Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

There were a couple of models that Kernow seem to of cancelled mostly class 47's. Personally i think it was just wrong timing for them due to other exclusive liveries and working on models directly with a factory in china coming in around the same sort of time and as there is only so far a business could cope with to cover various projects some things most of been cancelled/ giving back to manufacturer and as such Bachmann have release them as Rep Editions and Collectors Club models.

Samuel.

Kernow still more than 10 in stock for all 8 previous exclusive class 47s (plus an all yellow 57). All just under £150 each. I did feel that they were being a bit fast and furious doing so many in such a short time scale. 

It took us at the Signalbox almost 3 years to shift 500 Lima KESR NSE class 73s at £35 each in the early 90s despite all the publicity. I hope they do better shifting 4500 class 47/57s.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Guy's

what's the chance of their being nothing from the club this quarter due to their being a factory move

thanks

Alan

I got my renewal letter through today. It says there will be an 'n' scale model announced in the next edition of Bachmann Times.  Doesn't say if a loco or wagon. I read from this that there will be no OO offering.

• RMweb Premium

I like these......was going to click the clicker and admire them tomorrow, then I worked out they are presently over £21 each

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/11/cornish-coal-trader-wagons-sales-area-exclusive/

A bit stiff considering their usual weathered/repaired wagons have a much lower RRP.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

A bit stiff considering their usual weathered/repaired wagons have a much lower RRP.

Keith

Indeed, some of the still available Coal load three packs can be had for £35-£45, maybe I’ll wait and hope they don’t sell out.

• RMweb Premium

There is supposed to be a RTC red/blue test coach based on the Mk2a FK in N but seeing as the catalogue FK's were lost in the recent China factory relocation problems I think it may be a while before it actually arrives.

It did say a new announcement at Warley in the email that arrived about two weeks ago.

I like these......was going to click the clicker and admire them tomorrow, then I worked out they are presently over £21 each

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/11/cornish-coal-trader-wagons-sales-area-exclusive/

Aren't they rep models for the South West rather than Collectors Club?

If you look around at the shops in that area then you might get them a bit cheaper.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

It did say a new announcement at Warley in the email that arrived about two weeks ago.

If you look around at the shops in that area then you might get them a bit cheaper.

Jason

I did.....they are not.....RRP.

I was hoping one of the BIG sellers would have them but nothing so far.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guy's

what's the chance of their being nothing from the club this quarter due to their being a factory move

thanks

Alan

Well I am rather hoping that with the recently released SR (former LB&SCR) H2, we may see the LB&SCR version.  We have seen all of the necessary changes in the mouldings following some of the EP pictures.

Because the base model has already reached the Uk there has to be a hope that the Club model likewise might have done.

Well I can live in hope and I guess the bank manager also hopes, but in another direction.

I think if there is a problem it is more likely to impact on the next club models rather than the current one, which hopefully missed the problems in China.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if, since they are all Cornish prototypes, these were originally going to be a Kernow MRC limited edition like some of the other recent Area Rep models.

I got my renewal letter through today. It says there will be an 'n' scale model announced in the next edition of Bachmann Times.  Doesn't say if a loco or wagon. I read from this that there will be no OO offering.

Hi

now that's interesting it seem to be that 00 gauge is the best seller although I have just checked the Bachmann web and it seems their is still a lot of 00 gauge in stock

thanks

Alan

Well I am rather hoping that with the recently released SR (former LB&SCR) H2, we may see the LB&SCR version.  We have seen all of the necessary changes in the mouldings following some of the EP pictures.

Because the base model has already reached the Uk there has to be a hope that the Club model likewise might have done.

Well I can live in hope and I guess the bank manager also hopes, but in another direction.

I think if there is a problem it is more likely to impact on the next club models rather than the current one, which hopefully missed the problems in China.

Hi

I don't think their be a locomotive as their are at least 4 of the last club loco's still in stock

thanks

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As the Mk2a FK's have now re-emerged from the black hole they disappeared into at the end of October during the great factory relocation cafuddle I would wager the RTC version for the Collectors Club is now imminent again.