Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Premium

I would counter argue that there has been an awful lot of Collectors Club, regional agents specials and Ltd Editions from Bachmann for OO scale and pretty much naff all for the N side so this is more than welcome.

Okay it is only one coach versus what seems like a tidal wave of 37's but it's a start.

• RMweb Gold

My magazine, calendar and Christmas card (showing a very atmospheric picture of a Deltic and some Mk.2f coaches) also arrived today. 

Magazine looks full of interesting articles, about to start bedtime reading...…

Keith

I would counter argue that there has been an awful lot of Collectors Club, regional agents specials and Ltd Editions from Bachmann for OO scale and pretty much naff all for the N side so this is more than welcome.

Okay it is only one coach versus what seems like a tidal wave of 37's but it's a start.

Totally agree John, the balance of OO to N gauge is one sided - understandable they will favour OO but still, especially when a lot of these collectors club and sales rep models are tooled in N gauge so replication would be easier than starting from scratch

• RMweb Premium

It is one reason why I have slightly reluctantly let my Collectors Club membership lapse.

If the RTC follows others into certain retailers after eighteen months then I may pick it up then.

Totally agree John, the balance of OO to N gauge is one sided - understandable they will favour OO but still, especially when a lot of these collectors club and sales rep models are tooled in N gauge so replication would be easier than starting from scratch

And there’s a big steam to diesel bias....... the collectors wagon is always a planked steam era thing.....and the calendar is mostly steam ......and the open day is always to ride a steam train.

They are going with their big demographic ......steam in OO.

Edited by rob D2

And there’s a big steam to diesel bias....... the collectors wagon is always a planked steam era thing.....and the calendar is mostly steam ......and the open day is always to ride a steam train.

I'm sorry but your post is flawed. At this years open day event at the Churnet Valley Railway, there were both steam and diesel operating including a BR Blue 33 on passenger duty and cab rides in a Janus, both diesel locos. The new N gauge club model MK2A FK in RTC livery is most definitely not steam era and the previous club model in OO was a 47 in EWS livery, once again not steam. Not to mention when you look at the Works report, in OO gauge the quantity of items at EP sample or later, diesels/DEMUs outnumber steam locos and in N gauge there are as many modern image as steam products in the report.

I feel a bit sorry for Bachmann when it comes to CC limited editions in a way. It doesn't matter what they announce, there's always moans from someone that it doesn't suit their particular interest.

It's impossible for Bachy to please everyone every time. Why not just say nowt if it's not for you and wait until the next one, or whenever it does suit you, and give them a break?

steve

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

If I recall correctly not all Collectors Club models actually had certificates anyway. If it is one that did then it may be worth seeing if someone here has the same model and doesn't want their certificate.

I personally have never been bothered about them as like most buyers the model is taken out of the box to be run, enjoyed and even modified as desired which is what it should be doing rather than just sitting on a shelf.

I'm sorry but your post is flawed. At this years open day event at the Churnet Valley Railway, there were both steam and diesel operating including a BR Blue 33 on passenger duty and cab rides in a Janus, both diesel locos. The new N gauge club model MK2A FK in RTC livery is most definitely not steam era and the previous club model in OO was a 47 in EWS livery, once again not steam. Not to mention when you look at the Works report, in OO gauge the quantity of items at EP sample or later, diesels/DEMUs outnumber steam locos and in N gauge there are as many modern image as steam products in the report.

I think not, and I think you are missing the point. Of collectors club models at present , available to buy, 87% are steam era. I’m not talking about the normal shop range, that’s beside the point.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the club is still good value, but the OO collector , modeller of steam I’d wager is their biggest demographic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Does anyone have any idea what a boxed collectors club SDJR 4F would be worth? Used but well looked after. I've been looking on eBay for prices to compare but have never seen it listed.

I sold mine about £160 early this year in a bit of a clear out, mint boxed, unused.

Then an inner box only one showed up in excellant condition at £50 so i bought it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

picked up a flyer at Alexandra palace over the weekend, 

Next oo gauge collectors club model is

32-763K 57307 Lady Penelope in DRS ‘Cable Thieves: We’re Watching You’ livery

Arriving in April

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1