end, next to the parcels bay/docks line that electrics used to be stabled in.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

I joined the club a couple of years ago, specificlly to get the Sealink coaches. Bought 3 packs to allow me to run a full length train, albeit with 3 brakes. With the release of the SK, I can remodel my train and will now look to sell on one of my packs. I've swithered the last couple of years whether to renew, but overall I'm happy to be a member and the day on the East Lancs Railway was excellent.

• RMweb Gold

I joined the club a couple of years ago, specificlly to get the Sealink coaches. Bought 3 packs to allow me to run a full length train, albeit with 3 brakes. With the release of the SK, I can remodel my train and will now look to sell on one of my packs. I've swithered the last couple of years whether to renew, but overall I'm happy to be a member and the day on the East Lancs Railway was excellent.

And if at the ELR if you rode on BSK 35070, then you were riding on one of the former sealink coaches.

In sealink

https://goo.gl/images/w4dGOh

In blood/custard at Bury

https://goo.gl/images/nlRRLQ

Edited by adb968008

All the best

your right got the cracking 2017 Callender plus magazines and catalogue.there worth the fee alone. good value

I agree that the club is excellent value for the reasons you mention. As to the Sealink coaches, I don’t understand the logic. Initially I decided against getting just a pair of coaches but the extra main-range coach parted me from my money. It worked well for me but why produce a limited edition of two coaches (including the only brake coach) and then one more coach as an unlimited edition?

they might have been dipping their toe in the water so to speak to see what interest there was in them. To be fair, I think that'd be a pretty difficult livery to predict the uptake of. Doing them as collectors club limited editions will have increased the profit margins far higher than normal catalogue releases so that might have greatly reduced the number to sell to make a profit

I see on Bachmann's website you can now join as an EFE collector and pick from a selection of EFE models instead of the collector's wagon might be a good option for anyone not really interested in the 4 wheel private owner wagons they normal offer.

• Like 1

They usually are around 500.

P&P is free.

There's always a risk you can take, on that it may not sell, and that 18mths down the road they may offload them to shops., or one could show up on ebay.

If you don't want to join the club, you could always tap up a member into buying one and sorting it with them.

I for one enjoy the articles in the mags, membership, the free wagon etc and there's always an option to buy and cash out a limited edition you don't want, to off set the cost of membership, though admittedly the days where a almost every limited edition is guareteed to become an instant sell out and doubles in price seem to be long gone.

I am however betting on 1054 as a lined black coal tank as it ran in the 1980's showing up, as well as an LBSC liveried 4-4-2 at some point.

If I could find a member to purchase on my behalf could it be sent direct to my address, any offers   thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this has been a long thread and have tried to read most of it thus apologies if I'm asking a question that has previously been answered.

Just want to know if the Bachmann Collectors Club WCR MK1 Pullman Coaches are suitable to be renumbered to any of the current coach stock that WCR have at the moment, I'm thinking of buying another set but not sure if they can be renumbered to match other WCR coaching stock so I can have a 4 rake instead of just the 2.

As I said already have the WCR Pullman coach set & 37706 and later this year 47245 when it is released from Bachmann which will make the set eventually.

Appreciate any assistance on this.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by classy52