Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Royal train pair ?

Yep :-)

47798 was the first EWS 47 Bachmann did. I know it too ka while to produce the 'crewe cut' body, but why a real EWS red model has not appeared earlier is a mystery.

This CC version means there has STILL been no main range EWS 47...!

• Like 1

Oh well. I might send them an email at some point.

Especially since the two articles that are missing is part of the Coal Tanks article and the M&GNR one.

Jason

Hi Jason

Same here, very strange ,

thought just seen that!

Roger

Edited by dodge605

47798 was the first EWS 47 Bachmann did. I know it too ka while to produce the 'crewe cut' body, but why a real EWS red model has not appeared earlier is a mystery.

Ever since the Bachmann 47 has been announced, they have done later liveries, followed by BR Green or BR blue one year after another in rotation. If you take the later ones as everything from trainload/sectorisation you can see that they were slowly working their way through to that range where EWS would have been done. I have expected them to announce one alongside the Virgin 47. It sees that other liveries of Freightliner green, Riviera Blue, DRS Blue (first livery) all could be part of the range they could do next. Other very up to date ones have been done, such as Colas and DRS but these have been done as a special release.

Probably so that if anyone wants an EWS 47 they have to join the club to get one...Another ploy to get money out of you.

Probably so that if anyone wants an EWS 47 they have to join the club to get one...Another ploy to get money out of you.

A bit cynical isn't it?

You get more than the sum value from the Collectors Club. A limited edition wagon worth over £15. Four magazines that are worth about £4 each. A calendar with good quality paintings that would cost at least £10 from a shop. The catalogue. A day out at a heritage railway. Access to upcoming models at exhibitions. etc. 

Plus the opportunity to purchase limited edition models, most for less than the retailers sell equivalent models.

Don't like it? Then buy some paints and paint an EWS Class 47.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Or perhaps an assessment that we know there are people who want an EWS liveried Class 47, but probably not enough for a standard production run, so lets offer it as a limited edition of 512? Or perhaps like some other recent limited editions it was originally commissioned by a retailer that decided to pull out.

Whatever the reason, surely having the opportunity to buy the model is a positive however you want to look at it.

Or perhaps an assessment that we know there are people who want an EWS liveried Class 47, but probably not enough for a standard production run, so lets offer it as a limited edition of 512? Or perhaps like some other recent limited editions it was originally commissioned by a retailer that decided to pull out.

Whatever the reason, surely having the opportunity to buy the model is a positive however you want to look at it.

Id say that EWS (being as popular as it is)will have many collections where the locomotive fleet is maroon and gold and as a result an EWS 47 is going to be highly popular. Will that not be a drive for some more people to join the collectors club and pay 160 kiwd for a class 47. Just a few months ago, the Colas/DRS ones were arriving for about 135-150 as a special edition and now the main range is that price. So Bachmann thus think that there is more than enough demand and that the EWS 47 wont satisfy and thus will sell quickly at the high price set and bring Bachmann some nice quick cashflow.

Edited by The Black Hat

I’m not convinced EWS is actually that popular. You have to be of a certain age to have seen it ( I was in me prime ! ) and the 47 in those colours was fairly short lived after they decided to can the 47s even though they spent some dosh refurbing them.

I think I’ll get one but it’ll be next payday I reckon

I ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait for her to arrive. When I've finished building my new 14' x 12' dcc sound layout she'll get a full running in, until then she'll have to stay in her box apart from a quick test on our shops dcc layout of course.

How did you manage that? When I look at the website it has been out of stock since the beginning of the week. Did you telephone?

I like the paint scheme what I don’t like is those jumper cables, why orange and so chunky ?[attachment=1049057:6E95413C-9BE2-418E-A318-9F3211BAE0C5.png

attachicon.gifE08ADBCA-715B-4298-9173-E078361629C7.jpeg

Yep hardly prototypical but if you look closely at both photos there are a few items on the model that don't match the real thing and to be honest the model looks quite dated now and is begging to be re-tooled by Bachmann or completely done from scratch by somebody else.

I like the paint scheme what I don’t like is those jumper cables, why orange and so chunky ?[attachment=1049057:6E95413C-9BE2-418E-A318-9F3211BAE0C5.png

attachicon.gifE08ADBCA-715B-4298-9173-E078361629C7.jpeg

The TDM fittings could have made finer, with Black cables, they did the same on the PP 47/7's.....the supplied pipework is also poor, what's that ribbed pipe supposed to represent ? 

Yep hardly prototypical but if you look closely at both photos there are a few items on the model that don't match the real thing and to be honest the model looks quite dated now and is begging to be re-tooled by Bachmann or completely done from scratch by somebody else.

Yeah, that close up slightly puts me off. Cynically I can’t help thinking the 13 rep 37s , are a quick “ lets use these tools “ before someone reboots the 37 , like maybe hattons.

And, yes, what’s the ribbed one ? Very long vac pipe ? Although I guess this went with refurb.

Now I look again, what the hell is up with those white lamp irons ? They are massive. My blue 47s have much better ones, a little plastic sprue attached to the plastic chassis .

Hope this is a production sample

Edited by rob D2

The red pipe is described as a steam heating pipe in the accessory bag so not needed for the up to date 47’s. What I do is using a small file smooth off the ribs on the black pipe part, touch up the red if needed and use as the correct air pipe which looks good once fitted. The orange plastic is also easy to paint with black Matt acrylic to finish off the jumper cables which look finer when done. Apart from this the supplied accessory bag on the 47 is really quite good.

Hope that’s of use.

Thanks

Mark